nice curries

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default nice curries

Hi the last few days i have heard people complain bout the curry houses, why dont u make ya own, anyone interested i have some nice recipes , justy ask and i will tell. jan hutchyxxx
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Well come on then..............share them with us!!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:16 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nice curries

Originally posted by hutchy
Hi the last few days i have heard people complain bout the curry houses, why dont u make ya own, anyone interested i have some nice recipes , justy ask and i will tell. jan hutchyxxx

Come on Hutchy lets have one of these recipes anything along the lines of a Korma or Madras???

Lisa xx
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:27 pm

aidbish is an unknown quantity at this point

yes - please share them with us
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default re/ here goes on curries

ok first of all , i use pataks curry paste always, they have every flavour u want, i normally go for the milder ones but u can experiment and add whatever u want...i normally do a mild chicken, / coriander /cumin...but like i said whatever u like u just add the ingrediants, so i usually fry up whatever meat , once it is brown add the paste with a little water , when it is cooked transfer it into a bowl and fry up some peppers, mushrooms ,salt and pepper, garlic and whatever herbs go with that flavour, only for say 5 mins than add it all toghether in a huge pan and add a tin of tomatoes and simmer for about 40 mins. Once it is done u can serve it or freeze or re heat, along with rice and curried potatoes and nan bread is delicious. used this recipe for many yrs and everyone loves it..Hope u try it and enjoy it,, jan hutchyxx
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Default i forgot to add

sorry i forgot to say with most of the curries i make i usually add a tub of fresh cream at the last ten m inutes of cooking and with korma and madras u can add yoghurt/natural which sometimes have to be marinated but the instructions on the jar will tell you this...if u decide to freeze it only ever add the cream when u defrost it and cook it again...otherwise it may curdle..jan hutchyxx
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:43 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i forgot to add

sorry i forgot to say with most of the curries i make i usually add a tub of fresh cream at the last ten m inutes of cooking and with korma and madras u can add yoghurt/natural which sometimes have to be marinated but the instructions on the jar will tell you this...if u decide to freeze it only ever add the cream when u defrost it and cook it again...otherwise it may curdle..jan hutchyxx

Thanks Jan

Off to Tesco now for the paste, let you know how it turns out.

Lisa xx
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: re/ here goes on curries

ok first of all , i use pataks curry paste always, they have every flavour u want, i normally go for the milder ones but u can experiment and add whatever u want...i normally do a mild chicken, / coriander /cumin...but like i said whatever u like u just add the ingrediants, so i usually fry up whatever meat , once it is brown add the paste with a little water , when it is cooked transfer it into a bowl and fry up some peppers, mushrooms ,salt and pepper, garlic and whatever herbs go with that flavour, only for say 5 mins than add it all toghether in a huge pan and add a tin of tomatoes and simmer for about 40 mins. Once it is done u can serve it or freeze or re heat, along with rice and curried potatoes and nan bread is delicious. used this recipe for many yrs and everyone loves it..Hope u try it and enjoy it,, jan hutchyxx

sound lovely jubberly
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Default forgot to add

hiya hope it goes well, but forgot to add the onions most important flavour of all, let me know how it was , it really is gorgeuos and everyone who i have had for dinner has asked me for the recipe....jan hutchy also have some other nice recipes for garlic dips etx.....