Wikiposts

No Going Back

Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:25 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Going Back

I agree with all the above about the lack of focus on the agonising application process and the struggling to settle in rather than just a 4 week window when you parachute the participants in.

But I would also like to see more focus on people who are organised, looking for employment (rather than starting a business) and not a couple who are on the verge of splitting up etc. It might not be as exciting but it will give a much more balanced view of migrants go through I feel.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
i agree sam,

ive got the outbound dvd, its great it shows just how frustrating it all is. i havent got to do the skills assessment, but im also in a position whereby i cant get wheels properly in motion until i pass my conversion. only 4wks to go.
once that is here, im sure i will be grey!
it would be nice to see real people who have actually thought about what they are doing and why and how. alot of these documentaries show people who appear to have spun the bottle and not researched anything.
they make it look simple and dont show half the emotions you feel in one hour let alone during the process.
maybe we should hire our own tv company for us lot on the forum

Trish
xx
Trish where did you get the outbound DVD from? I know we've already been to oz (and back again) but it would be interesting to watch? The prob with TV shows like No Going Back, is they don't show the application stages! The waiting, waiting and more waiting, selling of the house, leaving work, all the insecurities etc etc What they do show is, hurrah....visa granted, leaving party, on the plane and start a new life!!! It needs to be more real than that otherwise it gives people false hope. X
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:55 pm
Professional Princess

I got my DVD's from 'Outbound Publishing' 'Australian News'.

Have watched them over and over again. Cant help it.

Its true though, although I watch the 'No Going Back', the Outbound DVD's are much better,

I still maintain that whilst the struggle begins when you arrive and settle in, alot can be said for the initial process of skills assessment.

How it takes over your whole life, how you hang on to everything Australian.

You go through the whole process in your head to try and imagine how it will be. I have even gone imagined going through airport security, leaving my family behind and made myself cry.

The whole picture should be shown if you want to get it balanced.

Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:14 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

We certainly fulfil the criteria of the show 'new business' etc, but there is no way on earth I'd ever participate - whole process is bad enough without having a TV crew filming your every ****-up.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 11:35 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by surfdude
Why not make 2 x 30 - part 1 the process (all applicants will experience different hurdles/obstacles) and part 2 the actual move ? I think you should follow up on the migrants about a year after, people want to know how it has worked out.

Best wishes,
SD.
Now that would be a programme I would REALLY be interested in!!
Old Feb 14th 2005, 11:51 pm
Professional Princess

I think that filming us lot crying over our skills assessment forms, cursing the TRA and doing our daily entries onto Expats, would make great viewing

Not to mention the alcohol fuelled parties to help us over our 'trauma'.

Come on Channel 4, you have everything you need here on Expats.

You have a rich mix of characters, comediens, drama queens plus the odd troll thrown in for good measure.

And most people come onto this forum because they are planning their migration or helping others settle in.

You have everything you need Channel 4, you just have to look for it.

Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Trish where did you get the outbound DVD from? I know we've already been to oz (and back again) but it would be interesting to watch? The prob with TV shows like No Going Back, is they don't show the application stages! The waiting, waiting and more waiting, selling of the house, leaving work, all the insecurities etc etc What they do show is, hurrah....visa granted, leaving party, on the plane and start a new life!!! It needs to be more real than that otherwise it gives people false hope. X
hi mate,

www.outboundpublishing.com they have quite a few things you can order and watch, youve seen it and done it though! The dvd is about 6hrs long but is excellent and compulsive viewing
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:23 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi mate,

www.outboundpublishing.com they have quite a few things you can order and watch, youve seen it and done it though! The dvd is about 6hrs long but is excellent and compulsive viewing
Just thought I'd say hello Trish..............HELLO !

xx
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:25 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

xx
Shouldn't you be asleep young lady.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

xx

hello you
hope youre ok
will def chat soon.

trish
xx
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
Shouldn't you be asleep young lady.
I should
Computer has glued itself to my lap

Shouldn't you be working?

Cas x
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:31 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I should
Computer has glued itself to my lap

Shouldn't you be working?

Cas x

Your right, I should be. As its the bosses computer I'm on I better move. Cya at next meet up.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
Your right, I should be. As its the bosses computer I'm on I better move. Cya at next meet up.
Will do Bordy, if not before - Carl is here no lter than 13 days time

Trish, give me a call when you not busy/knackered - leave message if out and i'll call you back xx
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Will do Bordy, if not before - Carl is here no lter than 13 days time

Trish, give me a call when you not busy/knackered - leave message if out and i'll call you back xx
will do mate, take care
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:53 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

and how much would you be willing to pay a family to follow them on the hardest journey and time of there life.we have just come back from our visa trip and i am ready to go (wifes 95% ready) but the stress just getting this far is unreal..........how big is your cheque book

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.