Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next girls night out - Brisbane

Next girls night out - Brisbane

Old Jul 8th 2005, 5:01 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Next girls night out - Brisbane

Originally Posted by mcmercer
I thought it was wonderful when I got asked for ID at first (grand age of 31!) but it happens often, they are really strict, hadnt had to produce any since I was 15 at home!

Sarah, am looking forward to seeing you on a brissie night and swapping calshot school and dodgy walsall nightlife stories!
Michaela x
Hiya Michaela,
I still can't believe that they called their PTA FOC, Friends of Calshot, lol. I wonder if they still call it that. And boy can I tell you dodgy Walsall nightlife stories, not only was I a p***head student I worked in Harleys Night club, pmsl. Wooohoooo, does that mean I'll get asked for ID again at the ripe old age of 35, people tell me I only look early to mid twenties. I think they had their beer goggles on, lol.
Sarah
Old Jul 10th 2005, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Hi

Just to confirm it is 7.30 Gilhooleys on 23rd?! Ive pmd Logan with my mobile number if there are any probs - but how will I recognise any of you?!

atticus

ps hope its ok if I come along?!!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Atticus
Hi

Just to confirm it is 7.30 Gilhooleys on 23rd?! Ive pmd Logan with my mobile number if there are any probs - but how will I recognise any of you?!

atticus

Saturday 23 July 7.30pm at Gilhooley's

on the corner of Albert and Charlotte Streets in centre of Brisbane.

Gilhooley's website for further details - nice electronic version of "Brown Eyed Girl", very classy.

I hoped that would be clear for everyone who read page 2

Polly will be there with a purple hat, but we will stick up the British Expat Logo just for you! You will also hear lot of cackling - that'll be us.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Atticus
Hi

atticus

Hiya, I'll let you know what I'm wearing and check out my photo on photopost, it'll give you an idea!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindyLoo
Polly will be there with a purple hat, but we will stick up the British Expat Logo just for you! You will also hear lot of cackling - that'll be us.
You'll have to just listen for the cackling I'm afraid, unless someone comes round to pick up the hat, Won't be there (again ), thats why I've not contributed much to the thread.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 11:38 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You'll have to just listen for the cackling I'm afraid, unless someone comes round to pick up the hat, Won't be there (again ), thats why I've not contributed much to the thread.

Well why not young lady..... these meets aren't the same without the hat (and its owner)
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:28 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Well why not young lady..... these meets aren't the same without the hat (and its owner)
Flipping V8 race meeting that weekend, I have my orders, be on the track 6.30am Sat and Sun.........believe me, I know which I would rather be doing
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:29 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Flipping V8 race meeting that weekend, I have my orders, be on the track 6.30am Sat and Sun.........believe me, I know which I would rather be doing

Where is the meet - can u not do both???
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:40 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Where is the meet - can u not do both???
Not a chance - leave home at 4.30 Saturday, drive to Ipswich, work on track all day, get home about 8pm, up at 4.30am Sunday to drive back to Ipswich and be on track working again untl at least 5.30-6pm. No chance of a day off work the week before or after either as we have a major exercise going on here that fortnight. Plus they (so I'm told) breathalyse marshals at big events like this and if you have anything higher than a zero alcohol level you get banned for life! Tolerant lot these Aussies - could understand it if I was in charge of a car, but the most action I'll get is being in charge of a broom!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:45 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys, looking forward to meeting you all again. I went to a Gold Coast meeting yesterday - and FlowerOScotland is considering coming to the Brisbane night oot - so, Logan, I'll get the train back with her if she decides to come. Thanks for that offer - will pm you if FlowerO decides not to go. Hope your all well. Looking forward to a catch up with you all. (Hope Lindyloo, Logan and Madsad are all coming!...yes?) Colette x
Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Clare E Bongo is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Next girls night out - Brisbane

Hi

I arrived in Brisbane a few weeks ago with my husband. We have met quite a few locals already who are so friendly. I would love to attend your shindig to meet a few more (especially as we live just round the corner on Mary Street).

See you there! (if that's ok??!!)

Clare
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:57 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by Clare E Bongo
Hi

I arrived in Brisbane a few weeks ago with my husband. We have met quite a few locals already who are so friendly. I would love to attend your shindig to meet a few more (especially as we live just round the corner on Mary Street).

See you there! (if that's ok??!!)

Clare

Hey Clare - was it you who sent me a pm?? I replied to your hotmail this morning if it was!
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Thought it was roll call time........plse add your name if I've missed it, it's not deliberate!

mlbonner, lindyloo, shecha, wholeworldwindow, madsad (yes you are Donna!), J+J, Jim2004 (mrs), Atticus, Sue from Manchester, possibly floweroscotland, Clare E Bongo and of course...meeee...Logan

and as a wee aside....Clare is Bongo really your surname????? Soooo cool if it is!!
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Awww Polly we'll miss you. But I suppose if you have to watch V8 cars with the bloke rather than having a "speckled hen" with the girls, we'll understand.

Nice to see a wumin after my own heart. Your first post and it's to go on a night out with the girls, priorities seem correct to me. Look forward to meeting you, Bongo.

WWW hope your new job is going well, and I'll catch up with you on Saturday.

Now where is Madsad???????????? Is she still trying to play hard to get? (bet Malky would say otherwise ).
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:00 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindyLoo

Now where is Madsad???????????? Is she still trying to play hard to get? (bet Malky would say otherwise ).

Oi you!!!!

Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.