Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nightmares before you go to OZ

Nightmares before you go to OZ

Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:24 pm
  #16  
WBB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Originally posted by Pollster
I talk in my sleep most nights and just this morning Hubby asked me who weshboybilly, bondipom and the little Dagboys were!!!


that has got me slightly worried, time to beef up my security i think.

 
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:35 pm
  #17  
BE Forum Addict
 
tinaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast- the best place in the world
Posts: 3,196
tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default

Now I am worrying becauser I haven't had any nightmares - maybe this is abnormal!! After the stress of last week I am sleeping like a baby again.

Try Herbal Nytol it does the trick and is great on the plane as well!!
tinaj is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:58 pm
  #18  
life begins again...
 
scutterUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: doncaster..then scunny... now canberra.
Posts: 1,790
scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default

hmm sounds like this is turning in to a right confession session. *stands up and announces to the room* I also talk in my sleep and sleep walk. i've also got this thing where i move objects round in the house. It usually coincides with hot weather and stress.... looks like i'll be locking my bedroom door when i get to auz summers then!

a few of my best are turning the mattress over, with my girlfriend still in it, (she wasn't impressed) and putting the microwave in the bathroom, aparently it works better there..so i said.

I've also been known to climb in to the wardrobe, but something usually falls on me or hits me before i try breaking the door down at the back of it. (doesn't everyone have doors in the back of their wardrobes?)

I know where i get it from, my mum is the same. Years ago, when i was living at home, my dad was working abroad in saudi and i was woken up in the middle of the night by my mum screaming my name! As I jumped out of bed in a flap, i shouted out "WHAT'S WRONG! WHAT IS IT!" (or something like that). The reply comes back! "THERE'S A SNAKE AT THE END OF THE BED!!!" ......silence.

Well i got back in to bed and after a few hours my heart rate had slowed down to a point where i could fall asleep! She can't remember seeing a snake, dreaming about a snake or even shouting in the middle of the night! But it scared the crap out of me!

*sits back down*

it's good to get it off your chest.

scutterUK is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:02 pm
  #19  
Kiwified member
 
Pollster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: New Plymouth, NZ
Posts: 1,647
Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default

Originally posted by welshboybilly
that has got me slightly worried, time to beef up my security i think.

be afraid, be very afraid!:scared:
Pollster is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:01 pm
  #20  
WBB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Originally posted by Pollster
be afraid, be very afraid!:scared:

you got me nervous now, i may have to go tactical and move into the shadows.

 
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:58 pm
  #21  
 
tiredwithtwins's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,147
tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally posted by scutterUK
hmm sounds like this is turning in to a right confession session. *stands up and announces to the room* I also talk in my sleep and sleep walk. i've also got this thing where i move objects round in the house. It usually coincides with hot weather and stress.... looks like i'll be locking my bedroom door when i get to auz summers then!

a few of my best are turning the mattress over, with my girlfriend still in it, (she wasn't impressed) and putting the microwave in the bathroom, aparently it works better there..so i said.

I've also been known to climb in to the wardrobe, but something usually falls on me or hits me before i try breaking the door down at the back of it. (doesn't everyone have doors in the back of their wardrobes?)

I know where i get it from, my mum is the same. Years ago, when i was living at home, my dad was working abroad in saudi and i was woken up in the middle of the night by my mum screaming my name! As I jumped out of bed in a flap, i shouted out "WHAT'S WRONG! WHAT IS IT!" (or something like that). The reply comes back! "THERE'S A SNAKE AT THE END OF THE BED!!!" ......silence.

Well i got back in to bed and after a few hours my heart rate had slowed down to a point where i could fall asleep! She can't remember seeing a snake, dreaming about a snake or even shouting in the middle of the night! But it scared the crap out of me!

*sits back down*

it's good to get it off your chest.


hmmmm.....have we met??? thought you looked familiar..........

sue
tiredwithtwins is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:00 pm
  #22  
 
tiredwithtwins's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,147
tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default

teehee, only kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once went out with a vet who used to dream he was giving cows their vaccs!! that was a lot of fun I can tell you......!!

sue
tiredwithtwins is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:05 pm
  #23  
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 11,149
bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Waking up in a cupboard is quite disturbing. The embarrassing one fir me was waking up in the corridor of the backpacker I was staying in without the keys. Thanks god I wore my boxers to bed!! Eventually I woke someone up in the dorm and tried to explain but he was not impressed.
bondipom is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:49 pm
  #24  
life begins again...
 
scutterUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: doncaster..then scunny... now canberra.
Posts: 1,790
scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default

Originally posted by bondipom
Waking up in a cupboard is quite disturbing. The embarrassing one fir me was waking up in the corridor of the backpacker I was staying in without the keys. Thanks god I wore my boxers to bed!! Eventually I woke someone up in the dorm and tried to explain but he was not impressed.

lol, nice one BP! i haven't done that one, well not yet. It could have been a lot worse.....
scutterUK is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:51 pm
  #25  
life begins again...
 
scutterUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: doncaster..then scunny... now canberra.
Posts: 1,790
scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hmmmm.....have we met??? thought you looked familiar..........

sue

trust me,... if you saw me walking round in the middle of the night you'd remember!! lol
scutterUK is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:59 pm
  #26  
 
tiredwithtwins's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,147
tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally posted by scutterUK
trust me,... if you saw me walking round in the middle of the night you'd remember!! lol



:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
tiredwithtwins is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:09 pm
  #27  
life begins again...
 
scutterUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: doncaster..then scunny... now canberra.
Posts: 1,790
scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

scutterUK is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:13 pm
  #28  
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 11,149
bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Originally posted by scutterUK
lol, nice one BP! i haven't done that one, well not yet. It could have been a lot worse.....
I sent Mrs BP your antics so she knows she is not the only sufferer of a sleep walking talking husband.

BTW to help prevent it I do not surf the web or watch TV for 30 mins before bed time. The more relaxed you are before bed the less likely the nocturnal disturbance.
bondipom is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:15 pm
  #29  
 
tiredwithtwins's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,147
tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally posted by bondipom
I sent Mrs BP your antics so she knows she is not the only sufferer of a sleep walking talking husband.

BTW to help prevent it I do not surf the web or watch TV for 30 mins before bed time. The more relaxed you are before bed the less likely the nocturnal disturbance.

LOL!!
I always find avoiding cheese helps!! went through a phase of having cheese on toast for supper - god I slept awfully!!!

sue
tiredwithtwins is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:20 pm
  #30  
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 11,149
bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
LOL!!
I always find avoiding cheese helps!! went through a phase of having cheese on toast for supper - god I slept awfully!!!

sue
You are right. There is something in cheese that makes you dream.
bondipom is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.