Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next girls night out - Brisbane

Next girls night out - Brisbane

Old Jul 24th 2005, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: Next girls night out - Brisbane

Originally Posted by Jo Cousins
Hiya All

Had a great time on friday nite and definitely looking forward to the next one. It was nice to have female company after only spending time with the partner...u know how they can drive you mad!! But we love them really dont we?!!..hmmm

anyhow look forward to catching up with you all again.

jo
x
Have sent you pm!
Old Jul 24th 2005, 11:45 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Well - 50 teams started, only 40 finished. We were 39th... so we weren't last!! But at least we finished too! The race started at 12noon on Saturday and we completed the 100km at 10.56am on Sunday. It was knackering!!!! I've never seen terrain so hilly - and that's no exaggeration! There was about 14km of kayaking in the middle somewhere and halfway through that we had to change rivers! Get out of the water, dry ourselves and the kayak, catch a train to another town carrying all our gear, get back in the water and finish the kayak leg! At the end point of the kayak leg we had to beach it by a farmers field. You can imagine the waters edge being a mass of soggy cow sh*t...we were in it up to our knees! This was at about 7pm Saturday night. It was dark and foggy and we were soaking! I didnt get dry for the whole race after that. It wasnt a freezing cold night, but it was quite damp. With that and sweat my clothes were wet for the whole race. The last 8km of the race was the best. The sun had come up, it was all mountain biking on tarmac roads with a gentle down hill.

Anyway - I'm still alive with only a few aches, pains and blisters to prove I did it in the first place. Lots of great memories though and looking forward to doing another adventure race one one day .... maybe not a 100km one though! LOL!!

W.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:09 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jo Cousins
Hiya All

Had a great time on friday nite and definitely looking forward to the next one. It was nice to have female company after only spending time with the partner...u know how they can drive you mad!! But we love them really dont we?!!..hmmm

anyhow look forward to catching up with you all again.

jo
x
My apologies for not being there... a couple of things came up, including a race meet on the Sunday morning. Glad to hear so many newbies turned up, looking fwd to meeting you all at the next one

Hey Jo - let me know if you're free for coffee this week at all
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:41 am
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Had a great night!
It was really nice to put faces to names and to have a chat.
Look forward to the next one
Joe
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Well - 50 teams started, only 40 finished. We were 39th... so we weren't last!! But at least we finished too! The race started at 12noon on Saturday and we completed the 100km at 10.56am on Sunday. It was knackering!!!! I've never seen terrain so hilly - and that's no exaggeration! There was about 14km of kayaking in the middle somewhere and halfway through that we had to change rivers! Get out of the water, dry ourselves and the kayak, catch a train to another town carrying all our gear, get back in the water and finish the kayak leg! At the end point of the kayak leg we had to beach it by a farmers field. You can imagine the waters edge being a mass of soggy cow sh*t...we were in it up to our knees! This was at about 7pm Saturday night. It was dark and foggy and we were soaking! I didnt get dry for the whole race after that. It wasnt a freezing cold night, but it was quite damp. With that and sweat my clothes were wet for the whole race. The last 8km of the race was the best. The sun had come up, it was all mountain biking on tarmac roads with a gentle down hill.

Anyway - I'm still alive with only a few aches, pains and blisters to prove I did it in the first place. Lots of great memories though and looking forward to doing another adventure race one one day .... maybe not a 100km one though! LOL!!

W.
I think that's totally amazing W!!!!!!! Congratulations, you must be so chuffed. I couldn't even do an eighth of the race, but I still want photos!!!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J+J
Had a great night!
It was really nice to put faces to names and to have a chat.
Look forward to the next one
Joe
How did Mrs Tractor Boy get on???!!! She was having a whale of a time...just a little wobbly!
Tell Jane, Jo Whiteside sent message saying she remembered her and said Hi!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wanderlust

W.
Wow, congratulations on finishing. Or in fact even starting it, I know I couldn't . Well deserved K on its way to you.

Tracey
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:09 am
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Hi
Mrs Tractor boy got home safely although I'm not sure she remembers how she got home. Had a great time and can't wait for the next one. It's a small world isn't it! I'll tell Jane that it is the same person! Pretty Bizarre if you ask me!
See you at the next one