Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next step in the master plan .......

Wikiposts

Next step in the master plan .......

Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Next step in the master plan .......

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Damm!! ....... not one offer on the house from this post ....

Thanks everyone.

Sam, you really gotta start calling me Paul ...lol

I think you do, I also think you can pay each year as you go, but IF the house sells, we will be fine. They even give a discount for 2 enrollments

We'd be studying at a private school, and their main campus is in Brissie, but also have one on The Gold Coast, which we like the sound of.

We've NEVER been to Oz! ...

I know, how can I/we do all this with no guarantee of success! or even if we'll like the place!

Well personally I could go 'blind'. Don't ask how or why, but just gut instinct tells me it will be what we're looking for out of a country.

Saying that tho, with the good news yesterday we ARE gonna head out to Oz in July/Aug for 2/3 weeks to have a GOOD look around

Can't wait!

Oh and for fear of going on, and I REALLY don't wanna jinx things, but after a pretty rough period of recent, I feel sooooo on top of the world at the mo as EVERYTHING is just goin sooooooo well

JINX!!! ..... lol

Oh and lastly, Ben, always remember you will always get a free haircut when you get out to Brisbane, don't worry, I won't go dropping the comb on your lap ....rofl
so can you still do the student route then if youve got kids/dependents??
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:05 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Thanks Shirley

Originally Posted by Rooksie
so can you still do the student route then if youve got kids/dependents??
You can, but you have to pay for their schooling. States Vary but Queensland the cost is something like £4,500 per year, each child. Then you have NO Medicare so you have to have Private.

At the end of the day this is the most expensive route with the least chance of success, but we only have this option and are willing to give a go.

I got told off on another post for my time spent in front of a PC, and should be out with my kids! ...lol. This I got VERY offended by to start, but have since been PM'd by a few saying the user is just a moany old 'wanna get back to the UK' one!

Not bothered now by it, but I DO spend a REAL lot of time on the PC, but a big chunk IS researching all this. Belive me, I don't wan't to have to return after 2 years cos we failed!

Worse case scenario is we DO have ot leave, but we'd of spent 2 years in Oz, both me and the missus will study together, which we are both cool about. We DO get on very well and don't drive each other mad! ...lol. We'd live a basic enough life there, but WON'T have to work so at the end of the day, if we DO have to go, then I reckon it's gonna be a good 2 years of our lives if nothing else!

Wouldn't be what we'd want, and we'd go with the BEST chance of success at the time of going.

Can't do not more than that I guess.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:10 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Shirley

You can, but you have to pay for their schooling. States Vary but Queensland the cost is something like £4,500 per year, each child. Then you have NO Medicare so you have to have Private.

At the end of the day this is the most expensive route with the least chance of success, but we only have this option and are willing to give a go.

I got told off on another post for my time spent in front of a PC, and should be out with my kids! ...lol. This I got VERY offended by to start, but have since been PM'd by a few saying the user is just a moany old 'wanna get back to the UK' one!

Not bothered now by it, but I DO spend a REAL lot of time on the PC, but a big chunk IS researching all this. Belive me, I don't wan't to have to return after 2 years cos we failed!

Worse case scenario is we DO have ot leave, but we'd of spent 2 years in Oz, both me and the missus will study together, which we are both cool about. We DO get on very well and don't drive each other mad! ...lol. We'd live a basic enough life there, but WON'T have to work so at the end of the day, if we DO have to go, then I reckon it's gonna be a good 2 years of our lives if nothing else!

Wouldn't be what we'd want, and we'd go with the BEST chance of success at the time of going.

Can't do not more than that I guess.
bloody hell - some people! i didnt see that post mate but try not to get worked up over it - some people are too full of their own self importance to worry about. forget it.

i think at the end of the day we are all guilty of that one to a certain degree!! my girls have made a few comments

forever the pessimist i have considered the student route also!! sounds damned expensive though

all the very best matey
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:19 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic !

July/Aug eh? Wow how jealous am I??? Well you ahd better get on line wherever you go coz the bubs is due right about then & I am sure proud dad steve will be announcing it to the forum masses!
Have a great time!

Claire
x

Ps. tried to send Karma but told me to spreadit around a bit!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:20 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you told them to F*** off , get a life and mind their own business.
No one can judge you by your cyber self
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:21 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I hope you told them to F*** off , get a life and mind their own business.
No one can judge you by your cyber self
Ditto
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:18 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Yeah no worries bout that post I'm tempted to post the link, but won't, no point, all water under the bridge if you ask me.

I DO spend tons of time on a PC (family joke is email is the quickest way to get me, forget txt msg's! ...lol) , but I DON'T shut out everyone! Ok, I have been accused even by own family of this a bit recently, but they ALL do know it's all for a good cause. I think when they see me doing expat member pic's they might have a bit of an arguement ...lol, but a REAL lot of my time is going thru Gov websites inc DIMIA & TRA, and trawling thru relevant posts on BE, the silly stuff is just for a change ...... a break!

I work stupid nights and start work at Midnight ... I'm home at 5am and asleep by 6 or 7. I wake gone midday, but am about when the kids come home and we all do stuff together now and then. I am about the house a lot, and certainly upto when they go to bed, even if stuck in this chair! ...lol, but I see a LOT of my kids, without doubt more now than I will in Oz, but they are growing up now, they don't wanna spend time with me now anyway! ...lol

Ahhhhhh, don't need to justify me and my kids!

Anyway, thanks so much for the support ppl, I keep saying but it REALLY does mean so much
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:42 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hairdressing!!????

.....you mean you dont want to be a nurse??? everyone likes you if your a nurse, and you get to shovel sh## for a living!!

seriously though...good luck mate!

sue
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Fantastic !

July/Aug eh? Wow how jealous am I??? Well you ahd better get on line wherever you go coz the bubs is due right about then & I am sure proud dad steve will be announcing it to the forum masses!
Have a great time!

Claire
x

Ps. tried to send Karma but told me to spreadit around a bit!
Hi Claire, sorry missed this post earlier

Yeah don't worry I'm sure I'll be frequenting the odd cyber cafe while we're there, I'll keep my eyes peeled

I hope to take loads of pic's so will no doubt post them upon return.

Now we just gotta try and sort out the 'right' time to go ?!

Weather being such a big reason, end of July/ Beg of August has to be fav (middle of Winter I guess!) as that's when we want to REALLY see it. We all know it will be nice in the summer, but HOW cold will it get in the Winter on The Gold Coast ?!? .... I've heard/read conflicting reports, but gotta be better than Winter here!

I feel another bashing coming for slating the UK ...lol

I just have to do a little juggling with dates as my mum is having a 60th party early July, and my boy is going away with the army cadets on the 16th of July for 10 days, maybe when he returns.

We'll see!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:43 pm
ABCDiamond

I just have to do a little juggling with dates as my mum is having a 60th party early July, and my boy is going away with the army cadets on the 16th of July for 10 days, maybe when he returns.

We'll see!
Hi Paul,
Sounds like you may miss the Brisbane meet on July 16th then

Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Hi Paul,
Sounds like you may miss the Brisbane meet on July 16th then
Awwww damm!

You know I hadn't even thought about that one

I'm thinking at the mo is it worth traveling up to Manchester as there is a get together going on there, but one in Oz woulda been sooooo good!

timing eh!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:49 pm
ABCDiamond

Awwww damm!

You know I hadn't even thought about that one

I'm thinking at the mo is it worth traveling up to Manchester as there is a get together going on there, but one in Oz woulda been sooooo good!

timing eh!
As soon as you know your flights, let us all know; you never know, between us and the Gold Coast, there may be another one timed better for you

Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:51 pm
ABCDiamond

Weather being such a big reason, end of July/ Beg of August has to be fav (middle of Winter I guess!) as that's when we want to REALLY see it. We all know it will be nice in the summer, but HOW cold will it get in the Winter on The Gold Coast ?!? .... I've heard/read conflicting reports, but gotta be better than Winter here!
The Gold Coast winter is warmer than a Sydney winter I had ice on the windscreen in Sydney ONCE.

Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

As soon as you know your flights, let us all know; you never know, between us and the Gold Coast, there may be another one timed better for you
Yeah will do, I'll be looking for a lift from the airport ....

Naah, we will be doing a lot of looking around so it'll make sense to have a car ready to pick up from the airport. I'm keen to whitness the Oz way of driving as I hear so much about it ...lol

If it wasn't for the boy going away on the 16th I'm sure we could work round it. As I say I can't miss me mums party early July either

Can't you move it to August! ...lol
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

The Gold Coast winter is warmer than a Sydney winter I had ice on the windscreen in Sydney ONCE.
Yeah I spoke to a bloke tonight who's just arrived in the UK from Oz. Originally born in the UK, but left for Sydney when he was 7. He spoke well about Oz, and said he'd had many a holiday on the GC, again spoke well of

He said Winters in Sydney was mild compared to here, but also agreed TGC would be warmer. He reckoned it won't drop below 10C in the eve on TGC and 20C odd in the day ?!!?

Sounds ok I spose ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.