Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nice suburbs to live in Perth area?

Wikiposts

Nice suburbs to live in Perth area?

Old Aug 13th 2005, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Nice suburbs to live in Perth area?

Subiaco look great - close to CBD, Kings Park and 10 mins from Cottesloe (also great!) on the train.

And Fremantle would be worth checking out as well. Pretty chilled, great cafe culture, top markets....

SS
Old Aug 13th 2005, 4:30 am
Just Joined

blairie is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally i have lived in the northern suburbs (Kinross) and now stay in Leederville and I prefer Leederville(cafe strip,pubs and all that) but if you want a pool bigger house, more space then the northern or southern suburbs(rarely go south of the border my self ) are hard to beat.Unfortunately as it has been said the more desirable the area the higher the price but there is plenty of choice and at reasonable prices.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:13 am
Dee & Steve

Dee & Steve will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Hi,

Can anyone who already lives in Perth, tell me about some nice areas/suburbs and why they like where they live?

I know it depends on what you like, but it would be nice to get a picture of what it is like to live there,

Thanks

Tia
We bought in Innaloo, driving, it is about 10 mins from CBD, 5 mins from Scaroborough beach, 10 min walk to Karrinyup shopping centre ( which I've spent practically every day off in since moving!!), minutes from Innaloo westfield, which is undergoing massive renovations and has K-mart and Target, only minutes from Osborne Park and IKEA, all very handy when you move homes, there are lots of parks in the area, we live very near the Innaloo Sportsman club which has lawn bowls, ( well you never know), but it also has tennis courts, pool tables and darts, but its not exactly flash, and thats the only thing we are missing, a decent pub. Although Mt. Hawthorn has the paddington which is a good pub, and that is also only down the road from Innaloo, yet you will pay alot more here for property.There are lots and lots of houses been built here as well, it is near Stirling train station but I do have to get the bus there, but they are all timed to meet each other, Innaloo is also very close to Doubleview and Scarborough, so the areas are similar, although we were advised that Scarborough has a few hoons!! We absolutely love the area even though its not one that gets mentioned alot. www.realestate.com.au is also a great website for property as it gives you details on the area also, like how many parks/ schools etc. Hope this helps

Deirdre
Old Aug 14th 2005, 9:15 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dee & Steve
We bought in Innaloo, driving, it is about 10 mins from CBD, 5 mins from Scaroborough beach, 10 min walk to Karrinyup shopping centre ( which I've spent practically every day off in since moving!!), minutes from Innaloo westfield, which is undergoing massive renovations and has K-mart and Target, only minutes from Osborne Park and IKEA, all very handy when you move homes, there are lots of parks in the area, we live very near the Innaloo Sportsman club which has lawn bowls, ( well you never know), but it also has tennis courts, pool tables and darts, but its not exactly flash, and thats the only thing we are missing, a decent pub. Although Mt. Hawthorn has the paddington which is a good pub, and that is also only down the road from Innaloo, yet you will pay alot more here for property.There are lots and lots of houses been built here as well, it is near Stirling train station but I do have to get the bus there, but they are all timed to meet each other, Innaloo is also very close to Doubleview and Scarborough, so the areas are similar, although we were advised that Scarborough has a few hoons!! We absolutely love the area even though its not one that gets mentioned alot. www.realestate.com.au is also a great website for property as it gives you details on the area also, like how many parks/ schools etc. Hope this helps

Deirdre
Thanks Dierdre,
It sounds lovely where you live. Lots of good handy places to shop It's in a great position not too far from the beach, and my friend who lives in Connolly.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:17 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Taiwamutu

You asked about Clarkson, you can read about it here http://movetoperth.com/info/suburbs/.../clarkson.html this is written by someone who lives there, not someone who drives through occasionally, not someone who's heard about it from someone elses granny, but someone who lives there, whos kids go to schools there etc.... you get my drift!!

I hope it answers your questions.

Lynn

BTW my personal recommendation would be Butler
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:26 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
Hi Taiwamutu

You asked about Clarkson, you can read about it here http://movetoperth.com/info/suburbs/.../clarkson.html this is written by someone who lives there, not someone who drives through occasionally, not someone who's heard about it from someone elses granny, but someone who lives there, whos kids go to schools there etc.... you get my drift!!

I hope it answers your questions.

Lynn

BTW my personal recommendation would be Butler
Clarkson is rough, well maybe not if you're moving from the rougher parts of Manchester or Glasgow. If you'r idea of the Aussie dream is living next toor to dole bludgers and people doing burnouts in your street then Clarkson might be for you.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Oh here we go again!!! It was me who wrote that link and feel yet again I have to defend my home.

Clarkson has had a reputation but it actually dates back about 4 years if you want the correct information. Hoons do burnouts in every suburb which I'm sure most people will agree with. I wouldn't say there was a burnout problem here at all. Not many skidmarks on the roads.

My 2 kids go to school here so I know/know of a fair amount of aussie families and none of them are on the dole, oh sorry one is but he is disabled - is that another strike mark against Clarkson?? I am sick to death of pompus twits looking down their noses with their superior attitudes just because they live in cashed up suburbs.

We recently bought an investment in Butler, people ask why didn't you move there and rent out your Clarkson house? Because as much as we like Butler, we are happy here and don't want to change anything.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 6:03 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Aha, another multiple identity poster!
Old Aug 14th 2005, 7:53 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Aha, another multiple identity poster!

Actually Renth you are wrong! I know both of the above posters personally and they are indeed 2 entirely different women! One lives in Butler and the other in Clarkson (and I live in Ellenbrook for that matter!) They are both nice people and are just expressing their opinions of the areas in which they live.

Tracey
Old Aug 14th 2005, 7:59 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by tracey brien
Actually Renth you are wrong! I know both of the above posters personally and they are indeed 2 entirely different women! One lives in Butler and the other in Clarkson (and I live in Ellenbrook for that matter!) They are both nice people and are just expressing their opinions of the areas in which they live.

Tracey
So what's with the "It was me who wrote that link" bit?

Look, I'm sure they're really nice, I just love winding people up about Clarkson.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:09 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Renth,
Diane did write the link on Clarkson for movetoperth, so that it gives an impression of what it is like to live there, from someone who lives there!
Is it really fair to wind people up about the place that they call home? I know people want to know the good and bad about areas in which they hope to settle and you are entitled to your opinion, but to be fair Diane actually lives in Clarkson and doesn't expereince any problems, can you really comment when you don't live there?

Tracey
Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:17 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by tracey brien
can you really comment when you don't live there?
Yes.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:24 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Don't start arguing guys. I was looking forward to this being an informative post. Pleeeeease
Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:27 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Renth, didn`t you have some probs down your way a few months back?
Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:29 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Renth, didn`t you have some probs down your way a few months back?

Correct, neighbours attacked with iron bars, one stabbed $20,000 worth of damage to their cars. Very unpleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.