Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nipples like tent pegs.

Nipples like tent pegs.

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:21 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Nipples like tent pegs.

Well??

Is anyone else FREEZING??

I seem to be living in the thermal equivilent of a cardboard box, and its cold. Damn cold.

Anyone else experiencing this?

(oh.....and im still here by the way )
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:27 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Nipples like tent pegs.

Originally posted by PeteY
Well??

Is anyone else FREEZING??

I seem to be living in the thermal equivilent of a cardboard box, and its cold. Damn cold.

Anyone else experiencing this?
(oh.....and im still here by the way )
Well you are in SA ! thats next to the Antarctic isn't it ?

I agree though it did get cold for the last two days. I ended up wearing trousers and Shirt for 2 whole days !!

But i'm back in shorts today

For the benefit of those that don't know yet - This is a BIG, and very varied country

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:36 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Well you are in SA ! thats next to the Antarctic isn't it ?

I agree though it did get cold for the last two days. I ended up wearing trousers and Shirt for 2 whole days !!

But i'm back in shorts today

For the benefit of those that don't know yet - This is a BIG, and very varied country
Arhhhh. Shorts. I remember them. Those are the cut off trouser type things i last got to wear in January!!

Im rugged up here in jeans, t-shirt and a great big wooly.

Todays meant to hit 13.......so that probably means 15 indoors!!

Tis beautiful down this way at the moment though.
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:41 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi PeteY,

Good to hear from you - I was wondering what happened to you as I hadn't seen any posts from you for a while (or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough?)

Just for once it sounds like UK temperatures are slightly ahead of SA - can I gloat awhile when I next speak to my sister in Adelaide then?

Elaine M
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:47 am
A Male Member

Originally posted by Elaine M
Hi PeteY,

Good to hear from you - I was wondering what happened to you as I hadn't seen any posts from you for a while (or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough?)

Just for once it sounds like UK temperatures are slightly ahead of SA - can I gloat awhile when I next speak to my sister in Adelaide then?

Elaine M
According to my paper (The Border Watch...classy piece of lit), Adelaides going to get 16 today, and London is due for 20. Not sure about Ilkley, but you can't be too far off that.

Gloat away
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by PeteY
Arhhhh. Shorts. I remember them. Those are the cut off trouser type things i last got to wear in January!!

Im rugged up here in jeans, t-shirt and a great big wooly.

Todays meant to hit 13.......so that probably means 15 indoors!!

Tis beautiful down this way at the moment though.
Our weather is meant to hit 13 today aswell ...... oops, sorry, you meant the highest temp didn't you

Brisbane:
Wednesday H 25°C - L 13°C
Thursday H 24°C - L 15°C
http://weather.news.com.au/cap_index_frame_brisbane.htm

Adelaide
Wednesday H 16°C - L 9°C
Thursday H 16°C - L 9°C

The interesting thing with our weather, and house construction, is that it is normally colder inside.

On Monday, it was so cold inside the house, i had to have my breakfast OUTSIDE on the patio, where it was warmer

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

For those of you coming to Perth, it's supposed to reach 19 today. Had an overnight low of 1.2 last night - bloody freezing!!
Looks better over the next couple of days but rain on its way!

Thursday : Fine day. Overnight showers. Min: 6 Max: 21
Friday : Showery. Min: 12 Max: 21
Saturday : Showers. Min: 13 Max: 20

Don't throw out your woolly jumpers, bring the lot!

Loopy
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:30 am
ABCDiamond

Just to show that QLD is not all Sun and warmth:

from ABC news:
Monday, 3 May 2004

The cold snap is expected to continue across much of Queensland after Stanthorpe in the south-east recorded its lowest temperature for the year.

The mercury dropped to minus 0.6 degrees at Stanthorpe this morning.

The weather bureau's Geoff Doueal says it should not be as cold near the coast.

Stanthorpe is Near the NSW border, and inland.

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Loopy

Don't throw out your woolly jumpers, bring the lot!

Loopy
I made that mistake when we first moved out to Australia and set up in Canberra.

It got down to -6 at night there quite often, and the only warmth we had was one of those oil-filled electric heaters.

The joys of a hot country, sitting around indoors wearing multiple layers of clothing, jumpers, coats trying to remember the last time you were ever that cold in England!
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:13 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Trevglas
I made that mistake when we first moved out to Australia and set up in Canberra.

It got down to -6 at night there quite often, and the only warmth we had was one of those oil-filled electric heaters.

The joys of a hot country, sitting around indoors wearing multiple layers of clothing, jumpers, coats trying to remember the last time you were ever that cold in England!
Do you know you hit the nail on the head - I do freeze here in winter and constantly think I was never this bloody cold inside my home in the UK. We have no central heating and use a couple of oil filled electric heaters also but cannot have more than one on depending on the area of the house we are trying to warm as the electrical circuit trips out!

I bought my first pair of fleecy pjs last winter here and I am currently knitting a scarf for my daughter chuckling away to myself
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:19 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Like a british summer here in Christchurch NZ today it is glorious!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:20 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Ps I didnt mean the rainy part of the british summer by the way
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:21 am
sky
Banned

Might even get the barbie out
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:36 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Put a steak on for me, Sky, I am heading your way because it is grey and windy here!

Not cold though! I keep meeting Kiwi's going 'Brrr you know winter is here' and I am just in a fleece! I got my cold weather dog walking kit out to show a friend last week and she was amazed at the number of warm layers and asked how I possibly moved in it all!
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 3:47 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Most homes do not have any insulation. so any heat escapes through the roof, same as cold air from the aircon in the summer. They've recently changed the laws here In Qld . all new homes now built must be insulated to a point.

I built before the laws were changed, we keep meaning to get the loft insulated.. but haven't got round to it yet.

The nights are freezing in Brissie.. we did have 7c one night/very early morning.

I keep telling people to bring their jumpers, coats and quilts.. but I don't think some people believe me it gets cold in Brisbane during the nights... Days are another matter.. it's always quite pleasant and warm in the sunshine.. T shirt weather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.