Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nice places to live in Sydney that don't cost the earth?

Nice places to live in Sydney that don't cost the earth?

Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

chelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to all
Default Nice places to live in Sydney that don't cost the earth?

Hi Guys,

We have two weeks booked in a hotel when we get to Sydney in January - which I am hoping is going to give us enough time to find somewhere to rent

Can anyone recommend places in sydney that are easy to commute from, has lots of nice area's to walk a dog?

We have been looking at manley which seem's really nice but if anyone else has any suggestions?

We need a house for teh dog that has a garden so they may or may not limit where to look?

Ta chelly

O my god not long to go now
Old Nov 27th 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nice places to live in Sydney that don't cost the earth?

hi i live in gladesville (inner west), its just over the anzac bridge which is next to darling harbour and is 15 mins by car, 25 max by bus and they run every 10 mins.

We have loads of parks, loads and loads of resturants and bars, pubs etc.

I live in brand new 2 bed apartments (obviously not going to suit your needs, just trying to give price guide) security building, alarm etc, resturants below us, supermarket, pub literally acrosss road and i pay $475 per week and have been told by some people in the area its cheap and others its expensive, but at the moment i love it,my daughter starts school in feb and that is also across the road and is a great school who people fight to there kids into..lol

All the surrounding suburbs good too, balmain, leichart, hunterd hill, five dock. all very green with parks.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:22 pm
Banned

Comauver will become famous soon enoughComauver will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chelly77
Hi Guys,

We have two weeks booked in a hotel when we get to Sydney in January - which I am hoping is going to give us enough time to find somewhere to rent

Can anyone recommend places in sydney that are easy to commute from, has lots of nice area's to walk a dog?

We have been looking at manley which seem's really nice but if anyone else has any suggestions?

We need a house for teh dog that has a garden so they may or may not limit where to look?

Ta chelly

O my god not long to go now
When I lived in Sydney, Manley was too expensive so I went slightly north to Dee Why, lots of open spaces, about 45 mins bus ride to Sydney City Centre.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 11:23 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi chelly, if you use the search function you should be able to find tons of info on Sydney suburbs.

Where will you work? If it's the main CBD, and you want to use public transport, try to be near a train line.

Some landlords don't allow pets, which may limit your choices. Offer to pay a pet bond, have any carpets cleaned when you leave, etc., if that helps.

As from Jan we will pay $640 a week for our tiny 2-bed, 1-bath cottage; it's a great location but I don't think the house is worth that much. (We're just biding our time until our PR comes through, then we will start to look to buy.)