Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next girls night out - Brisbane

Next girls night out - Brisbane

Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Next girls night out - Brisbane

Originally Posted by madsad
Oi you!!!!

Donna.
So you'll be coming out for a drink then?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Clare E Bongo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Next girls night out - Brisbane

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hey Clare - was it you who sent me a pm?? I replied to your hotmail this morning if it was!
Hi mlbonner.

Actually, no it wasn't me who PM'd you but I appreciate the information you sent me. See you there!!

Clare
Old Jul 13th 2005, 1:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Clare E Bongo
Hi mlbonner.

Actually, no it wasn't me who PM'd you but I appreciate the information you sent me. See you there!!

Clare

Now I am confused
Old Jul 13th 2005, 3:45 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Ok, for fear of sounding like we're 'all mouth' and not coming up with the goods. I just want to get in early. Nicola (other half) has said she'd like to go to the Brissie girls night out, and I've said I'd drop her off and pick her up.

Now we arrive in Oz on the 22nd of July, and I've been strongly recommended from a few ppl that I REALLY shouldn't be driving in a new country (even if it is on the same side of the road! ...lol) less than 24 hours after spending a day in the air!

I DID think I'd be ok, and might! ..... but with hindsight, I think I might have bit off more than I can chew ?!

So basically I just want to put Nic down as a 'maybe' and we'll see how I feel.

I'm tryin to get in as early as I/we don't want you lot to think we are 'all mouth'. Nic DOES really want to go, hey I want to go! ...lol, but we just don't want to be the one who gives it all the "yeah yeah, she'll be there' and then NOT turn up!

We'll see tho.

Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:52 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Ok, for fear of sounding like we're 'all mouth' and not coming up with the goods. I just want to get in early. Nicola (other half) has said she'd like to go to the Brissie girls night out, and I've said I'd drop her off and pick her up.

Now we arrive in Oz on the 22nd of July, and I've been strongly recommended from a few ppl that I REALLY shouldn't be driving in a new country (even if it is on the same side of the road! ...lol) less than 24 hours after spending a day in the air!

I DID think I'd be ok, and might! ..... but with hindsight, I think I might have bit off more than I can chew ?!

So basically I just want to put Nic down as a 'maybe' and we'll see how I feel.

I'm tryin to get in as early as I/we don't want you lot to think we are 'all mouth'. Nic DOES really want to go, hey I want to go! ...lol, but we just don't want to be the one who gives it all the "yeah yeah, she'll be there' and then NOT turn up!

We'll see tho.

Thanks
Where were you coming from, I seem to remember it was the Gold Coast, only there is at least one if not two other people coming up from there. I'm sure Nic could come up with them if you didnt want to drive.

Jetlag can make you feel a bit disorientated, so driving in unfamiliar places, in the dark, may not be the best idea if it can be avoided
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:57 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Where were you coming from, I seem to remember it was the Gold Coast, only there is at least one if not two other people coming up from there. I'm sure Nic could come up with them if you didnt want to drive.

Jetlag can make you feel a bit disorientated, so driving in unfamiliar places, in the dark, may not be the best idea if it can be avoided
Yeah we'll be on the Coast, but also probably more relevant, will SHE be knackered too !?! To be honest I reckon I MIGHT be ok to drive. I have the weirdest sleep pattern anyway, and don't need loads of sleep either, but her, another story! ...lol

I think it'll be best left as a 'maybe' and see how we all are after the first nights kip. I just don't wanna be a "yup, def!!" and not turn up!

Will see tho, I know she loves a girls night out!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Yeah we'll be on the Coast, but also probably more relevant, will SHE be knackered too !?! To be honest I reckon I MIGHT be ok to drive. I have the weirdest sleep pattern anyway, and don't need loads of sleep either, but her, another story! ...lol

I think it'll be best left as a 'maybe' and see how we all are after the first nights kip. I just don't wanna be a "yup, def!!" and not turn up!

Will see tho, I know she loves a girls night out!
If she's like we were, she'll be in bed at 7pm every night for a week!! But pm wholeworldwindow, who's on the GC.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:59 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, yup I'm coming from the Gold Coast. Pretty sure I'll be getting train ('cos it's more fun than driving!) I was amazed last time how safe I felt on the trains! I may have a meeting in Brisbane in afternoon (not 100% sure yet), but will be probably getting train back (possibly with FlowerO too). I get on train at Helensvale - if that's close to you. Happy to pick you up if that's close to you at all and hubby will drop us off at train station? But totaly understand if it's too close to arrival for you. Play it by ear and PM me if I can help. Regards,
Colette
Old Jul 13th 2005, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Hi, yup I'm coming from the Gold Coast. Pretty sure I'll be getting train ('cos it's more fun than driving!) I was amazed last time how safe I felt on the trains! I may have a meeting in Brisbane in afternoon (not 100% sure yet), but will be probably getting train back (possibly with FlowerO too). I get on train at Helensvale - if that's close to you. Happy to pick you up if that's close to you at all and hubby will drop us off at train station? But totaly understand if it's too close to arrival for you. Play it by ear and PM me if I can help. Regards,
Colette
Hi Colette, yeah 'play it by ear' I think is exactly what we'll do As I say Nic DOES want to go, but NOT if she'll be falling asleep in the first pub you go to! ...lol.

Thanks for the offer of a pickup tho
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by logan
Thought it was roll call time........plse add your name if I've missed it, it's not deliberate!

mlbonner, lindyloo, shecha, wholeworldwindow, madsad (yes you are Donna!), J+J, Jim2004 (mrs), Atticus, Sue from Manchester, possibly floweroscotland, Clare E Bongo and of course...meeee...Logan

and as a wee aside....Clare is Bongo really your surname????? Soooo cool if it is!!
BUMP! It's this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP! It's this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great night. Can't wait till I'll be able to come

Tracey
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Should be moving into my new apartment in Highgate Hill on Thursday so just need to work out the buses but defo hope to be there. Gilhooleys, 7.30 for 8, corner Albert and Charlotte St - is that right? Not got a lot of internet access at the mo. Will all settle down in a few weeks.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Should be moving into my new apartment in Highgate Hill on Thursday so just need to work out the buses but defo hope to be there. Gilhooleys, 7.30 for 8, corner Albert and Charlotte St - is that right? Not got a lot of internet access at the mo. Will all settle down in a few weeks.
That's right Sue....if you want I could pm my mobile no. to you or you could pm me yours. I've got Atticus' as it's her 'first time'!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Oye I heard that!!

Oh well no point denying it

See you guys on Saturday - looking forward to it!

That's right Sue....if you want I could pm my mobile no. to you or you could pm me yours. I've got Atticus' as it's her 'first time'!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atticus
Oye I heard that!!

Oh well no point denying it

See you guys on Saturday - looking forward to it!
I'll never forget my first time. There's photos on an old thread! There were a few folk there too! Makes it more enjoyable I find!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.