Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next Sydney meet?

Next Sydney meet?

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Sydney meet?

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
Hi Soapy, it would of been great to come along and meet everyone but we get the dog that morning from Eastern creek(hurray),we promise to come to the next one,sorry.If the date does change let me know,have loads of fun,and hope to meet up soon.
auch, bring the dog too
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Me and the not so big and fat wife (swaffy) and the now TWO kids :scared: will be there.
Just down the road from us so no excuses for us being late this time!
Looking forward to it
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:32 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjn2003
Me and the not so big and fat wife (swaffy) and the now TWO kids :scared: will be there.
Just down the road from us so no excuses for us being late this time!
Looking forward to it
great, so uv had the wee one???? well??? tell us
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by soapy
great, so uv had the wee one???? well??? tell us
Asha Emily was born one week ago today, 3.39kg (7lbs 8oz for the British). All went well - home with a cold beer by 10pm same day
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by sjn2003
Asha Emily was born one week ago today, 3.39kg (7lbs 8oz for the British). All went well - home with a cold beer by 10pm same day
funny u said that, i was just askin mer soapy if she bumpt in to her at work and she said , she wouldnt if everything went well
good luck to u all and looking forward to seeing u all soon, might get a chance for a natter this time
Old Mar 24th 2005, 10:26 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
Jesus. And if you left at 6am like we are supposed to be, that's a proper drinking sesh!
im trying to think of a day out for adults only...something mental?
lets see if u can come up with somethin...
done the bridge climb.
done the fishin.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

jasonK944 is an unknown quantity at this point

im trying to think of a day out for adults only...something mental?
lets see if u can come up with somethin...
done the bridge climb.
done the fishin.
Good idea - how about a simple meet up in a pub - the edinburgh castle in Pitt street (2 min walk from Town Hall station) has an area upstairs that is quiet and good for this type of thing.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:13 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by jasonK944
Good idea - how about a simple meet up in a pub - the edinburgh castle in Pitt street (2 min walk from Town Hall station) has an area upstairs that is quiet and good for this type of thing.
we could maybe talk about it at the next meet, so make sure u all come with some good idea
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

we could maybe talk about it at the next meet, so make sure u all come with some good idea
Does that mean mu suggestion is not a good idea?
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:11 am
Master of verbal pish©

ha ha ha ha no no frank, it just means i dont get to decide ha ha
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

u just want to go somewhere under cover
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

so how many are up for this meet on saturday?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

so how many are up for this meet on saturday?
We will be there
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

We will be there
magic frank, ill post a list on who going soon
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Alan&Sonia is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha ha ha , me never. I just think back to last year when we got here and dint know anyone. I just try to give everyone the same chance we had. We got lucky and made really great friends from our first meet. If one more family gets as lucky as us, well then I might be happy. It’s a great day out. If its your first meet it’s a bit strange because u don’t know anyone. But if you talk pish like me that wont matter.
We have a vast age range at the meet from 20s to the more senior members (not mentioning any names for fear of getting run over on my way to work by a classic car lol) loads of kids who just run mad for the day, singles and couples. There is a core group who turn out for just about every meet. Ive never really asked why because they have all settled and have friends outside the expats, maybe its for the same reason that I go?
So far we haven’t had any nutters, well except me lol. Last meet a new bunch turned up and fitted in like they had always been here. Anyone thinking about coming to the next one shouldn’t give it a second thought, what have u got to loose? The info u gain from it is great and u are always guaranteed a good laugh. Good luck to u and we hope to catch up with u at one of the meets later in the year.
soapy
Yes we'll be there Soapy and thanks for letting us know the meet is happening. I will tell a few others who may like to come. I think Centennial Park would be easier to get to (although Olympic Park sounds fab too). I think we need you to make a decision, and an actual meeting point and time, makes it easier for everyone. See you all on the 2nd.

Sonia and Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.