Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Night In With The TRA And a Cup of Tea!

A Night In With The TRA And a Cup of Tea!

Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:21 pm
Professional Princess

Default A Night In With The TRA And a Cup of Tea!

I know its stupid, but I feel quite chuffed with myself.

have been struggling with TRA employer statements for 10 months, you know how it is, finding time, gathering evidence etc.

Hubby has been ill with flu for a couple of weeks, working 6/7 day week, Ive been working, blah blah blah.

Anyway, was off today and managed to do about 5 hours of TRA.
Dear God, I am doing this to perfection.

In my case, its husband the chef and Sam the writer/typist.

So Im doing each employer statement to the best that I can.

And after 5 hours, I promised myself I could come on here to chill out (strange way of chilling)

Doesnt it feel good when you get it done?

Still, bit more to go. I shall be offereing to bed Old TRA man at this rate!

As they say, little steps to a big achievement.

Old Jan 25th 2005, 12:59 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: A Night In With The TRA And a Cup of Tea!

You go girl! Feel chuffed for yerself, you deserve it.
Now get back to work on the next statement - no slacking off on here you hear!
I would have thought it would be easy for a girl with your literary prowess. Just think of it like one of your tales...
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

you do feel chuffed when you get a bit done, we to were doing our tra last night until we couldn't keep our eyes open, hope it doesn't take us 10 months, we want it sent off by the end of next month at the latest
shell
Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:08 pm
Professional Princess

Thanks so much for your words of encouragements. Its a solitary process.

Today I started my TRA at 12noon and finished at 5.30pm.

I have a deal with myself. No Expats or TV until at least a couple of hours of TRA are done.

As I was off sick with asthma today, it was easier.

But i have just been offered a full time postition in my job where i am temping, so instead of a 4 day week, it will be a five day week.

But, I am sure if I plan my time, have early nights and even just do a couple of hours a night and even take some into work, I will get there.

And I have to get there because we have never wanted anything so much in our married life as we do this.

And what keeps me going is the thought of my husband and I, starting a new life in Australia, preferably Adelaide where I have some good friends, but I would give anywhere a fair go if we can only get in on a SIR visa.

When I get home from work tomorrow, I shall have my dinner and set up the computer and get my head down.

Tonight? Well, its a bottle of wine with hubby.

Alan, if you're reading this, we are getting there.

Sam (feeling very very proud of herself)

Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:13 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Professional Princess]Thanks so much for your words of encouragements. Its a solitary process.

Keep plugging away at it. Determination like that will get you far. Very very far if all goes according to plan!

Binbird
Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:21 pm
Professional Princess

[QUOTE=binbird]
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Thanks so much for your words of encouragements. Its a solitary process.

Keep plugging away at it. Determination like that will get you far. Very very far if all goes according to plan!

Binbird

Actually, getting motivated is the hardest part. You do anything other than what you are supposed to.

But it feels good when you make yourself stick to a plan and have your reward of fav. TV show/internet gossiping/magazine.

Yes, a much better approach.

Just hope I dont find it too hard tomorrow. It takes over an hour to get home on the bus and I always fall asleep and thats when its hard to do at night.

A few cans of Red Bull should keep me awake. At least sleeping on the bus and I get some sleep.

Shit its cold tonight. Wonder if it might snow.

Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi sam, good news about your job, keep plugging away at the tra thing its a nightmare isnt it,its definately the hardest part,have a good drink tonight and recharge your batteries

tracey,karma coming your way hun
Old Jan 26th 2005, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

i'm the opposite
i keep doing our tra application instead of doing the things i should be doing like an assignment that is due in in a week that i haven't started which isn't like me
shell