Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nice suburbs with affordable housing

Nice suburbs with affordable housing

Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

clairegarymc will become famous soon enoughclairegarymc will become famous soon enough
Question Nice suburbs with affordable housing

Hi

We are planning a trip to Australia next year before deciding to apply for PR.

Ive never been before so havent got a clue where I would like to live but we are thinking of visiting Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Perth.

We are going to try and visit as many surrounding places as poss tho and wondered if people could tell me some nice suburbs with affordable housing, nice nearby beaches and good schools that we can maybe check out while we are there.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nice suburbs with affordable housing

I lived in Adelaide for 31 years and absolutely loved it . Then I met OH and I moved to Perth just over 4 years ago. I had to go for an MRI scan last Friday so for the first time I visited Joondalup...and really loved it . They have everything they need up there and I was very impressed by the whole setup.
Some people may wonder why I went to Joondalup for my MRI scan, it's because they 'bulk bill' there (don't have to pay )
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:57 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hello,

I grew up in Adelaides northern suburbs but wouldn't move there now (personal choice so sorry if I offend anyone who lives there!) I've also lived in Brisbane and Cairns.

I think Brisbane is the nicest as so much to do and pretty central to both North and South of the east coast (which I like, as so many lovely places to see)

Affordable housing wise, I do believe it's cheaper in Adelaide!

Never been to Perth so I don't have a clue but heard it's nice but can also be pricey.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairegarymc
Hi

Ive never been before so havent got a clue where I would like to live but we are thinking of visiting Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Perth.

We are going to try and visit as many surrounding places as poss tho and wondered if people could tell me some nice suburbs with affordable housing, nice nearby beaches and good schools that we can maybe check out while we are there.

Thanks in advance
Welcome to BE.............. see that's your very first post.

What $s are we talking that makes a place affordable? Work out a price range then we can point you in the right direction re good affordable housing in good areas.............. and close to good schools (ie in Perth)
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

we too are looking for housing to buy within 2hr radius of perth, anyone got ideas, 4bed 2bath with an annex attached for my 21yr old if possible, any info welcomed
annkc
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:07 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by clairegarymc
Hi

Thanks in advance
there are so many factors and so many suburbs it's an almost impossible task to advise someone where to go
you're better off narrowing down a list yourselves and then asking for opinions form people that live in the area

this isn't much, but wikipedia has brief descriptions of many Australian suburbs
follow the link from here and see how you go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...s_in_Australia
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Thanks for that link, just what i needed to have as it has way more info than the books i've got
annkc
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:00 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by annkc
Thanks for that link, just what i needed to have as it has way more info than the books i've got
annkc
no worries, i've used it from time to time it's better than nothing
we really should work on the BE wiki... there's a bit but could be better
i can't talk though, i've done nowt
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:03 am
Just Joined

clairegarymc will become famous soon enoughclairegarymc will become famous soon enough

Hi

Its difficult to say a price range because I dont know how much we will be earning until we get jobs so I dont know how much we could get a mortgage for.

If we decided to emigrate we will rent for a while first. Its just so hard deciding where to head for!

Fav places from what ive read are Brisbane, Gold Coast or Adelaide. We would like to be quite near a nice beach and schools etc but dont know anything about the suburbs.