Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next girls night out - Brisbane

Next girls night out - Brisbane

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: Next girls night out - Brisbane

Originally Posted by shecha
The 23rd sounds good to me!!!

How about everyone else??????
Count me in for 23rd July!! Just had a quick squiz at the last night out thread...where's artep, wanderlust, mcmercer, spalen, barbara_ch, j+j, jadnrich, lucyemma5???????????
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:03 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by logan
Count me in for 23rd July!! Just had a quick squiz at the last night out thread...where's artep, wanderlust, mcmercer, spalen, barbara_ch, j+j, jadnrich, lucyemma5???????????

I'll email those who's addresses I have tomorrow - I'm pretty sure Barbara is in Cairns at the moment though.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:07 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I wont be able to make this one...I have visitors here from the UK so really busy.

Spalens wife
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

If I've managed to sort myself out with a job and a flat in the centre of Brisbane I'll try and come. Might take me longer than 2 weeks though! Stuck on the Gold Coast up till then.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Can't wait till I'm eventually over there. Would love to come on one of your nights out.

By the way what's a Bogan?

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:33 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi everyone,
Can't wait till I'm eventually over there. Would love to come on one of your nights out.

By the way what's a Bogan?

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

The nights out are great - so as soon as you're over here, come along to the next one coz everyones welcome!!

As for 'whats a bogan' - the best person to ask is Logan!! I'll get her to reply to you!

Hee hee hee!!!

Shell
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:35 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Logan,

Tracey.d needs an explanation of 'whats a bogan'.

Told her you were the best to ask

Sorry!!!

Shell
x
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Tracey,

The nights out are great - so as soon as you're over here, come along to the next one coz everyones welcome!!
As for 'whats a bogan' - the best person to ask is Logan!! I'll get her to reply to you!

Hee hee hee!!!

Shell
Cheers, will be there .

As for the bogan, am even more intrigued now . Guessing it is a private joke against Logan judging by the name .

Probably wrong, usually am

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:26 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hey Everyone!!

Good to see there's another night out being planned. I was just waiting to see what date was picked for the night out before I said if I could make it or not.

Well, on the night of the 23rd while you're all out getting legless, I'll be out in Woop-Woop somewhere freezing my arse off doing a 24hr adventure race. 100km on foot, by kayak or by mountain bike. (The location, route, etc. is secret until just before the race. 3 person team - me, my brother and my Kiwi bloke.
Its gonna be bloody hard work I think, but lots of fun.

Trust me on this when I say - I'll be thinking of you and wishing I was there!!!

Have fun!!

W.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by tracey.d

As for the bogan, am even more intrigued now . Guessing it is a private joke against Logan judging by the name .

Probably wrong, usually am

Tracey
Hi Tracey,
Not a private joke (esp. on this forum!!). It's been mentioned a lot on different threads but I thought this link from wmoore was pretty accurate, even telling what a bogan wears and drives!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan
I mentioned once I'm renting in Kallangur, and I think (from memory) someone had suggested it was Bogansville, (still making our mind up!). Plus it goes deliciously with my username.

ps I drive a Hyundai not an old style Ford Falcon or Holden Commodore, hate flannelette, and only like the 'trendy/fashionable' ugg boots!!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Hey Everyone!!

Good to see there's another night out being planned. I was just waiting to see what date was picked for the night out before I said if I could make it or not.

Well, on the night of the 23rd while you're all out getting legless, I'll be out in Woop-Woop somewhere freezing my arse off doing a 24hr adventure race. 100km on foot, by kayak or by mountain bike. (The location, route, etc. is secret until just before the race. 3 person team - me, my brother and my Kiwi bloke.
Its gonna be bloody hard work I think, but lots of fun.

Trust me on this when I say - I'll be thinking of you and wishing I was there!!!

Have fun!!

W.
Gee whiz W,

I'm mega impressed!!! Have you been training? I guess that's a stupid question! Is there a prize? Enjoy it anyway, and pop some photos on of the 3 of you at the end of it all! Good luck!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:54 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Gee whiz W,

I'm mega impressed!!! Have you been training? I guess that's a stupid question! Is there a prize? Enjoy it anyway, and pop some photos on of the 3 of you at the end of it all! Good luck!
Training - oh yes. Been out mountain biking, hiking through the forests at night (the race starts at 12 noon Saturday and ends 12 noon Sunday), learning how to kayak and been doing some rock climbing too (just in case). Wish I was as fit as mlbonner - I'd be laughing at the challenge!!
Oooohhh.... this is gonna hurt the next day!
Prizes - apparently so, but my main goal is to FINISH the race. Last years race saw nearly 50% of the entrants drop out!

Wish me luck!!

W
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 12:51 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Training - oh yes. Been out mountain biking, hiking through the forests at night (the race starts at 12 noon Saturday and ends 12 noon Sunday), learning how to kayak and been doing some rock climbing too (just in case). Wish I was as fit as mlbonner - I'd be laughing at the challenge!!
Oooohhh.... this is gonna hurt the next day!
Prizes - apparently so, but my main goal is to FINISH the race. Last years race saw nearly 50% of the entrants drop out!

Wish me luck!!

W
I was reading about that race in my Runners World mag last night..... sounds like its going to be awesome!! As for fit, don't know about that, I'm injured at the moment

Good Luck!
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Saturday 23 July 7.30pm at Gilhooley's

on the corner of Albert and Charlotte Streets in centre of Brisbane.

Gilhooley's website for further details - nice electronic version of "Brown Eyed Girl", very classy.

Just thought I'd make it absolutely clear where it was.

Count me in, I was holding off for confirmation before replying.

I hope to see you at the pub Polly - will you be busing it in or will your chauffeur be showing off the new wheels?

Bogan = chav/ned.

Logan rhyms with Bogan (despite her pretence of being a bogan she's actually a classy lass, even if she does wear Ugg boots and watches Big Brother!)

Wanderlust I am sooo impressed. Woop-Woop should be re-named
Mad - *****ers:scared: Go girl, we'll be thinking of you whilst having a few beers.

Michelle hope you are back at training soon, I know your big race is coming up soon.

Secha I hope you are enjoying the Gold Class lifestyle. We're just going to stick with tight-arsed Tuesday....maybe one day we can be like you .

Come in mcmercer and whole world window....where are you????
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I was reading about that race in my Runners World mag last night..... sounds like its going to be awesome!! As for fit, don't know about that, I'm injured at the moment

Good Luck!
what you do??? I told you running under the influence should be illegal! meant to ask, how were the lions?...apart from wet on the pitch!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.