Reload this Page >

No more mother-in-law!

No more mother-in-law!

Old Jan 12th 2003, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

jerome.pearce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No more mother-in-law!

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Am I the only person who thinks that a major advantage of going to live down antipodean way is not seeing the mother-in-law again too often?! OK, I lie, maybe THE major advantage. OK, I exaggerate to make my point, maybe the number 2 advantage? (Yes she is here right now...and yes, she is as usual bloo*y irritating!

Cheers to all except the m-i-l, Don
Actually, one of my reasons was to get away from my mother, though my wife wanted to get away from her mother-in-law. Yes we are united on this one, but I refuse to go into it!

I have discovered that 11,000 miles may not be enough, though.....

Jerome
Old Jan 13th 2003, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold
Default in laws

perhaps this is the nasty side of me coming out ,but i cant wait to tell the out laws we are going and taking their precious granddaughters with us.They cant stand me,and i just want to see that self satisfied smug smile wiped off their face.Not that im bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
donna
Old Jan 13th 2003, 3:51 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Hope that the saying that if you look at the mother in law,you see what yer bird will end up like.Can't wait till Mrs B loses her teeth.Mind you,she'll also have to shrink 6 inches and put on 11 stone too!

Told her xmas day not to think of our move as losing a grandson,she'll be losing a daughter too!

BB-mother in law,schmother in law
Old Jan 13th 2003, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

jerome.pearce is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by baldbutts
Told her xmas day not to think of our move as losing a grandson,she'll be losing a daughter too!
Sweet!
Old Jan 14th 2003, 1:44 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Am I the only person who thinks that a major advantage of going to live down antipodean way is not seeing the mother-in-law again too often?! OK, I lie, maybe THE major advantage. OK, I exaggerate to make my point, maybe the number 2 advantage? (Yes she is here right now...and yes, she is as usual bloo*y irritating!

Ha ha, you may think you'll be rid of her ,but she will be come out and visit you, mother-in-laws are like this... you can run but can't hide!! I had mine out in Singapore for 3 weeks... I nearly murdered her! My partner has now invited her to come out and stay with us this June/July... I'm seriously thinking of taking a holiday myself when she gets here,take off and stay with friends in Singapore for the duration of her stay. I've told "hubby" this, he dosen't believe I'll do it.. I'm not joking "hubby"!!

I get on great with mine when there's thousands of miles between us.

cheers
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

funny how once you emigrate, the mothers and mothers in law look a whole lot better. Especally when the kids are sick and there is nobody to babysit them, when work calls and no granny to help out. No mum to call over in the middle of the night when they are puking an screaming, no granny on birthdays. Family days at school when all the aussie kids bring Granny and yours dont even know who theirs is anymore...... I reckon its very sad, especially as most grannys cant take the 24 hour flight healhwise, If youve got kids, appreciate every second you have even if she looks like an old trout now I bet you'll miss her like hell.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point

Australia is a great place to run to-no one will find u-ronald biggs was here because no one bothers to find out who u REALLY ARE.......or even cares.
Mother -In-Law will find u there is no escape-actually I want my MIL to come to england to stay-I'm I mad!!!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:44 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point

Dotty,

In a way, I guess we're lucky in that regard. Our kids (aged 4 & 1) were both born in Germany, whilst the family were all back in the UK. So we've never had that reliance on family for babysitting/sickness/advice. Of course, they used to come and visit us in Germany, but it wasn't like the kids saw their grandparents every weekend. Hence moving to Australia, wasn't such a tough decision as for most, with regards to taking the kids away from the rest of their family.

The only family member who won't visit us is the MIL, and she doesn't babysit the kids when she does see them. She just sits and knits all the time. The other grandparents, who really get involved with the kids, will all visit in the near future.

Cheers,
Paul.

Originally posted by dotty
funny how once you emigrate, the mothers and mothers in law look a whole lot better. Especally when the kids are sick and there is nobody to babysit them, when work calls and no granny to help out. No mum to call over in the middle of the night when they are puking an screaming, no granny on birthdays. Family days at school when all the aussie kids bring Granny and yours dont even know who theirs is anymore...... I reckon its very sad, especially as most grannys cant take the 24 hour flight healhwise, If youve got kids, appreciate every second you have even if she looks like an old trout now I bet you'll miss her like hell.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Sorry Dotty, I will never in a million years miss my MIL.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pread
Dotty,

In a way, I guess we're lucky in that regard. Our kids (aged 4 & 1) were both born in Germany, whilst the family were all back in the UK. So we've never had that reliance on family for babysitting/sickness/advice. Of course, they used to come and visit us in Germany, but it wasn't like the kids saw their grandparents every weekend. Hence moving to Australia, wasn't such a tough decision as for most, with regards to taking the kids away from the rest of their family.

The only family member who won't visit us is the MIL, and she doesn't babysit the kids when she does see them. She just sits and knits all the time. The other grandparents, who really get involved with the kids, will all visit in the near future.

Cheers,
Paul.
cant wait to see how they will change once there in high school-something to look forward to....wheer abouts in melbourne?
Old Jan 17th 2003, 3:34 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point

Glen Waverley.

Cheers,
Paul.

Originally posted by Twofingersalute
cant wait to see how they will change once there in high school-something to look forward to....wheer abouts in melbourne?
Old Jan 18th 2003, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

sorry Dotty,but i dont quite know that concept of granny helping out!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2003, 10:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Spare a thought for those of us who are emigrating to marry Aussies - we are actually moving CLOSER to the Mother-in-Law! Help!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:14 pm
Hippy chick

Elspeth is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with pollyanna - my husband is an aussie - now i live 2km from my M-I-L..... and thousands from my mum.... wahhhhhh
Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Elspeth
I agree with pollyanna - my husband is an aussie - now i live 2km from my M-I-L..... and thousands from my mum.... wahhhhhh
How do you get on with your MIL Elspeth??? You may be one of the lucky few

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.