Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next Brissie night out??

Next Brissie night out??

Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:12 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Brissie night out??

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Only the thought of going to work the next day stops me........
Got sent a pic yesterday that someone claims is me en route to Oz, flying over Brighton Pier.......
And talking of the beer - you need to make a trip to Brissie with an empty ute - have you seen my Hobgoblin thread?????
Seen it I just posted on it for directions
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone just clarify what the final decision was on

where
when
who

thanks

jac
Old Sep 4th 2004, 3:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jac,
Don't think one has been made -I shall stick my neck out and say the 15th October - if anyone doesn't want that, shout quick!!! Then we can justify another one shortly before Christmas!
At present I'll put the venue as Gilhooleys - cnr Charlotte and Albert Street. Some of us at least may move on to the place just up the road, that Michelle knows, but Gilhooleys is easy to find and lots of us now know where it is so it'll do for a start (and then I can get my pint of cider!). As for who - anyone who fancies it; quite a few people have answered the thread, and last time we ended up with several extras.
Time? There are convenient trains from north and south that get in around 7.30. Did I read on another threa that you are down in Bayside? In that case if Mcmercer is coming (as I expect she will) she comes up on the train.

Old Sep 4th 2004, 7:27 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

hi pollyanna

i'm leanne and we come over to brissie a week on tues.
my hubby previously put a thread on about me coming out.
oct 15th sounds fab really looking forward to it.
I'll be coming from the bayside area and i am also in touch with mcmerca so will arrange something with her about the train(thats if she doesnt mind)

anyhow carnt wait so will see you all on the 15th.

Leanne
Old Sep 4th 2004, 8:09 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leannefr
hi pollyanna

i'm leanne and we come over to brissie a week on tues.
my hubby previously put a thread on about me coming out.
oct 15th sounds fab really looking forward to it.
I'll be coming from the bayside area and i am also in touch with mcmerca so will arrange something with her about the train(thats if she doesnt mind)

anyhow carnt wait so will see you all on the 15th.

Leanne
Hi Leanne,
Be good to meet you; I'm sure she can sort you out with trains, and its about a 10 minute walk (all downhill!) once you get to the city!!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 8:48 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Hi Leanne,
Be good to meet you; I'm sure she can sort you out with trains, and its about a 10 minute walk (all downhill!) once you get to the city!!
Thanks pollyanna
i think that i will be able to master the hill on the way down but i'm not too sure about on the way up.
lucyb who is out in cleveland is also coming as well so it should be really good.
Also looking forward to meeting you pollyanna and mlbonner as well

catch ya later
Leanne
Old Sep 4th 2004, 9:30 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by leannefr
Thanks pollyanna
i think that i will be able to master the hill on the way down but i'm not too sure about on the way up.
lucyb who is out in cleveland is also coming as well so it should be really good.
Also looking forward to meeting you pollyanna and mlbonner as well

catch ya later
Leanne

15th sounds good to me at this point in time! Will be good to meet you Leanne & see everyone again, as well as all the people who've moved here in the past couple of months (we seem to be expanding at an exponential rate at the moment!!)
Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Goldend Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll be out early 2005.

I'll join you then - you can show me the ropes.

Luv Tinax QUOTE=Pollyana]Any suggestions girls? Lots to celebrate between us in October. I have in mind Friday 1st, 8th or 15th...........any ideas? The 23rd is definitely out, but we'd be OK again after that.

Come on, lets PARTY Show these Melbourne imitators what we are made of! [/QUOTE]
Old Sep 8th 2004, 3:25 am
Home and Happy

Here ya go Wanderlust, bumped to the top for you!!!
Old Sep 9th 2004, 9:44 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Here ya go Wanderlust, bumped to the top for you!!!

Me, Me, Me, too, only arrived on Sunday and today is the first time have had a chance to sit down on the p.c. Hubbie got job after two days so been busy car and house hunting, but put me down for the 15th October, would be great to meet up, was in Charlotte Street on Tuesday so got a rough idea where it probably is, will post later but looking forward to seeing you all.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:10 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Yaaaay!!! I'm here in Brisbane at last! And I'll be there on the 15th. See ya all then!

W.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:32 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Yaaaay!!! I'm here in Brisbane at last! And I'll be there on the 15th. See ya all then!

W.
Welcome to Brissie!! Be good to see you again