British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   No more Australian Visas? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/no-more-australian-visas-106559/)

leeta Feb 5th 2002 1:02 pm

There seem to be a few messages on here from people who have been told by their DIMA's that there are no visas left for the July 01- June 02 quota for skilled migration.

Has anyone (esp migration agents) got any information on this - has anyone been told this to be the case from the Adelaide Processing Centre itself?

Does anyone know?
They surely cannot have met their quota already since - it is only half way through the year !

heading downunder 2002 Feb 5th 2002 3:13 pm

"They surely cannot have met their quota already since - it is only half way through the year ! "

Exactly Leeta, but something is definately going on, I just wish they would share it with us then at least we would know what to expect and WHEN!!!

Susan

Chris000 Feb 5th 2002 5:36 pm

From DIMA London,

Processing only IT and Nurses, waiting time going up to 20 months, spoke to them yesterday.

Sorry,

Chris.

Leeann Feb 5th 2002 7:04 pm

Any idea if this includes Spouse visa's, are they on hold also? Jase + Leeann

Chris000 Feb 5th 2002 7:18 pm

Sorry not too sure about spouses visa's, I would have thought they are still being dealt with in the normal way.

Leeann Feb 6th 2002 10:31 am

Thanks Chris,
Like so many of you out there, its the frustration of not hearing anything and not knowing what exactly is happening. Hopefully someone will hear something soon. Jase + Leeann

nixstuff Feb 6th 2002 10:56 am

You're KIDDING me right ? 20 months !!! We've had our app in 13 months already...I hope they're only quoting that for new apps.

We're also caught in the IT trap - I'm a web and multimedia developer WITH MY OWN COMPANY, but a business degree. So my nominated occupation is a trade. Back of the queue then.

All good things come to those who wait..

Claire Feb 6th 2002 12:01 pm

Hi

OZ: Chris is right, London HC are now quoting 20 months from the date of application for none IT/Nurses applications.

We have had our app in 15 months but each time we think we are nearly there the goal post move again!

Claire

nixstuff Feb 6th 2002 12:13 pm

Nightmare.

Well, not really, but it's been a LONG wait and I don't want to wait much longer...car and bike insurance are up, road tax etc. etc. The longer we wait the more it costs.

If I could pass ANY advice to anyone else doing this, it's get the app in AND FORGET IT. Or do a degree in IT in the meantime..

Thing is, for us and no doubt many others, the IT initiative happened AFTER we'd applied. Still, it is their prerogative, guess we'll just wait.

Back to long hours of dreaming...