Wikiposts

No Going Back

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hello, 2 virgin british expat users here. Just browsing having watcher last nights No Going Back. Used to live in Brisbane and have aussie passport, but waiting on boyfriend's visa through OE Visas. (He's an aircraft engineer if anyone has any info of jobs etc!) Anyway, friends of ours live in Redcliffe and it is an older area, with a general over 55s community, but it's a lovely wee town. From what I saw last night on the show, Shirley and hubby bought a plot in Scarborough next to Redcliffe, very nice and very expensive!! If anyone is in that neck of the woods, they should visit Morgans fishmongers/restaurant for the best fresh prawns and seafood!! Totally recommen it.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Going Back

Originally posted by moneypen20
Are that family on No going back tonight ever on this forum?
This there website and it looks pretty up to date, on the show the update was from May 2004 so think they must have the boat still.
The people off "No going back"

IMHO Redcliffe looked nice but think they needed to maybe try Sanctuary Cove on the Gold Coast,beautiful place but probably too expensive. :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:22 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by logan
Hello, 2 virgin british expat users here. Just browsing having watcher last nights No Going Back. Used to live in Brisbane and have aussie passport, but waiting on boyfriend's visa through OE Visas. (He's an aircraft engineer if anyone has any info of jobs etc!) Anyway, friends of ours live in Redcliffe and it is an older area, with a general over 55s community, but it's a lovely wee town. From what I saw last night on the show, Shirley and hubby bought a plot in Scarborough next to Redcliffe, very nice and very expensive!! If anyone is in that neck of the woods, they should visit Morgans fishmongers/restaurant for the best fresh prawns and seafood!! Totally recommen it.
Yup, morgans is fabulous!!!!! and I'm not sure why there are people moaning about Redcliffe & Scarborough!

Both are great places to be unless you are a townie I guess

Paul J
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Amazulu
Trust me it's not. There are lots of nice areas in SE Qld, but this isn't one of them.
Have to agree here - the local nickname for Redcliffe is "deadcliffe" (most of its occupants are OAPs) and the area its near (Deception Bay) is known locally as "depression bay"...

Amazing how TV programmes can make somewhere so grotty look so lovely isn't it??? - There's an ad. on our local TV station at the moment (South Coast) for a housing development in Eastbourne which looks like something on the Gold Coast canal estates (minus the sharks) but I'd sure as hell never move to Eastbourne....
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Smidgemum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi...

Anyone know if this prog is being repeated ? I missed it and ever since my hubbie got offered his 2 yr secondment to Sydney a few weeks ago, I have been trying without any success to find some programmes on Australia....best I've done is watch that Cold Feet episode where they all end up in Sydney for Pete's wedding - which makes it look amazing!!

If there's anything else Oz related coming up, let me know! Anything would do...oh yeah, I did also watch the Crocodile Hunter with my 5 yr old as well (but he still wants to go).

Cheers!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:59 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

[
If there's anything else Oz related coming up, let me know! Anything would do...oh yeah, I did also watch the Crocodile Hunter with my 5 yr old as well (but he still wants to go).

Cheers! [/QUOTE]

I'm sure they said No Going back is on again next week. Ch 4 8pm

Not sure where though