NNEB

Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default NNEB

Hi,

Does anyone know if the NNEB qualification is recognised over here?

Cheers
Mandy
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NNEB

It should be...im sure its the equivalant of the B-tec. There is another thread running called what is a nursery nurse in Australia...

Lots of info on there.

Nickie

Last edited by Nickie; Jan 24th 2008 at 9:29 pm. Reason: added a bit more info to the thread name.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
It should be...im sure its the equivalant of the B-tec. There is another thread running called what is a nursery nurse in Australia...

Lots of info on there.

Nickie
Thanx Nickie,

I'll have a look.

cheers
Mandy
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I am an NNEB and the answer is yes and no

You need to ask CACHE uk for a letter stating your qualification is equivalent to dip in childcare. when did you qualify? If it was before 89 then you need to bring it up to date, i.e one day courses in child protection, foundation stage, and special needs. (my boss sent me on these through my nursery )

You will also find it useful to get anothher copy of your NNEB cert and the syllabus from CACHE to send off to the OZ authority who will decree it's Oz equivalent.

I'LL PM you the address in UK for CACHE if you need it.

I was planning to move to OZ so went through all this then last year found we were moving to NZ instead and now find it's more difficult here because they want teachers with degrees in childcare!
Helen
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

If people are going to qld though there is a list of accepted qualifications that qld childcare already know and have checked are equivalents!

It's here:
http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/childcare/workingcc/

NNEB is under 2 yr overseas approved courses. I have spoken to childcare queensland communities who explained that if it is on there and you have your certificate and transcript you are fine. I believe the correct procedure is to then have it assessed by qld and become registered.
This is not a problem though if your qualification is on the list!!!

I passed my TRA last year as a Child Care coordinator and had to look deeply into this!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sammyg
If people are going to qld though there is a list of accepted qualifications that qld childcare already know and have checked are equivalents!

It's here:
http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/childcare/workingcc/

NNEB is under 2 yr overseas approved courses. I have spoken to childcare queensland communities who explained that if it is on there and you have your certificate and transcript you are fine. I believe the correct procedure is to then have it assessed by qld and become registered.
This is not a problem though if your qualification is on the list!!!

I passed my TRA last year as a Child Care coordinator and had to look deeply into this!!
Thanx for the info!!

I haddn't even looked at the NNEB as an option, we are over on a student visa ( hubbie back to college) and I'm looking to do some part time work. Only problem is, I never applied to get my certificate, so only have the modules list thing. Never looked into gettin the certificate as it was never asked for by Glasgow City Council.

Also, interestingly, on the student medicals thread, in immigration (soz dunno how to do the link if anyone was interested in a look!!) Becky came accross a path to get sponsored on completion of a cert 111 done over here condensed into a 1 year course. I just wondered if it was worth looking into getting sponsored with the NNEB?!!

Cheers
Mandy