Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next Brissie girls night out!

Wikiposts

Next Brissie girls night out!

Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Brissie girls night out!

Originally Posted by kateandderek
great to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!
we are looking at the bayside area at the end of the year. we are total sad'os we love going out together meeting people together!!!!
how are both of you doing? we are totally hooked on brisbane now. derek found a website advertising jobs. brisbane 34 jobs, melbourne 14 !!!!!!! they were covering 2 days worth of advertising!!!
we have to meet up again, when are you both planning to go to brisbane? we should meet up for a drink before you go and def. in brisbane when we get there!

derek and kate!
We are going out for a couple of weeks on 9th April, validating visas and househunting mission. Then hopefully our aim is to take the final plunge at the end of July. It all depends how quickly we manage to sell our new-build home, which we're just doing the final touches to this week. John will hand his notice in next week - but he needs to do 3 months notice, so he won't have much time in between leaving work and moving. Its going to be chaotic. So we're gonna need that drink in Brisbane. We'll try and sort out another meet / drink before we go, but if we run out of time then we'll arrange a date when you arrive in Brisbane. Are you going out for a reccie trip before the end of the year? Austravel are doing really cheap flights around September 1st - 30th November. (Brisbane 449 ) with Air Malaysia and returning with Brittania. If you leave your first trip till the end of the year (i.e December) you'll find that flights will be a LOT more expensive.

Anyway - one way or another we'll meet up again for a drink, be it UK or Brisbane. We'll keep in touch

Netta (& John)
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

just keeping this at the top for anyone esle who wants to come along next Saturday......
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
just keeping this at the top for anyone else who wants to come along next Saturday......
I want to come but staying on lemonade so I can drive home is difficult, whens the sunshine coast branch of AA going to start up
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Goldend Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you tend to "crawl" like we do here or do you tend to stay put - do you go clubbing afterwards?

Can't wait to check out the night life in Brissie!

Luv Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenaxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:13 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goldend Dreamer
Do you tend to "crawl" like we do here or do you tend to stay put - do you go clubbing afterwards?

Can't wait to check out the night life in Brissie!

Luv Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenaxxxxxxxxxxx
We always start the night intending to crawl........but end up staying in one place! Maybe one day we will get motivated to move, but once we find a table and start yakking its such a hard decision to get up and find somewhere else
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:14 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I want to come but staying on lemonade so I can drive home is difficult, whens the sunshine coast branch of AA going to start up
By next time we will have moved house, and maybe The Bloke will allow you to sleep on the verandah........!!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

How are we going to spot one another....will the witchetty hat be on display (like last time)? Do I need a carnation, rolled up newspaper or a straw microphone?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich

You can stay at my house if you like. There should be three of us getting a cab to/back to the area at the moment, I'm home alone this weekend, so no problem with that all.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:53 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by linda_clarky
How are we going to spot one another....will the witchetty hat be on display (like last time)? Do I need a carnation, rolled up newspaper or a straw microphone?

I'm not sure - but you know what myself, Polly & PR look like already. I'll be coming in with Logan & Shecha, so thats no problem, do we have any other newbies joining us?

Do we have a time? I think we were planning on getting there for 7.30pm, how does that sound??

GD - Brissie nightlife isn't bad, as Polly says we seem to have a magnetic pull to the bar and can't leave the area once we're there We've been discussing moving about for a while though.. maybe one day... perhaps for Logans hen night
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:37 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Just been asked to bump this to the top for those who still might want to come.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:58 pm
Swiss, in Brisbane

Barbara_CH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I'm not sure - but you know what myself, Polly & PR look like already. I'll be coming in with Logan & Shecha, so thats no problem, do we have any other newbies joining us?

Do we have a time? I think we were planning on getting there for 7.30pm, how does that sound??

GD - Brissie nightlife isn't bad, as Polly says we seem to have a magnetic pull to the bar and can't leave the area once we're there We've been discussing moving about for a while though.. maybe one day... perhaps for Logans hen night
I will be there at 7.30. I tried to book a table but it wasn't possible...Whoever gets there first should try to get a BIG table..

See you all on Saturday

Barbara
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:28 am
Home and Happy

I'll try and get there 7ish and get lots of space for us. i am under prders to stay SOBER as I have to do a lot of packing the next day........... :scared: whats this strange word "SOBER"??
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:32 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try and get there 7ish and get lots of space for us. i am under prders to stay SOBER as I have to do a lot of packing the next day........... :scared: whats this strange word "SOBER"??

sober for me is having a quick slurp of diet coke inbetween the vodka and cokes!!!!
just have a couple of slices of toast while getting ready, then drink about a glass full of milk before going out - when i do this i rarely get drunk!
and a glass of water before you go to bed tends to stave off the hangover in the morning!

just eat plenty of peanuts poll, you'll be 'right!!!!

have a couple for me!!

sue
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:37 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Exclamation Re: Next Brissie girls night out!

"SOBER"??
:scared: :scared: :scared:

Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:57 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Poll...'sober' is a swear word I think......well it is in my vocabulary..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.