Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No Going Back Australia

No Going Back Australia

Old Jan 25th 2004, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Piscinas is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink No Going Back Australia

Thanks for all your comments regarding the No Going Back Australia!

Yes we are still in Brisbane and loving it!

After the program went out I was in Melbourne for a week back for day and then England for 3 weeks...doing the Clothes Show at the NECin England! It was great fun but very Cold. I was looking forward to coming home to Australia! We then had a break on Moreton Island for a week... and then last week a Girlies Fishing Competition.

The Program did make Peter look dizzy but I can assure you he isn't infact he is one of the hardest workers I have ever met! but like any TV progam they want to get the viewing figures up!

It has been the most stressful year ever for all of us but also the Best Year ever.

We are on Target to make the 200,000 if we keep up the hard work and will put in for our visa the end of this year. You are not allowed to put in for the visa until you have been in business for 2 years. (We registered the Fishing business in Nov 02)

The kids Love it here, I have never seen them so happy.

Just wanted to put a few things straight from some of the emails Posted in Nov after the show

Peters wrist is fused! cannot be moved...and was a year after is accident... from a fall in a fire whilst trying to look for persons reported.
We have had a pension come in since we have been here
We have not made double on the Land.....We have not even started to build! do not always believe what TV programs show!
We have borrowed on the land...and have to build with one year which is due April....need to start earning.
The boat was a massive expense and in hindsight we should of only spent half the money...but at the same time we have 10 corporate days booked for next month and we could not do this on a rust bucket!!

Not sure if there is anything else to clear u from all your questions ??? but Thanks again for your time and for any one coming here....Good on ya! good luck...I still pinch myself every day....

Been on the beach at Caloundra today with the Kids while Peter is in a Marlin Comp...Lifes to short........follow your dreams

Regards

Shirley, Pete and kids in Oz
Old Jan 25th 2004, 10:50 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No Going Back Australia

Originally posted by Piscinas

After the program went out I was in Melbourne for a week back for day and then England for 3 weeks...doing the Clothes Show at the NECin England! It was great fun but very Cold. I was looking forward to coming home to Australia! We then had a break on Moreton Island for a week... and then last week a Girlies Fishing Competition.

The Program did make Peter look dizzy but I can assure you he isn't infact he is one of the hardest workers I have ever met! but like any TV progam they want to get the viewing figures up!

It has been the most stressful year ever for all of us but also the Best Year ever.

We are on Target to make the 200,000 if we keep up the hard work and will put in for our visa the end of this year. You are not allowed to put in for the visa until you have been in business for 2 years. (We registered the Fishing business in Nov 02)

The kids Love it here, I have never seen them so happy.

Just wanted to put a few things straight from some of the emails Posted in Nov after the show

Peters wrist is fused! cannot be moved...and was a year after is accident... from a fall in a fire whilst trying to look for persons reported.
We have had a pension come in since we have been here
We have not made double on the Land.....We have not even started to build! do not always believe what TV programs show!
We have borrowed on the land...and have to build with one year which is due April....need to start earning.
The boat was a massive expense and in hindsight we should of only spent half the money...but at the same time we have 10 corporate days booked for next month and we could not do this on a rust bucket!!

Not sure if there is anything else to clear u from all your questions ??? but Thanks again for your time and for any one coming here....Good on ya! good luck...I still pinch myself every day....

Been on the beach at Caloundra today with the Kids while Peter is in a Marlin Comp...Lifes to short........follow your dreams

Regards

Great to hear you are all doing well.

TV companies have a lot to answer to don't they.

Its nice to hear both sides of the story, You only have the TV Companies portratal of you to go by.

Do you regret allowing yourselves to be filmed?

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers.
Old Jan 25th 2004, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Great to hear you are all doing well.

TV companies have a lot to answer to don't they.

Its nice to hear both sides of the story, You only have the TV Companies portratal of you to go by.

Do you regret allowing yourselves to be filmed?

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers.
Hi

No do not regret the TV filming after 5,000+ hits on both websites and received over 800 of wonderful emails!

Which I am still replying to!

Good luck in Adelaide

Shirley
Old Jan 25th 2004, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default medical

sent you a private message. wondered if you could help

Andy
Old Jan 25th 2004, 11:05 am
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Piscinas

I must admit i did sense impending doom at the beginnig of the show but nothing ventured nothing gained i say and I admired your courage to carry on. Behind every good man is a woman with bigger balls.
Goodluck
Old Jan 25th 2004, 11:19 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

I can' t remember all the details of the programme, but what I do remember was that you (& your family) were there to give it a good go on suceeding.

I did think that when he (Pete) was looking at the boat it was a tad on the expensive side. As part of a diving club with its own boat (not as big as yours!) I know of some of the problems boat ownership can bring, but Petes side kick was a good find in that respect.
Within the programme it did start to show that you were getting customers that your competitors could not cater for, and continue to do so.

Are you going to reach your target for the visa with the fishing side alone, or is your hair extension business helping? how is that business going?

(BTW, NGB seem to choose and portray people better than A new life down under)
Old Jan 25th 2004, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done to you both for giving it your all!
I don't think I would have the balls to go over and have my visa dependant on setting up a business. Especially one your not experienced in (ie the fishing charter).
Liked the house you rented next to the river. Gave us a notion to get a wee boat when we eventually arrive.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by walaj
I can' t remember all the details of the programme, but what I do remember was that you (& your family) were there to give it a good go on suceeding.

I did think that when he (Pete) was looking at the boat it was a tad on the expensive side. As part of a diving club with its own boat (not as big as yours!) I know of some of the problems boat ownership can bring, but Petes side kick was a good find in that respect.
Within the programme it did start to show that you were getting customers that your competitors could not cater for, and continue to do so.

Are you going to reach your target for the visa with the fishing side alone, or is your hair extension business helping? how is that business going?

(BTW, NGB seem to choose and portray people better than A new life down under)
Hi

Yes we are on target.... we are running two businesses and will put in for our Visa fingers crossed for the end of Nov (You are not allowed to put in for the visa until the business has been going for 2 years!) Hopefully Jan 2005 will be a good Year for us to celebrate us staying!!!

We have a few other things up our sleeve that we are working on at the moment...top secret!

Take care

Shirley in Oz
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Barbara 2003
Well done to you both for giving it your all!
I don't think I would have the balls to go over and have my visa dependant on setting up a business. Especially one your not experienced in (ie the fishing charter).
Liked the house you rented next to the river. Gave us a notion to get a wee boat when we eventually arrive.
Hi

Thanks for your comments......it was/is hard but it makes up for it when we have just donr a Marlin Comp this weekend and came 3rd out of 28 boats...cant wait for the next one in 2 weeks... the aim is work hard...play hard!

Regards

Shirley in Oz
Old Jan 27th 2004, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Shirley,

After watching your programme it confirmed my opinion that behind every successful man is a Woman !....working just has hard and good luck to you all.

We will be out there in 4 weeks time.

Take care

Carrianne x