Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No jobs here so I am going home.....

No jobs here so I am going home.....

Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No jobs here so I am going home.....

Originally Posted by alexleeson
I am terrified of spiders in general.. even the little ones, in fact anything with more than six legs, so to be confronted with a huge one in my first month was freaky. I once decided to give the garage a clean with a broom only to find a redback on the broom handle - unfortunately I had the house keys with me and was so terrified I threw the broom and keys into the garage and got the heck out of there - locking the door behind me!!! I had to wait about two hours for my wife to get home to get in the house - she had a good laugh though.

After nearly 25 years, Scouse is still terrified of a lot of our wildlife. A roo hopped across our path one day, I didn't bat an eyelid but when I turned to comment to him, he was running full pelt back to the car
Old Sep 5th 2014, 6:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

After nearly 25 years, Scouse is still terrified of a lot of our wildlife. A roo hopped across our path one day, I didn't bat an eyelid but when I turned to comment to him, he was running full pelt back to the car

We had a huntsman in our laundry / toilet not long after arriving. Made me nervous as wasn't sure of what to do, but a friend came to the rescue with the best advice - ignore it
Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles

We had a huntsman in our laundry / toilet not long after arriving. Made me nervous as wasn't sure of what to do, but a friend came to the rescue with the best advice - ignore it
If people aren't used to spiders, I can really understand them freaking out at first sight of a huntsman, they're not exactly little spiders! Good advice from your friend, Sparkles, they like to make a little corner their home and don't bother anyone. Except for flies, and that's a good thing!

I used to camp out in the bush and in the dunes up Lancelin way a lot, but there is no way I can persuade Scouse to take it up. I suppose I should have edited my camping stories, to omit the tiger snakes, bull ants, roos, emus and swarms of bees, but I didn't realise he was such a coward until the damage had been done
Old Sep 6th 2014, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

Silly scousers eh!
Fortunately, Kangaroos don't have that affect on me, but I would make an exception for big spiders.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 1:54 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck to you!