Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nice Doctor for medicals in SE England?

Nice Doctor for medicals in SE England?

Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:36 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice Doctor for medicals in SE England?

Hi,

I'm planning to book medicals soon and would like some suggestions.

Can anyone recommend a nice Doctor (v scared of needles, don't want to take my clothes off etc!) somewhere in the south?

Thank you for any suggestions .
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice Doctor for medicals in SE England?

Originally Posted by ws99
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a nice Doctor (v scared of needles, don't want to take my clothes off etc!) somewhere in the south?

Depends were you are in the SE, we used a really good Doctor in Upminster, Essex and he was pretty cheap according to what I have read on here.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:41 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! Am near London but quite happy to travel a reasonable distance.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

We saw a nice doc in Maidenhead. No getting away from the blood test but he was nice bloke who got the kids involved in the procedure and we all kept our clothes on
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby was terified of blood test part - so much so that the doc took pity on him and did the dna swab from his mouth. Cost about 10 pounds more - but it was worth it. Ask the doc before if they will provide this.

Sarah
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:22 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

We went to the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead, nice Dr (did forget to sign one of the forms but they did their best to sort it out) and can get xrays & med at same time.

Supposed to be a good one near Heathrow as well - depends which side of London you are.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
We went to the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead, nice Dr (did forget to sign one of the forms but they did their best to sort it out) and can get xrays & med at same time.

Supposed to be a good one near Heathrow as well - depends which side of London you are.
iF YOU NEAR BRIGHTON, THE STEINE IN BRIGHTON IS SUPPOSED 2 BE GOOD. FRIENDS HAD HEIR MEDS DONE THERE, AND WE ARE BOOKED THERE TOO!?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

we used a drs in St Albans, Herts
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:13 pm
WS

Thanks everybody.

Does anyone remember the name of the Doctor in Maidenhead? I see there are 3 listed?

Bexie - good luck with your meds, maybe you could let me know if they are really nice?

sasbear - where did you get yours done?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:59 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Try Dr Clarke at Queensway Med Centre, Southend. Lovely chap, very friendly and brilliant with the children.

ACE
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:09 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=ws99]Thanks everybody.

Does anyone remember the name of the Doctor in Maidenhead? I see there are 3 listed?

QUOTE]
we went to the Bridge Clinic and saw Dr Wheeler. The clinic is nice, lovely place. They have another Dr that does a different day.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:50 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

we used Dr Goodhall in Southampton, he was very good with children and I think he was from perth or went to med school their.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Hi

We've just had our medicals at a centre in Croydon and they we're great very painless and examination didn't take long and wasn't as bad as I thought.

We're off to Canada, but met 5 other people waiting to do theirs for OZ.

Elli
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Should really start a new thread for this, but who actually are the Docs who do the medicals?. Are they regular GP's ?, Could it be my own Dr? Please tell...............
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:53 pm
WS

Tofster,

Here's the list of Doctors in the UK who can do medicals:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.