Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next Cairns meet up???????????

Next Cairns meet up???????????

Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Next Cairns meet up???????????

Any thoughts and/or suggestions for the next Cairns meet up????

The last one was a success with a good turn up.....Trinity Beach seems to be a popular choice...possibly around the end of June/beginning of July time.

Any newbies arriving or just arrived in Cairns?

Anyone wanting to meet up please let me know so I can get some numbers.

Liz
Thought would give Gill a rest from arranging this one.......
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 2:03 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Cairns meet up???????????

I'm a newbie and would be interested in meeting up
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

I will second that but I think that we are in the wrong part of the forum???

Sue
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Are you up this way now then Sue ?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:56 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Are you up this way now then Sue ?
not many takers on the meet.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by youngy73
not many takers on the meet.
Mmmm...could be a slab on the slab mate
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:35 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

What about Yorkeys Knob?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:08 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
What about Yorkeys Knob?
both nice settings and both shite food. just my opinion.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Depends if eating out or having a BBQ.....there is a good italian at Trinity Beach but may be over some peoples budget..I think its o.k price wise and kids allowed..was there yesterday p.m and quite a few families in there..no entertainment for kiddies though..except the beach!!!

Just thought would be nice to alternate meets to benefit those Northern beaches end..not that there are many of us! Maybe a BBQ would be a good idea..cheap and you can cook what you want then....

Bix..stop trying to get newbie treatment..and by the way..you are a bad influence with that red wine!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

You dont have to eat Just drink, enjoy the company and have a bloody good laugh How about that
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Bix..stop trying to get newbie treatment..and by the way..you are a bad influence with that red wine!!!!

I dont remember Bix opening any of the bottles Liz

Any Sat in July then? 5th - 12th - 19th or 26th maybe? We are free and would love to come

Looks like it could be a BBQ at yours then with nothing pink in sight

CYA soon
Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
What about Yorkeys Knob?
Looks like its the usual suspects answering this thread eh Karen

Not been on here since being back from UK trip - how are ya? Bix tells me Nigel is still away - hope he will be back in time for the next meet up!

I see a BBQ at ours coming up, invitations by special delivery

Will be good to catch up again so cya soon we hope

Gill
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:33 am
youngy73

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Depends if eating out or having a BBQ.....there is a good italian at Trinity Beach but may be over some peoples budget..I think its o.k price wise and kids allowed..was there yesterday p.m and quite a few families in there..no entertainment for kiddies though..except the beach!!!

Just thought would be nice to alternate meets to benefit those Northern beaches end..not that there are many of us! Maybe a BBQ would be a good idea..cheap and you can cook what you want then....

last time i was at the trinity beach tavern i vowed never to eat there again. worst meal we have ever had. complained and got the shrug of the shoulders and what do you expect us to do about it. top dollar for shite food but nice setting. same with the boat club. used to go there regularly for many years then they expanded ( to meet growing demand). food and service fell faster than a pam am jet over lockerbie. its the perfect time of the year for the bbqs on the beach. get some numbers, everybody chuck in 10 bucks. ill kick back with a cold one whilst bix cooks the food. perfect. ive also lived here for over 5 years and have eaten in pretty much every restaurant on the northern beaches.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

last time i was at the trinity beach tavern i vowed never to eat there again. worst meal we have ever had. complained and got the shrug of the shoulders and what do you expect us to do about it. top dollar for shite food but nice setting. same with the boat club. used to go there regularly for many years then they expanded ( to meet growing demand). food and service fell faster than a pam am jet over lockerbie. its the perfect time of the year for the bbqs on the beach. get some numbers, everybody chuck in 10 bucks. ill kick back with a cold one whilst bix cooks the food. perfect. ive also lived here for over 5 years and have eaten in pretty much every restaurant on the northern beaches.
You cheeky bugger Sure Bix will have something to say abt that! Must say, your reply made me laugh - very witty indeed

We have always had good experiences at Trinity Tavern, both for evening meals and early morning breakfast. Most places have bad days dont they!

BBQ on the beach ok idea as long as its in the day light but - no alcohol allowed on the beach - is that good or bad lets think!! Although I am not a big drinker, I do like a beer or two when having a BBQ thats part of it innit Just 'bring your own' would be better imo as everybody likes different stuff and we are fussy buggers

This is fun

$10 each - cheap as chips eh
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:39 am
youngy73

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
You cheeky bugger Sure Bix will have something to say abt that! Must say, your reply made me laugh - very witty indeed

We have always had good experiences at Trinity Tavern, both for evening meals and early morning breakfast. Most places have bad days dont they!

BBQ on the beach ok idea as long as its in the day light but - no alcohol allowed on the beach - is that good or bad lets think!! Although I am not a big drinker, I do like a beer or two when having a BBQ thats part of it innit Just 'bring your own' would be better imo as everybody likes different stuff and we are fussy buggers

This is fun

$10 each - cheap as chips eh
the police would be unlikely to stop people drinking responsibly. its there to stop teenagers getting paralytic and making an arse of themselves. we have never had a problem in 5 years having a few beers down the beach. we normally use kewarra or clifton though. a lower profile. i also think the tbh counts the good days and not the bad ones. they would soon loose count otherwise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.