British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   No Foxtel in the whole of Australia right now (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/no-foxtel-whole-australia-right-now-411080/)

renth Nov 30th 2006 8:14 pm

No Foxtel in the whole of Australia right now

I'm having to watch "Ross Kemp on gangs" on my DVD player with my breakfast.

Jaycee1 Nov 30th 2006 8:22 pm

Re: No Foxtel in the whole of Australia right now

Originally Posted by renth

It's o.k, I'm still in England :D
Don't fancy Kerri-Ann then first thing??
She would turn my milk sour :rolleyes:
J x

Pollyana Nov 30th 2006 8:33 pm

Well its on here, theres some rubbish crashing away in the background.... :rolleyes:

woogle Nov 30th 2006 8:38 pm

Whats going on ? I know I can't change channels, had to put dvd on for the kids, thought it was just me?

renth Nov 30th 2006 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by woogle
Whats going on ? I know I can't change channels, had to put dvd on for the kids, thought it was just me?

I thought I'd failed to pay my subscription so rang up and they bloke at Foxtel told me there was no Foxtel in the whole of the country :eek:

Suni&Jay Nov 30th 2006 8:41 pm

I thought I'd failed to pay my subscription so rang up and they bloke at Foxtel told me there was no Foxtel in the whole of the country :eek:

Thank god we have Austar :p :D

woogle Nov 30th 2006 8:42 pm

So I don't have to hide from OH when he come in from work ? Was going to blame the kids anyway :D

moneypenny20 Nov 30th 2006 8:43 pm

Can it happen to Austar as well please - I will shoot the tv if I have to hear "it's so Raven" one more time :rolleyes:

Pollyana Nov 30th 2006 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by woogle
So I don't have to hide from OH when he come in from work ? Was going to blame the kids anyway :D

Judging by the language on the other side of the room its just crashed in Brisbane! :eek:

Suni&Jay Nov 30th 2006 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Can it happen to Austar as well please - I will shoot the tv if I have to hear "it's so Raven" one more time :rolleyes:

NOOOOO! I know what you mean, my son has it on all the time

Pollyana Nov 30th 2006 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Judging by the language on the other side of the room its just crashed in Brisbane! :eek:

MASH at breakfast time is one thing, but come back Foxtel purlease....I can't cope with him watching The Wiggles! :scared:

ozzieeagle Nov 30th 2006 8:59 pm

Just checked, and it's half working.... By that I mean no listings, but able to change channels via using the channel up /down button.

rossifumi Nov 30th 2006 9:11 pm

Have you watched the one in Brazil where the cops take the young lad around the back of a car and slot him.

"Just doing my job luv". :eek:

northernbird Nov 30th 2006 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20

I have banned that show in my house. Hannah Montana is the fave of the moment although a not too shabby Billy Ray Cyrus is in it :D so I kind of watch it out of the corner of my eye while loading the dishwasher :D

sunnyj Nov 30th 2006 10:08 pm

I really have never seen the reason to have foxtel, is it really the end of the world? I didn't come all this way to watch telly all the time and the kids are doing quite well without it. Most of my friends have it and are talking of having it taken off as they are constantly playing repeats.
We are used to watching what some of you call "American rubbish" like CSI etc, so am quite happy with normal telly. Now the summer is here we won't be watching much anyway.
Sorry if I have upset everyone, but not being a slave to the tv was just one of aims when we got here.
I never watched Corrie or Emmerdale in England, so don't feel the need to watch it here.
Most brits make getting foxtel one of the first things on their list to get installed here.
This is not a dig at anyone, just can't see the point.

Julie