Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application.

NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application.

Old Dec 7th 2002, 7:56 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
scoobydooathome's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 503
scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application.

Could anyone please advise on the processing time for a SK47 visa application submitted from the U.K. with relevant Australian Nursing Council Verification, the required points have been achieved without the need of a job offer ect, so no communication with a perspective employer ect required.
scoobydooathome is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2002, 9:04 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
mashiraz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Derby
Posts: 1,656
mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application.

Nurses still being fast tracked AFAIA so might be lucky with 4-6 months as long as all other criteria okay (medicals/police checks). You might also want to get a state to sponsor your visa application (SNTI)

Good Luck
Mash..

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Could anyone please advise on the processing time for a SK47 visa application submitted from the U.K. with relevant Australian Nursing Council Verification, the required points have been achieved without the need of a job offer ect, so no communication with a perspective employer ect required.
mashiraz is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2002, 9:22 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
scoobydooathome's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 503
scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application.

Originally posted by mashiraz
Nurses still being fast tracked AFAIA so might be lucky with 4-6 months as long as all other criteria okay (medicals/police checks). You might also want to get a state to sponsor your visa application (SNTI)

Good Luck
Mash..
Thanks Mash,

The Police and Medicals will be OK, could you please tell me what you meant re the SNTI, I have registered with the State we are planning to go to if that's what you mean......

Cheers.
scoobydooathome is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2002, 9:29 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
mashiraz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Derby
Posts: 1,656
mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application.

Don't know much about it really - Do a search on www.immi.gov.au for SNTI. (State and Territory Nominated Independant)
Others will advise better, plenty of nurses will come on this forum (Friday and Saturdays are always quiet!)

Basically if you get sponsored by a state it speeds things us. They don't guarantee you a job though but nurses are definitely on the skills in demand list for South Australia and Victoria.

However 4-6 months is pretty quick anyway - not like me (and plenty of others) - 15 months and still another 4/5 to go....
Best of luck - keep up the research.
Mash..


Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Thanks Mash,

The Police and Medicals will be OK, could you please tell me what you meant re the SNTI, I have registered with the State we are planning to go to if that's what you mean......

Cheers.
mashiraz is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2002, 9:54 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
scoobydooathome's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 503
scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application.

Originally posted by mashiraz
Don't know much about it really - Do a search on www.immi.gov.au for SNTI. (State and Territory Nominated Independant)
Others will advise better, plenty of nurses will come on this forum (Friday and Saturdays are always quiet!)

Basically if you get sponsored by a state it speeds things us. They don't guarantee you a job though but nurses are definitely on the skills in demand list for South Australia and Victoria.

However 4-6 months is pretty quick anyway - not like me (and plenty of others) - 15 months and still another 4/5 to go....
Best of luck - keep up the research.
Mash..
Thanks Mash.
scoobydooathome is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.