Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next step in the master plan .......

Wikiposts

Next step in the master plan .......

Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:34 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Next step in the master plan .......

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Hotel looks nice on the web, any idea personally?
We went there recently, and the rooms are average, clean and tidy. Normal sort of motel room. The place has a good swimming pool area, and Restaurant, with a nice lounge area to sit and relax, although right by the reception. It is not really in walking distance to anywhere, you would really need a car, or use the buses.

How much are the flights without the Accommodation, to compare the true cost of the accommodation ?

Does the package include entry into Seaworld itself, as that would cost $140/150 per adult for unlimited entry and $85/95 per child.

Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
We went there recently, and the rooms are average, clean and tidy. Normal sort of motel room. The place has a good swimming pool area, and Restaurant, with a nice lounge area to sit and relax, although right by the reception. It is not really in walking distance to anywhere, you would really need a car, or use the buses.

How much are the flights without the Accommodation, to compare the true cost of the accommodation ?

Does the package include entry into Seaworld itself, as that would cost $140/150 per adult for unlimited entry and $85/95 per child.
Well yeah I said to start we don't want no hotel, just somewhere cheap! .... get the flights, a car ready at the airport and away we go! but like I say, the price just seems good to me, and even tho it's Winter, there HAS to be more to do for the kids over playing cards in a villa or sim somewhere!

No entrance to Sea World tho!

It's Expedia who is doing the deal, and you can book a modest air con car for £27 per day (all in), which too seems reasonable to me, not sure what the going rate is tho.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:21 pm
ABCDiamond

Well yeah I said to start we don't want no hotel, just somewhere cheap! .... get the flights, a car ready at the airport and away we go! but like I say, the price just seems good to me, and even tho it's Winter, there HAS to be more to do for the kids over playing cards in a villa or sim somewhere!

No entrance to Sea World tho!

It's Expedia who is doing the deal, and you can book a modest air con car for £27 per day (all in), which too seems reasonable to me, not sure what the going rate is tho.
How old are the kids ?

Food at the resort is not cheap: Breakfast is $26.50 per adult !! But if you drive into Surfers you can find plenty that do similar for about $7 (I think).

For main Dinners, at places in Surfers; an example for 4 steak dinners, with drinks can be about $120.

You will probably find the car hire can be got a bit cheaper here, but the hassle and time to find the right place etc etc, probably is not worth it, and you may end up with something worse
This one www.goldcoastcarhire.com advertises from $19 per day, but I would be worried about something that cheap.

Budget for the Seaworld tickets at the prices I mentioned, and at least you will always have somewhere to go

Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

How old are the kids ?

Food at the resort is not cheap: Breakfast is $26.50 per adult !! But if you drive into Surfers you can find plenty that do similar for about $7 (I think).

For main Dinners, at places in Surfers; an example for 4 steak dinners, with drinks can be about $120.

You will probably find the car hire can be got a bit cheaper here, but the hassle and time to find the right place etc etc, probably is not worth it, and you may end up with something worse
This one www.goldcoastcarhire.com advertises from $19 per day, but I would be worried about something that cheap.

Budget for the Seaworld tickets at the prices I mentioned, and at least you will always have somewhere to go
Kids are just short of 15 & 13.

Yeah I'd heard food was reasonable at the likes of Surfers so I doubt we'll be eating at the hotel much, unless they serve kebabs at 3am ?!? ...lol

Yeah I'd seen Seaworld unlimited passes were the price of 2 days I think, but either way I'm sure we'll get the unlimited one.

For the price I'm gonna consider the car hire with the package (Avis I think). You can change the car no prob, but we don't want anything big or anything. Air con would be nice (has it) altho I don't think it's gonna be needed this time of year ?!

All very exciting tho!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'd heard food was reasonable at the likes of Surfers so I doubt we'll be eating at the hotel much, unless they serve kebabs at 3am ?!? ...lol

Yeah I'd seen Seaworld unlimited passes were the price of 2 days I think, but either way I'm sure we'll get the unlimited one.

For the price I'm gonna consider the car hire with the package (Avis I think). You can change the car no prob, but we don't want anything big or anything. Air con would be nice (has it) altho I don't think it's gonna be needed this time of year ?!

All very exciting tho!
Hi Paul,

If you are looking at alterntives to hotels, have a look at furnished apartments/units on these 2 sites, if you haven't already. You can find places in Brisbane or Gold Coast at very reasonable price:

http://www.hotelclub.net/
http://www.seqrents.com.au/

All the best,
Mrs JTL
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:43 pm
ABCDiamond

All very exciting tho!
One day entry is $60 & $38.
The 2 day pass prices are $90 Adult & $57 Children (4-13), and the annual pass is $150 & $95. You are up for 3 adults and 1 child !!

Air con in Car ? I used mine today, even though its cold enough for heaters overnight. The sun coming through the windscreen can still heat the car up.

Do you ever sleep ?

Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

One day entry is $60 & $38.
The 2 day pass prices are $90 Adult & $57 Children (4-13), and the annual pass is $150 & $95. You are up for 3 adults and 1 child !!

Air con in Car ? I used mine today, even though its cold enough for heaters overnight. The sun coming through the windscreen can still heat the car up.

Do you ever sleep ?
LOL, sometimes! I've just took a sleeping tab as all this excitement IS playing havoc with my sleep, which at the best of times is messed up! I actually function ok with about 6 hours kip, but have to be up at Midday to go see some dog kennels.

That's not gonna be nice, altho I hope they are! .... but I mean leaving mutters for 3 weeks altho the way I see it is it'll be good practise for quarantine and also to see how he copes ?!

I'm outta here in 10!

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Hi Paul,

If you are looking at alterntives to hotels, have a look at furnished apartments/units on these 2 sites, if you haven't already. You can find places in Brisbane or Gold Coast at very reasonable price:

http://www.hotelclub.net/
http://www.seqrents.com.au/

All the best,
Mrs JTL
Hi Mrs JTL, ta for the links, and I'll have a buchers tomorrow (today !? ..lol), after sleep! but for this period I wasn't finding flights much lower than the £800 - £900 mark, which just makes me think the extra £300 or so for 3 weeks in that hotel, well it just seems so good!