Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No Foxtel in the whole of Australia right now

No Foxtel in the whole of Australia right now

Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Foxtel in the whole of Australia right now

So we're not alone... I thought we had a power cut last night and sent JTL downstairs to reset the cable box. Foxtel was on and off for a bit and then it was just gone.
Poor Coffee Bean's stuck with the Roly Mo DVD today instead of her usual Disney Playhouse channel...

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:14 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnyj
I really have never seen the reason to have foxtel, is it really the end of the world? I didn't come all this way to watch telly all the time and the kids are doing quite well without it. Most of my friends have it and are talking of having it taken off as they are constantly playing repeats.
We are used to watching what some of you call "American rubbish" like CSI etc, so am quite happy with normal telly. Now the summer is here we won't be watching much anyway.
Sorry if I have upset everyone, but not being a slave to the tv was just one of aims when we got here.
I never watched Corrie or Emmerdale in England, so don't feel the need to watch it here.
Most brits make getting foxtel one of the first things on their list to get installed here.
This is not a dig at anyone, just can't see the point.

Julie
good job we are all different, life would be very dull wouldn't it.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Must admint, we lived without it for 6 months in our rental & first thing we did when we bought our house was get Foxtel. However, we're still watching all the programmes we did on "normal" tv & I'm thinking of sacking foxtel, as we're not getting our moneys worth.
Kids tending to watch DVDs more now, only when its too hot for the pool

Last edited by woogle; Nov 30th 2006 at 10:53 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:43 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Have you watched the one in Brazil where the cops take the young lad around the back of a car and slot him.

"Just doing my job luv".
Saw that last night

In fact, I remember seeing the original footage on the news or some current affairs program back in the UK a few years back.

Still, not a lot of differece between that and the SAS on Gibraltar executing those IRA. Or the coppers shooting that Brazillian illegal immigrant, De Menizez on the tube.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:46 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I really have never seen the reason to have foxtel
Because 10, 7 and 9 are so shite!

I'm a telly addict, there's always something worth watching on Foxtel.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
I thought I'd failed to pay my subscription so rang up and they bloke at Foxtel told me there was no Foxtel in the whole of the country

There is a god after all.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:49 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by iPom
There is a god after all.

Someone's at foxtel HQ will be looking for another job in the New Year.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:07 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

thank christ! We thought it was our box! It keeps turning itslef on & off, then when it decides to work the reception keeps cutting out.

We couldnt get thru to Foxtel either so this explains why!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

From The Age:

Thousands of subscribers to pay-TV network Foxtel had their services frozen on Friday morning due to a technical glitch.
From 6am (AEDT), some digital set-top boxes on cable and satellite services across the country were fixed on to one channel.

Foxtel spokeswoman Rebecca Melkman said its satellite service had been restored by 9am but technicians were still working to fix the cable service.

Ms Melkman said she did not know how many subscribers were affected or what caused the programming glitch.

More than one million people subscribe to Foxtel's digital pay-TV service.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

our Foxtel has collapsed several times in the last 2 months ( and box is only 6 months old), so I thought it was that. Glad to know it is not just us being unlucky!

I was going to phone hubby and ask how to reset but instead I decided to go to work without a dose of Corrie.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:46 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Pomster
our Foxtel has collapsed several times in the last 2 months ( and box is only 6 months old), so I thought it was that. Glad to know it is not just us being unlucky!

I was going to phone hubby and ask how to reset but instead I decided to go to work without a dose of Corrie.
How sad are we "jonesing" for Foxtel in the morning before work?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

but Corrie is so good at the moment- Kay-eeeee (Katy without the 't") has just died, and things are hotting up. I have to get my daily fix- even Mr P (who hates it) knows how critical it is to a harmonious household.... something those people at Foxtel will need to be advised of!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:20 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
How sad are we "jonesing" for Foxtel in the morning before work?

Well I didn't like to say anything... but remember, the people in England are reading...
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:28 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by iPom
Well I didn't like to say anything... but remember, the people in England are reading...
Crazy, I usually watch Sky News from the UK when I could be having a refreshing dip in my sparkling blue pool.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:49 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Premiership Football (and maybe the A-League). Nothing else though.

I really have never seen the reason to have foxtel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.