Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Next Gold Coast Meet - Sunday 12th June

The Next Gold Coast Meet - Sunday 12th June

Old May 7th 2006, 12:07 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Next Gold Coast Meet - Sunday 12th June

Hi,

Great to see everyone today.

There were a few suggestions for the next meet including that we should have them every four weeks or so, near a park so we can have some games and next to somewhere we can get food, so you don't have to BBQ if you don't want.

So let's make the next one for Sunday June 12th at Broadbeach by Kurrawa Surf Club. The next day is a public holiday so we won't have to worry about work/ school. There's a great park there and we can organise a game of rounders or something to kick things off.

Everyone is welcome, so please just turn up if you fancy it. I'll post directions nearer the time.

How does this sound?

Paul and Nicole.

Last edited by diddy; May 7th 2006 at 12:11 pm.
Old May 7th 2006, 12:46 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Next Gold Coast Meet - Sunday 12th June

Originally Posted by diddy
Hi,

There were a few suggestions for the next meet including that we should have them every four weeks or so, near a park so we can have some games and next to somewhere we can get food, so you don't have to BBQ if you don't want.

So let's make the next one for Sunday June 12th at Broadbeach by Kurrawa Surf Club. The next day is a public holiday so we won't have to worry about work/ school. There's a great park there and we can organise a game of rounders or something to kick things off.

Everyone is welcome, so please just turn up if you fancy it. I'll post directions nearer the time.

How does this sound?

Paul and Nicole.
Sounds good to me. Didn't make todays meet and can't be sure if I can make the next one yet. Only time will tell what I'll be doing that day. Good to see it's on a Sunday again though, normally a day I can make.

Marie
Old May 8th 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

How does this sound?

Paul and Nicole.
Hi Paul & Nicole,

Thanks for another great day yesterday. Count us in for the next one.

Marie, Darrin, Amy and Lauren
xx
Old May 8th 2006, 12:58 am
Just Joined

ocean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

How does this sound?

Paul and Nicole.

Hi everyone

Thanks for a lovely afternoon yesterday, hopefully we'll be able to make the next one too

Tina, Richard, Ben (who wasn't there ) & Emily.x
Old May 8th 2006, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

If I've finished my reports by then I'll make it. We did pass by yesterday but there were so many groups of people about we weren't sure which was the expats! Weren't keen on asking lots of strangers if they were 'the pommies'!
Hi,

How does this sound?

Paul and Nicole.
Old May 8th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Have some piccies to put up but it says they are too large to upload so i will try and make them smaller and put them up later!
Old May 11th 2006, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

We'll come along to this one unable to make the last one what with the move and had a few peeps staying over

Will keep an eye on the post

Sue x
Old May 11th 2006, 2:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
We'll come along to this one unable to make the last one what with the move and had a few peeps staying over

Will keep an eye on the post

Sue x
Change your location hon - you've moved across Guineas Creek Road now

Hope the move went well and you're all settled.
Old May 11th 2006, 3:01 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Doubt I'm going to make this one either. I'm getting 2 wisdom teeth out a couple of days before (in hospital, at a whopping cost of $1900!!! flamin' teeth), and don't fancy sitting around with a face the size of a hot air balloon.

Marie
Old May 11th 2006, 4:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Doubt I'm going to make this one either. I'm getting 2 wisdom teeth out a couple of days before (in hospital, at a whopping cost of $1900!!! flamin' teeth), and don't fancy sitting around with a face the size of a hot air balloon.

Marie
Jeez Marie - that's not good Hope you're not in too much pain. I should think a meet would be the last thing you want to do.
Old May 11th 2006, 6:03 am
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Jeez Marie - that's not good Hope you're not in too much pain. I should think a meet would be the last thing you want to do.

I've been told to expect to be in heaps of pain. There's alot of nerve work involved so I'm also expecting temporary numbness of the chin and tongue....been told it could be anything up to 18mths before I get feeling back completely :scared: absolutely shitting myself doesn't cover it!

Anyway, this'll be the 2nd meet in a row I've missed now so hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be there for the next one.

Marie
Old May 11th 2006, 8:02 am
Just Joined

chips n ale is a jewel in the roughchips n ale is a jewel in the roughchips n ale is a jewel in the roughchips n ale is a jewel in the roughchips n ale is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
I've been told to expect to be in heaps of pain. There's alot of nerve work involved so I'm also expecting temporary numbness of the chin and tongue....been told it could be anything up to 18mths before I get feeling back completely :scared: absolutely shitting myself doesn't cover it!

Anyway, this'll be the 2nd meet in a row I've missed now so hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be there for the next one.

Marie
Hi all,
We are new to the gang, we have just moved to Alexandra Hills, near Cleveland and only been here eight weeks so would love to meet with you all if thats ok? :scared: (desperately seeking someone
Is there anyone else from this area, or are you all further down towards gold coast?
Old May 11th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Shame these are always on a Sunday as this is the only day we cannot ever make due to work, can do evenings or ideally a Saturday oh well we will have to wait to see if there will be a Saturday meet some time.
Old May 11th 2006, 11:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i have to say sorry for not making the last one again. on the way back off the water a bag blew into the water. my mate leaned over to get it and the gate broke and he fell in. everyone went in to a panic, but i couldnt get off the floor for laughing
we didnt get off the water till about 5.45 and i was in a huff because everyone wanted to go home
i wont say i will be at the next one. if i do i wont make it, so ill just wait and see lol
i really do want to meet up with u guys who i have been talking to for years.
Old May 12th 2006, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

How does this sound?

Paul and Nicole.
We'll be there, it was great to meet everyone at the last one,

Deb, Steve and boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.