British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/nhs-uk-nurse-practitioner-sk47-visa-application-120956/)

scoobydooathome Dec 7th 2002 7:56 pm

NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application.

Could anyone please advise on the processing time for a SK47 visa application submitted from the U.K. with relevant Australian Nursing Council Verification, the required points have been achieved without the need of a job offer ect, so no communication with a perspective employer ect required.

mashiraz Dec 7th 2002 9:04 pm

Re: NHS UK nurse practitioner SK47 visa application.

Nurses still being fast tracked AFAIA so might be lucky with 4-6 months as long as all other criteria okay (medicals/police checks). You might also want to get a state to sponsor your visa application (SNTI)

Good Luck
Mash..

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Could anyone please advise on the processing time for a SK47 visa application submitted from the U.K. with relevant Australian Nursing Council Verification, the required points have been achieved without the need of a job offer ect, so no communication with a perspective employer ect required.

scoobydooathome Dec 7th 2002 9:22 pm

Originally posted by mashiraz
Nurses still being fast tracked AFAIA so might be lucky with 4-6 months as long as all other criteria okay (medicals/police checks). You might also want to get a state to sponsor your visa application (SNTI)

Good Luck
Mash..

Thanks Mash,

The Police and Medicals will be OK, could you please tell me what you meant re the SNTI, I have registered with the State we are planning to go to if that's what you mean......

Cheers.

mashiraz Dec 7th 2002 9:29 pm

Don't know much about it really - Do a search on www.immi.gov.au for SNTI. (State and Territory Nominated Independant)
Others will advise better, plenty of nurses will come on this forum (Friday and Saturdays are always quiet!)

Basically if you get sponsored by a state it speeds things us. They don't guarantee you a job though but nurses are definitely on the skills in demand list for South Australia and Victoria.

However 4-6 months is pretty quick anyway - not like me (and plenty of others) - 15 months and still another 4/5 to go....
Best of luck - keep up the research.
Mash..

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Thanks Mash,

The Police and Medicals will be OK, could you please tell me what you meant re the SNTI, I have registered with the State we are planning to go to if that's what you mean......

Cheers.

scoobydooathome Dec 7th 2002 9:54 pm

Originally posted by mashiraz
Don't know much about it really - Do a search on www.immi.gov.au for SNTI. (State and Territory Nominated Independant)
Others will advise better, plenty of nurses will come on this forum (Friday and Saturdays are always quiet!)

Basically if you get sponsored by a state it speeds things us. They don't guarantee you a job though but nurses are definitely on the skills in demand list for South Australia and Victoria.

However 4-6 months is pretty quick anyway - not like me (and plenty of others) - 15 months and still another 4/5 to go....
Best of luck - keep up the research.
Mash..

Thanks Mash.