Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next step in the master plan .......

Wikiposts

Next step in the master plan .......

Old Jun 15th 2005, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Next step in the master plan .......

Is a goer!

It's looking more and more likely that I WILL be doing this crazy Study to PR thing.

First there was the course (Hairdressing) which myself and partner will be doing. Well it's been touch and go for a while because the TRA (if you go thru them!) are demanding 900 hours work experience along with an Oz gained Qualification. It has now been confirmed that the Hairdressing course that has over 1200 hours work experience, is 'good to go' for the TRA WITHOUT any extra experience being needed

Next step was today having the house valued.

With obv worries about the current state of the market, we was over the moon today as the Estate Agent gave us a valuation that equates to just over 10% more than expected! ....

This route is gonna cost us a small fortune, so as you can imagine we are well chuffed!

ALTHO!!!!!! .......... gotta sell it now! altho I'm confident as it IS a good house.

We have spent the last 5 years or so renovating it, not a lot is original. I REALLY wish I could fit it in a container, but don't think it will go or we'd take with us!

I know, why do all that work on a house then want to emigrate!?!? ...lol, but when we moved in we had NO plans of anything like this, things change etc!

Anyway, It'll be on the market within a few weeks so if anyone knows of someone looking to set up in a decent enough part of Watford - Herts, you know the score! ..... ...lol

Next step, confirmation we will both pass a medical !??!

Back to the PC for MORE research! ..... but will all be worth it oneday me hopes!

Altho better try that 'sleep' thing first!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 6:59 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next step in the master plan .......

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Is a goer!

It's looking more and more likely that I WILL be doing this crazy Study to PR thing.

First there was the course (Hairdressing) which myself and partner will be doing. Well it's been touch and go for a while because the TRA (if you go thru them!) are demanding 900 hours work experience along with an Oz gained Qualification. It has now been confirmed that the Hairdressing course that has over 1200 hours work experience, is 'good to go' for the TRA WITHOUT any extra experience being needed

With obv worries about the current state of the market, we was over the moon today as the Estate Agent gave us a valuation that equates to just over 10% more than expected! ....

This route is gonna cost us a small fortune, so as you can imagine we are well chuffed!

ALTHO!!!!!! .......... gotta sell it now! altho I'm confident as it IS a good house.

We have spent the last 5 years or so renovating it, not a lot is original. I REALLY wish I could fit it in a container, but don't think it will go or we'd take with us!

I know, why do all that work on a house then want to emigrate!?!? ...lol, but when we moved in we had NO plans of anything like this, things change etc!

Anyway, It'll be on the market within a few weeks so if anyone knows of someone looking to set up in a decent enough part of Watford - Herts, you know the score! ..... ...lol

Back to the PC for MORE research! ..... but will all be worth it oneday me hopes!

I wish you all the best my friend !!!!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Things are looking positive for you now Paul , you have been busy, good luck with the house and everything else. sending u good luck k (not that u need any)
Hilary
Now get some zedzzzzzzz
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:13 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Paul you deserve to be successful
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give ya a visa for pure determination.... but I haven't got a spare one!
Good luck in your efforts
Larissa
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds good.........I had thought of hairdressing but I think I would be useless, hence accountancy. I like numbers and I definitely like money!!!!
Hope your house sells quick, when will your course start???
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:26 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
That sounds good.........I had thought of hairdressing but I think I would be useless, hence accountancy. I like numbers and I definitely like money!!!!

Accountancy is deffo for weirdo's...I have studied accountancy as part of a management course and found it the most boring unrewarding job ever. However each to their own I suppose, At least with hairdressing you can be a little GAY !
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:46 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Is a goer!

Wishing you both all the luck in the world, keep us updated on the house sale

Carole
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:58 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Things are looking up for you Paul.

Best of luck!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:04 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

We hope everything goes according to plan and you get those much chased visa's. good luck with the application Jim.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Originally Posted by mand8002
Hi Mand8002,

Am I right in saying that you went to OZ on a student visa? If so can you tell me if you had to do UK police checks for your student visa and also when you had the medical did you have to have a blood test?

Tracy
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:35 am
Professional Princess

Is a goer!

Jim, do you have to pay your uni fees upfront?

Which uni are you going to?

My mates doing it this route, her uni had to send documents to DIMIA. Shes loving it, training to be a vet mind you, much more expensive, but her mum remortgaged the house.

Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:06 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Damm!! ....... not one offer on the house from this post ....

Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Jim, do you have to pay your uni fees upfront?

Which uni are you going to?

My mates doing it this route, her uni had to send documents to DIMIA. Shes loving it, training to be a vet mind you, much more expensive, but her mum remortgaged the house.
Sam, you really gotta start calling me Paul ...lol

I think you do, I also think you can pay each year as you go, but IF the house sells, we will be fine. They even give a discount for 2 enrollments

We'd be studying at a private school, and their main campus is in Brissie, but also have one on The Gold Coast, which we like the sound of.

We've NEVER been to Oz! ...

I know, how can I/we do all this with no guarantee of success! or even if we'll like the place!

Well personally I could go 'blind'. Don't ask how or why, but just gut instinct tells me it will be what we're looking for out of a country.

Saying that tho, with the good news yesterday we ARE gonna head out to Oz in July/Aug for 2/3 weeks to have a GOOD look around

Can't wait!

Oh and for fear of going on, and I REALLY don't wanna jinx things, but after a pretty rough period of recent, I feel sooooo on top of the world at the mo as EVERYTHING is just goin sooooooo well

JINX!!! ..... lol

Oh and lastly, Ben, always remember you will always get a free haircut when you get out to Brisbane, don't worry, I won't go dropping the comb on your lap ....rofl
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:24 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Paul

Glad things are looking up for you and yours, you deserve a break!

Fingers crossed for the house to sell quickly.

Enjoy your trip out there.

Shirley
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:26 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Is a goer!

blimey - you should get in based on sheer determination mate!!

sending you some K!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.