Nissan X Trail

Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:54 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nissan X Trail

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
I surely have too much time on my hands......
Now I dont want to challenge your figures but....
If you drove this 4x4 Landie between 1999 and 2008 doing 30,000 miles
Making the assumption that 'proper-proper' off road driving you
would average around 5 mph, and you drove it five days a week every week for nine years.
(With 6 weeks off for holidays, Christmas and annual leave etc)
-You would have spent 6000 hours driving off-road in that time.
-Thats 666 hours per year
Nearly three hours solid 'off road' per day!
Tell me you're an "Essex farmer"!
HKA
x
PS Just a bit of fun!

Oooh Aaar Oooohhh Aaaaaarrr

i've just worked it out 30,000 miles in 10 years of off road driving = 57.7 miles a week, at 20mph, not 5 (it's a proper 4wd), only makes it at most 3hrs, more than enough time to run over a few ramblers and birdwatchers i'd say
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tictac
I'd be interested to know if anybody's been able to get a definitive answer on whether the X-Trail (T31/2008) has *proper* "recovery points"

I'm led to believe that unless you've got proper recovery points and a recovery kit (snatch strap) then nobody would be willing to help you if you got stuck in sand etc

That said, a mate of mine goes to Bribie Island all the time in his X-trail and reckons it's great on the sand - just need to let the tyres down a bit.
I'd say if it's fitted with a tow bar then fit a shackle attachment where the towball sits. That way you can be pulled out should the need arise (backwards of course!).

Economy wise - I get 8.5/9 l / 100km which isn't too bad.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
Oooh Aaar Oooohhh Aaaaaarrr

i've just worked it out 30,000 miles in 10 years of off road driving = 57.7 miles a week, at 20mph, not 5 (it's a proper 4wd), only makes it at most 3hrs, more than enough time to run over a few ramblers and birdwatchers i'd say
Oh, yeah you're right. To be sure of a clean kill then
Speeds need to kept above 20mph.
Just watched Top Gear on BBC iplayer and they were saying
That ramblers in the UK are trying to get it made
illegal to take any motor vehicle off the queens highways if
your main purpose is having 'fun'!
HKA
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:14 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Oh, yeah you're right. To be sure of a clean kill then
Speeds need to kept above 20mph.
Just watched Top Gear on BBC iplayer and they were saying
That ramblers in the UK are trying to get it made
illegal to take any motor vehicle off the queens highways if
your main purpose is having 'fun'!
HKA
But it's legal to drive on green roads. Loads of them in Devon if you have proper Ordanence Survey maps you just have to watch out for farmers trying to bloke them. You can also drive on some bridle ways if they are wide enough.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:17 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

[QUOTE=DimWit17;7224288]We bought a brand new 2007 model about exactly a year ago for $28k (got it cheap as they were clearing out the old model...). QUOTE]

We bought our 2008 model in July with tinted windows, mud flaps & towbar, for just under 28,000 on the road through A1 Car Brokers.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

abertawe is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, so here goes:

Firstly many thanks for all your comments, really useful.
We have gone slightly over the top with the various test drives. So in reverse order these are the ones we have tried.

6. Way out in last the Mitsubishi Outlander, it felt cheaply put together, it shook badly on the off road part of our test.
5. Over rated over priced the Honda CRV. Pleasant enough interior, although I didnt feel too comfortable and not great on stearring off road.
4. I was very suprised by the Rav4. It had a tinny feel and not a great interior. The off road was really great fun but it was awful going up steep hills.
3. Although WeLoveBonds will disagree with me on this one the VW Tiguan. I thought that this was an overly hard drive, very hard breaking and I absolutely hated the head rest. It did feel great inside, very safe.
2. Just a head of the VW the Nissan, I just loved the drive of this but that was it. It is a beast of a car and the boot/trunk is possibly to big. And there is something at the back of my mind that it is just not the one.
1. By a country mile and WeLoveBonds, didn't want to test drive this one, the best to date is the Subaru Forester. It feels like a car on the road, which some of the others didn't and was excellent off road (So good off road that Elliott slept through it). The only drawbacks for me was the interior which was a little noisy on the off road and Elliott's kiddy seat anchor points are on the ceiling. Beyond that it was great.

We will possibly test drive the Forester and a second choice again but it is looking like the Subaru Forester.

Oh and we may test the Renault Koleos.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:14 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Cool - that's a great list - are these new cars you are testing?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:32 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

If you go for the Forester, just take into consideration that they have to be serviced every 6 months....
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedreamz
If you go for the Forester, just take into consideration that they have to be serviced every 6 months....
Every 12.5K kms.

Bear in mind that they also have a much higher resale value than any of the others.

G