Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nightmares before you go to OZ

Nightmares before you go to OZ

Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:43 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
You are right. There is something in cheese that makes you dream.

Also avoid MSG, note that tomato paste (i.e. your pizzas) are naturally high - I never sleep well after food containing MSG
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:45 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK

I've also been known to climb in to the wardrobe, but something usually falls on me or hits me before i try breaking the door down at the back of it. (doesn't everyone have doors in the back of their wardrobes?)

I think you may be trying to find your way back to Narnia

http://www.narnia.com/
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:03 pm
Badge

Default Re: Nightmares before you go to OZ

as we've said before, as long as I don't piss myself, I'm doing alright..

Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:16 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by bondipom
I sent Mrs BP your antics so she knows she is not the only sufferer of a sleep walking talking husband.

BTW to help prevent it I do not surf the web or watch TV for 30 mins before bed time. The more relaxed you are before bed the less likely the nocturnal disturbance.
what's worse for me is if i'm doing lots of overtime with late nights at work. I usually come home, gab some food and straight to bed, then spend all night running round the house while i sleep!

it's funny though, now i live alone i don't sleep walk half as much as i did when i was living with my ex... I just make sure all the keys to the doors are well hidden. lol.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:19 am
Just Joined

notts to perth is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't read too much into the dreams..last night Alex Ferguson told me he was having an affair with Wendy Craig from Butterflies.
Daft or what!!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:24 am
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by scutterUK

it's funny though, now i live alone i don't sleep walk half as much as i did when i was living with my ex... I just make sure all the keys to the doors are well hidden. lol.

What...stop her getting in?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

In the last few months leading up to our emigration and ever since, I've had problems sleeping as well as bad dreams, something that's never troubled me before (apart from the odd sleepwalking when I was a teenager).

I've had very vivid dreams, where I dream that the whole emigration thing never happened (that it was in fact one big dream ) and have woken up convinced that I will be in the bedroom of our old house in the UK, only to find myself even more confused when I discover I'm not.

A few times I have woken up after seeing a giant spider somewhere in the room :scared: or had to chuck the duvet off convinced it was in the bed :scared: :scared: The other night I needed to get up for the loo but couldn't get in the bathroom because a huge spider was in front of the door :scared: well I thought it was, the dream was so realistic.

A scientific question - what's the explanation for people suddenly jumping up/startling themselves just as they nod off? My hubby often does that, almost leaps off the bed, and it frightens the life out of me each time he does it!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:16 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Jacqui

A scientific question - what's the explanation for people suddenly jumping up/startling themselves just as they nod off? My hubby often does that, almost leaps off the bed, and it frightens the life out of me each time he does it!

It isn't anything to do with him feeling like he's falling is it? It happens to me quite a bit. Just as i'm nodding off i get the feeling i'd just fallen from a height. never that i'd fallen off something, just that i've fallen from a higher altitude . I don't jump out of bed though, just wake up suddenly with a gasp. its a weird feeling.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:18 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by jayr
What...stop her getting in?

nargh, i have land mines and anti-ex artillery around the perimeter for that!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Oh Jacqui i now dont sleep well at all , in the last house i didnt sleep for nights on end then would just crash out for 2 nights then again not sleep for 3 , felt terrible. Now im doing it again having a terrible time sleeping , have started sleep walking again find myself at the foot of the bed trying to get to the bathroom and its not there!!! Both hubby and i do the falling and jumping in our sleep , i actually wake myself up when i do it , and it took me so long to bloody nod off as well. Did think of sleeping tablets. And the spider thing god you should see the one we have on the kitchen window tonite its the size of a my hand :scared: i think its a huntsman its just sat there oh its horrible.
Joanne
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby was chatting with people at a bbq the other week when one of the woman started screaming, a huntsman had dropped off the patio ceiling onto another lady's back and it took a while for someone brave enough to knock it off her :scared:

I'm not usually on the internet this late at night, this is way past my bedtime (the Ozzies all go to bed so much earlier don't they?) but hubby is away on business so I know it will take even longer to get to sleep, so I might as well keep myself busy here, will have a Milo in a minute then go and read a book maybe. God only knows what I would do if there was a horrible spider in the house right now with him being away, it doesn't bear thinking about :scared: :scared: :scared: Having to take a puppy out into the garden to do his business in the dark last thing at night is a bit scarey too, wish hubby would fix up some more outside lights.

Another thing that keeps both of us awake here, the thunderstorms in winter. We've never heard thunderstorms that are so loud, lightning so bright you can see the room light up with your eyes closed tight, rain so heavy it's deafening, gale-force winds so strong you pray your roof will hold out! Many hours of sleep have been lost waiting for the storm to pass over. And often it blows the electricity, so you end up over-sleeping because you're so tired, and the alarm clock doesn't go off because there's no power! And we were trying to escape the British weather!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Jacqui leave the spiders if i was you if you get one or put a jar over it or in the case of a huntsman a tub yes the thunder storms are something else arent they , we have had the windows vibrating from the thunder and the lighting is just spectacular thankgod the kids dont mind the storms. I have to say i dont like the wind that scares me and i really do think the roof will go one day , god no wonder we arent sleeping
Joanne