no claims bonus

Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice
Default no claims bonus

Hi

Can you use your car insurance, no claims bonus in Oz, or do you have to start again?

Jane
Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: no claims bonus

been driving 11 years adn still not a 1 year no claims ! :-)

will have to live near train station !

I did read somewher on the web to take a letter from the insurance company with the no claims details on so you get discount
Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lee/jane
Hi

Can you use your car insurance, no claims bonus in Oz, or do you have to start again?

Jane
Vicky is right - take evidenceof no claims to Oz and you will be able to use it - I was able to get full NCD on my Oz car ins. Also do your Oz test as soon as you can as that will help reduce your car ins too
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:59 pm
WBB

Originally posted by vickymills
been driving 11 years adn still not a 1 year no claims ! :-)

will have to live near train station !

I did read somewher on the web to take a letter from the insurance company with the no claims details on so you get discount

cheers, something else to ad to the list.

Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:02 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by welshboybilly
cheers, something else to ad to the list.
We're just trying to keep you so busy that you don't have time to worry, Billy!

I didn't have any letter from my UK insurer. I got my fully comp through NRMA, and just put down who my previous insurers were. Got my full NCD.

BTW - there is NO 3PF&T here - just the Compulsory 3rd Party, (greenslip) which covers OTHER people / property. If you only have a greenslip, and your car is stolen or torched, tough. Get fully comp, then you're covered for all of it.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't need a letter as such - I just faxed a copy of my prev insurance policy which showed my NCD - but they did insisit I provide this (i.e. Oz insurance company weren't prepared to do the leg work themselves!)