Wikiposts

No. ack. letter

Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

shakiman is on a distinguished road
Unhappy No. ack. letter

Hello..!!

Any body applied in dec-04 and got ack letter. I applied in dec-04 and ASPC charge my credit card on 23-dec-04 and after that there is a complete silence from DIMIA , no ack. letter, no email, no response at all.

Should i call or send an email....any comments ...

shakiman
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:46 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No. ack. letter

Originally Posted by shakiman
Hello..!!

Any body applied in dec-04 and got ack letter. I applied in dec-04 and ASPC charge my credit card on 23-dec-04 and after that there is a complete silence from DIMIA , no ack. letter, no email, no response at all.

shakiman
I got my ack email the day after DIMIA received it and my credit card was charged the following day. Not sure if that is typical, though.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

did u applied in Nov/Dec - 05..???
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:55 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

did u applied in Nov/Dec - 05..???
2 weeks ago
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:56 pm
the place to be

daveg is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its the new way since Jan 05 - very quick ack email with ref number, but still a wait for a case officer to be assigned.
Did the person above with the email ack get a 'case officer assigned' letter yet, and if so are these done by email or letter ?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 11:02 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by daveg
I think its the new way since Jan 05 - very quick ack email with ref number, but still a wait for a case officer to be assigned.
Did the person above with the email ack get a 'case officer assigned' letter yet, and if so are these done by email or letter ?
The ack letter said the CO was still to be assigned
Old Feb 15th 2005, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

70 views...no comments ... i beleive every body is getting ack. letter. Me is the only exception :scared:
Old Feb 15th 2005, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry. If your application was received just before xmas you can more or less discount the next week or 2 as holiday. Its taking approx 6-8 to process med requests and acknowledgements (post Jan 05) at the moment maybe even a little longer, I would leave it for at least another 4 weeks. You should receive it any day.

Cheers Jo
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

I sent my application off 21 Jan received acknowledgment yesterday (15/02)
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by isgraham
I sent my application off 21 Jan received acknowledgment yesterday (15/02)
Hi,
Agent sent off our application 1st Feb we got ack email on 4th Feb with case officers name and our file number,
Sonja
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:44 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

agents lodged application 24/12/04 and had acknowledgement and file number 26/01/2005, case officer not appointed at that time and no as yet. Sorry if you are waiting but looking through these threads there does seem to be a huge difference in the time it takes things to happen.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:44 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Application recieved ASPC 3rd feb 2005 - cc debited 3rd and e-mail sent 3rd detaling case number but no officer yet - it said we would be informed of that in the near future. the ref no was very helpful though as it allowed me to put it on my medicals/ x-rays (we frontloaded as i'm a nurse), so thanks to DIMIA for being so speedy

Lynn

p.s this does seem to be a new thing as another nurse 'ad4oz' never got anything, just had her cc debited but no e-mail until she e-mailed them. Her application was submitted mid December like you. I wouldn't worry if your cc has been debited - things will start moving soon.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
agents lodged application 24/12/04 and had acknowledgement and file number 26/01/2005, case officer not appointed at that time and no as yet. Sorry if you are waiting but looking through these threads there does seem to be a huge difference in the time it takes things to happen.
There are numerous threads on this over on the immigration forum. The short story is that post Jan 1, 2005 the ack protocol changed so that DIMIA send you an ack email immediately with your file reference number so that they can track further documentation you might send. No case officer is usually mentioned in the ack, and no request for Meds/PCC is part of it either.

As for Dec applicants, I think you have a couple more weeks to wait. I applied mid-November and the ack was dated mid-January, so about 8-10 weeks would be the norm right now. I haven't seen anyone who got the fast ack (post Jan 1) post anything regarding getting further info requested yet, so I expect that they are on the same schedule for Meds/PCC but only got the ack quickly.

Cheers,
Brian
Old Feb 15th 2005, 4:56 am
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: No. ack. letter

Hello..!!

shakiman
Hi Shakiman.

I was told that it all depends on your case worker. Some contact you with receipt acknowledgement, some don't.

We are using an agent and they said they didn't have anything. I emailed the Oz Govt. direct (http://www.immi.gov.au - under contacts) and I got a reply in about 3 days stating our application had been received and giving our reference number and current processing times.

Good luck!
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Hello..!!

shakiman
Glad to hear its not us , we applied Dec 04 and have heard nothing. Have been told that they are taking about 8 weeks. Nothing worse than the wait. Keep us informed.
Carole

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.