Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No License ID Card

No License ID Card

Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No License ID Card

In my country we have separate cards for IDs and Driving License.

I understand that in OZ, same card is used for both purposes, but, what happen If you dont have a Driving License.

I will not have a car or a license in the first few months, but are not very keen of carrying my passport everywhere?

Is any other form of ID that can be used?

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Enrique.-
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:33 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: No License ID Card

Originally posted by evila
In my country we have separate cards for IDs and Driving License.

I understand that in OZ, same card is used for both purposes, but, what happen If you dont have a Driving License.

I will not have a car or a license in the first few months, but are not very keen of carrying my passport everywhere?

Is any other form of ID that can be used?

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Enrique.-
It's called an over 18 card. It basically acts as an ID card, the same as a driving licence does. I had one for years (still got mine in a purse, although I don't use it anymore) when I was non PR ( ie I was driving on my brit licence, didn't have a Qld licence, but needed ID for certain things .. so I went and got myself an over 18 card)
All you need is your passport, and proof that you residing in your state - ie a utility bill with your name on it etc, and they'll issue you with one on the spot.
You get them from the same place as the driving licence - transport offices.

Cheers
Old Mar 25th 2004, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No License ID Card

Hi Ceri...

Thank you very much for your help...

Originally posted by Ceri
It's called an over 18 card. It basically acts as an ID card, the same as a driving licence does. I had one for years (still got mine in a purse, although I don't use it anymore) when I was non PR ( ie I was driving on my brit licence, didn't have a Qld licence, but needed ID for certain things .. so I went and got myself an over 18 card)
All you need is your passport, and proof that you residing in your state - ie a utility bill with your name on it etc, and they'll issue you with one on the spot.
You get them from the same place as the driving licence - transport offices.

Cheers