Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which are nice areas to live on Gold Coast???

Which are nice areas to live on Gold Coast???

Old Jul 20th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default Which are nice areas to live on Gold Coast???

Hi
just doing lots of research.

Anyone living on the GC, could you point me in direction of nice suburbs there please. Have been looking at Pacific Pines but not alot of good comments about there!!!

We are family of 5. I have 3 girls aged 14, 12 and 3. Looking for schools, colleges, somewhere near beaches etc.

Any info would be great
Old Jul 20th 2011, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which are nice areas to live on Gold Coast???

Try looking at Mudgeeraba
Old Jul 20th 2011, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Which are nice areas to live on Gold Coast???

Hi

Have a look at Helensvale, Oxenford and Monterey Keys a lot of my friends live on Pac Pines, they all like it.

Paula
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Thanks guys.

From doing lots of research, pacific pines looks a nice area.

How about coomera and upper coomera??? Any opinions on these places???
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:20 am
Banned

johngibbon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Take a look at Pacific Pines, Oxenford and Helensvale - great places! Also, Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Robina perhaps?
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Think of the slightly dodgy areas in your home town that you would not live in by choice and a few of them are being mentioned here.

For example, single mother, pram, Centrelink, mortgage stress etc etc and Pacific Pines go hand in hand.

Souless cheaply built estates full of rentals with the above issues think Coomera.

Last edited by neil248; Jul 20th 2011 at 12:26 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

Burleigh is lovely. I don't live there (well it's been over 15 yrs), but have good friends who do. Their kids go to Marymount College and they are very happy there.
Places like Coomera are not near beaches.
Good luck!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Then somebody mentions Burleigh and you think yes thats good

Not without it's little issues but would make a move to the Gold Coast pretty worthwhile.

Last edited by neil248; Jul 20th 2011 at 12:32 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:39 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi
just doing lots of research.

Anyone living on the GC, could you point me in direction of nice suburbs there please. Have been looking at Pacific Pines but not alot of good comments about there!!!

We are family of 5. I have 3 girls aged 14, 12 and 3. Looking for schools, colleges, somewhere near beaches etc.

Any info would be great
in my opinion living near the beach on the GC is overated unless your loaded and can afford to do it properly, think 4, 5 million plus

as virtually all of the GC is within twenty minutes by car from the sea whats the point - again dissmiss if you can afford

as youve indicated that your looking for a "good" school for the kids why not start there, alot of the state schools are excellent but have strict catchment areas so you may have to live close to the school of your choice for a while in order to forefill that requirement,

having been around the local schools our personal preference was to get our daughter into varsity college
http://varsitycollege.eq.edu.au/wcmss/
there are lots of good schools in the GC this was just our choice, but they do have a very strict catchment area policy so we rented a house in varsity lakes for seven months in order to achieve this ( you have to have lived within the catchment area for a minimum of six months in order to keep your kids there, should you move out of the catchment area ) we used this time to look around, buy and renovate a place on the tallai / worongary border which is a little further out but suits us ( 15 minutes by car ) our daughter stayed on at varsity and completed years 10 to 12 and has since gone on to further education at griffith uni

where would i personnaly recommend to live? pretty much anywhere on the left hand side of the M1 ( looking at a map with North as the top ) from currumbin waters up to highland park, this a huge area and in my opinion has some of the better suburbs,
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=gol...ius=11.29&z=12
but then again thats just my opinion

hope this helps

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Jul 20th 2011 at 7:41 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 9:26 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Take your body armor with you to stay on GC as another person was shot dead there two days ago
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...top-story.html
Old Jul 20th 2011, 10:13 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevski
Take your body armor with you to stay on GC as another person was shot dead there two days ago
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...top-story.html
of course theres no crime whatsover in any other place in the world
do you work for today tonight?
Old Jul 20th 2011, 10:17 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steve`o
of course theres no crime whatsover in any other place in the world
do you work for today tonight?
No but i like people telling the truth, not bull crap around the truth
when i research a place i would and want to know "The Good" "The Bad" and "The Ugly" of that place so i can make my own choice, yes it could be the same in many other places but tell people the truth

Last edited by Trevski; Jul 20th 2011 at 10:44 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevski
No but i like people telling the truth, not bull crap around the truth
when i research a place i would and want to know "The Good" "The Bad" and "The Ugly" of that place so i can make my own choice, yes it could be the same in many other places but tell people the truth
As long as you're not a criminal you're pretty unlikely to get shot. Public fail to realise that the people who are involved in these incidents are grubs shooting other grubs for whatever reason

Gold coast is a fine place to live, and believe me i see the worst aspects of it day in day out working for the QPS - don't believe the hype hey

stu
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:40 pm
Living our life wherever

Originally Posted by sammyg
As long as you're not a criminal you're pretty unlikely to get shot. Public fail to realise that the people who are involved in these incidents are grubs shooting other grubs for whatever reason

Gold coast is a fine place to live, and believe me i see the worst aspects of it day in day out working for the QPS - don't believe the hype hey

stu
i understand what you are saying but what about those people who are not criminals who get caught up in the GC crime, what about the chap who was walking down surfers paradise mall with his family and was shot in the back by a person just shooting at any one he wanted to, i know the person shooting was ill but the chap who got shot walking down the shops has had his life changed because of some one else.
What about all the shop owners that have had their shops robbed with guns, that has changed their lives for good
i know it happens every where around the world but if people could find out every thing about a place they are looking at then they can decide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.