Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next Melbourne Curry Night

Next Melbourne Curry Night

Old Oct 21st 2007, 12:43 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Next Melbourne Curry Night

Prospective places include Buzzy's Surrey Hills recommendation, Roti Boti in Hampton, Williamstown if Pomster is about, or any others that anyone knows about?

Find a suitable date and I'm happy to book it all. It's been a while since I organised one anyway

How about Satuday 10th November. After Melbourne cup weekend and appropriately for an Indian meal, just after Fireworks night

BTW, if a Friday is better for people, I'm still happy to do all the arranging, but I can't make Fridays cos I work
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:04 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Melbourne Curry Night

OK here is Buzzy's Surrey Hills recommendation -

Chef's Tandoor, 492 Whitehorse Road, Surrey Hills, Tel 9830 0655, chef and proprietor Birender Bist. (from their business card)

This was very very near to curry in the UK although the popadoms didn't come with all the sauces, just the green minty one which the ozzies spread on the popadoms like jam.....

The food was all very good though, the service was a bit slow but I think that was because we were a party of 10 and it was a weekday lunchtime so they only had the chef's wife waiting table.

I would be equally happy to go to the Roti Boti, its nearer me for starters....

Buzzy
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty

Prospective places include Buzzy's Surrey Hills recommendation, Roti Boti in Hampton, Williamstown if Pomster is about, or any others that anyone knows about?

Find a suitable date and I'm happy to book it all. It's been a while since I organised one anyway

How about Satuday 10th November. After Melbourne cup weekend and appropriately for an Indian meal, just after Fireworks night

BTW, if a Friday is better for people, I'm still happy to do all the arranging, but I can't make Fridays cos I work
Love to come, however all of those I would have to drive to rather than Public Transport. Car means both of us coming which means babysitters, (cant curry and not drink ) though the kids are getting of an age where they can look after themselves. Will let you know very close to the day. All those reasons are why I stayed schtoom on the last thread. Tis the downside of the older two moving out.

BTW Surrey Hills = boof head jeff... spiit

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 21st 2007 at 3:41 am.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Sat 10th okay with us.....wherever don't mind - where is Surrey Hills?

Mr Buzzy glad you're up for it! Will be nice to meet you at last!

Kim
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:22 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

OK...date is settled

Saturday 10th November

Feel free to express interest, and in the meantime, we'll sort ot the place.

Surrey Hills, is in the Box Hill/Waverley vicinity for those that don't know, but that may not yet be the venue
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:41 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I express interest for the 10th November. Can we bring fireworks ?

Buzzy
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Cafe Saffron in Ivanhoe is a great Indian place. The food is fantastic.
It's on the main road near the station (i's on the Hurstbridge line and train takes about 20 mins from the city).

Here's a couple of reviews:
http://www.suburbandiningguide.com.au/Ivanhoe.htm
http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/cafe_saffron/
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:48 am
Just Joined

kriskrock will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Cafe Saffron in Ivanhoe is a great Indian place. The food is fantastic.
It's on the main road near the station (i's on the Hurstbridge line and train takes about 20 mins from the city).

Here's a couple of reviews:
http://www.suburbandiningguide.com.au/Ivanhoe.htm
http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/cafe_saffron/
We are up for the curry night - we will have moved into our house in Brighton by then - anywhere will do for us.

PS... if anyone needs a baby sitter let us know - Our 15 year old and 12 year old are both CPR Trained and Qualified Baby Sitter (USA Qulification from local Hospital).

Chris & Elaine
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

vgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to all

Count two more in, been here since end of August but couldn't make previous nights. Favour Surrey Hills just because it is closer to us but anywhere with good food is cool with us.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shakmaty

Hi guys we cant make it but would love to come to one in the new year as we move to melbourne from nelson bay in January next year, which aint that far away. Only been in the country 2 months and love it in nelson bay but its far too quiet up here and coming from Manchester its like a ghost town during the week.

Haver a good time and hope to meet you guys one day soon

All the best

Al & the missus
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:26 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by kriskrock
We are up for the curry night - we will have moved into our house in Brighton by then - anywhere will do for us.

PS... if anyone needs a baby sitter let us know - Our 15 year old and 12 year old are both CPR Trained and Qualified Baby Sitter (USA Qulification from local Hospital).

Chris & Elaine
We would love a baby sitter, we live in Mordialloc.

I'll PM you.

Buzzy
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

apple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I express interest for the 10th November. Can we bring fireworks ?

Buzzy
10th of November should be good for me too.

I'm with buzzy, can we have sparklers at least? And seein as they don't really celebrate Halloween here, (I feel cheated) can we make it fancy dress too? I've got a great black and yellow striped jumped you could stuff with paper Buzzy
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:19 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by apple3
10th of November should be good for me too.

I'm with buzzy, can we have sparklers at least? And seein as they don't really celebrate Halloween here, (I feel cheated) can we make it fancy dress too? I've got a great black and yellow striped jumped you could stuff with paper Buzzy
I could just bring my Buzzy Bee (see avatar)

Buzzy
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

apple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I could just bring my Buzzy Bee (see avatar)

Buzzy
Fair enough! I'd like to meet him/her. Looks like a happy bee!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind coming but it would have to be somewhere central, or Williamstown would be ideal,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.