Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No more wash day blues for me

No more wash day blues for me

Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:11 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Talking No more wash day blues for me

I finally sold my horrible LG 8.5 kilo fuzzy logic top loader and yesterday picked up a new 7 kilo front loader!

OH heaven!! I have done a load of white this am and guess what??? They are white! clean! no fluff! not tangled and SPUN properly. All this done using one third the water, half the powder and less electricity.

The only negative point was the time, I chose to do the longest wash cycle, it was 2 hours (the other one was 1 hour 9 Min's) but my god, it was worth it.

The proof will be in the pudding as the dark loads now on, (45 mins) swishing away sooo quietly i have to keep checking its on (its better than the telly at the mo) If this load comes out with the white dog hair gone and no lint/ fluff stripes all up the back of my work t shirts you will hear me whoop for delight in far north Queensland

To anyone who thinks I've lost the plot, yeah probably. To anyone who thinks I'm bragging, i don't give a shit To those of you who know the awful feelings a to you
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:19 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No more wash day blues for me

Hi Hevs,

Would you rate the front loading machines as being generally better than the top loaders? I need to replace my washing machine when we get to WA, and I was considering getting a top loader as someone told me it was more economical on water than a front loader. Which may or may not be true, but not if you end up rewashing clothes because they aren't clean!!!

I've got a front loader at the moment which I like - would you recommend sticking with a front loader? What are advantages and disadvantages?

How's the tooth, btw?
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Hi Hevs,

Would you rate the front loading machines as being generally better than the top loaders? I need to replace my washing machine when we get to WA, and I was considering getting a top loader as someone told me it was more economical on water than a front loader. Which may or may not be true, but not if you end up rewashing clothes because they aren't clean!!!

I've got a front loader at the moment which I like - would you recommend sticking with a front loader? What are advantages and disadvantages?

How's the tooth, btw?
Blimey, where to start

Tooth, still slightly swollen, but pains gone!

Top loaders guzzle the water, my old one used well over a hundred liters with a full load, (can't find the comparisons page at the mo though)this one uses 54 liters! Not the best of plans when you are on tank water, you live and learn The stuff comes out messier than when it went in. LG took it away to "clean it" (were they taking the mick do you think) as apparently you are not supposed to use fabric softer in them. The maintenance man looked a bit puzzled when i asked him what the drawer labeled "softener " was for though

http://www.mofb.com.au/Trade_feature.htm
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:24 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Let uncle walla1 know

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...laundry+thread
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:27 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Ransi
I don't care, I may be seen as boring, but at least I'm happy
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

What make of front loader did you get Hevs? I shall be getting a new one when we move.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:36 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
What make of front loader did you get Hevs? I shall be getting a new one when we move.
It was a Samsung. The thing that sold me on it was that you can open the door for a few minutes after its started filling for that one sock that you always drop on the way to the laundry (this is one thing that the top loader does have in its favour)

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/factsheets/687.asp some facts and figures, but not either of my machines is on here

Go here http://shopping.yahoo.com.au/ctl/go/...key=0&orw=true
But we paid NO WHERE near that amount for it and got it from retravision.

Last edited by hevs; Jul 31st 2005 at 11:52 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Samsung? since when did they start making washing machines?
I shall be asking you how its going in a few weeks time. Was it expensive?
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:53 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Samsung? since when did they start making washing machines?
I shall be asking you how its going in a few weeks time. Was it expensive?
Perhaps they got sick of kids sqirting water in their video recorders

I've pm'ed you re other stuff
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs - good morning!

Yes I'm on here again - can't believe it meself - getting as bad as Bix aren't I, just the opposite end of the day - HELP!

TOP LOADERS Firstly, you are not being boring, threads get 'lost' good to hilight again for some of the NEW members on this site!

We had one in the first apartment we stayed on arriving in Cairns - ABSOLUTELY hated it! Like you say -munched up all the clothes! Colours mixed no matter what prog you put it on! Wld NEVER buy one!

We also bought a SAMSUNG front loader when moving into our first rental house, SO GOOD! And it 'speaks' to me too!! he he!! Thats what the delivery guy said when plugging it in! It BLEEPS at you which is fun!!! SAD I know! Novelty has worn off - I promise

Hurray - Australia electrical stores are getting more FRONT LOADERS in for sale - not like a few years ago apparently - Top Loaders only zone

Have a nice day Hevs - happy washing!! Oh I can hear my washing machine 'speaking' to me - must go

Gill
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:13 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Hi Hevs,

How's the tooth, btw?
Advantages of a front loader:

1-uses much less water (we have water meters over here)

2-has more than 4 wash temperatures

3-able to do very hot washes, so whites come out WHITE

4-no pole for washing to get tangled round

5-clothes do not get ruined

6-quieter

7-has loads more cycles

Advantages to a top loader:

1-less back ache
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

So glad I bought new front loader before coming over (had to as old one didn't want to come and had hissy fit all over the floor) mine is digital and tells me how long the wash is gonna take and how long still to go.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:16 am
High in the Dandenongs

Hey Gill, did you hear my massive whoop of delight?? The clothes were fluff free, yipeeeeee

I have been watching this next load intently (sad, but nevertheless, true) and what is amazing is the amount of dirt coming out of the machine. (the pipe isn't hard wired yet due to the impending move of the laundry room) Its thick grey gunge, which surely must beg the question..........
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Hey Gill, did you hear my massive whoop of delight?? The clothes were fluff free, yipeeeeee

I have been watching this next load intently (sad, but nevertheless, true) and what is amazing is the amount of dirt coming out of the machine. (the pipe isn't hard wired yet due to the impending move of the laundry room) Its thick grey gunge, which surely must beg the question..........
Congratulations!! I'm sooooo jealous!! Still got the rental top loader at the mo. We bought a tv last month so next thing on my list to save up for is a new front loader washing machine.....

Can I bring my washing to yours???

Ruth
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Pootle
Congratulations!! I'm sooooo jealous!! Still got the rental top loader at the mo. We bought a tv last month so next thing on my list to save up for is a new front loader washing machine.....

Can I bring my washing to yours???

Ruth
Yeah if we can watch your telly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.