Reload this Page >

newly qualified nurse

newly qualified nurse

Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

jojoeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default newly qualified nurse

hi,
i qualify as a registered nurse BSc (hons) in september 2008. We are coming over to Brisbane in 2008 with my husband as the main applicant, hes a blow moulder (tool and die maker as its called in Oz) would i be able to get a job straight away? ( after all the paperwork is done of course) i dont mind if i have to do a graduation year but realisically are nurses jobs as easy to find as people make out? like in the UK there are none-therefore it will be impossible to get experience prior to coming over due to the major job freezes in the UK.
any advice????
Old Jul 30th 2007, 2:46 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: newly qualified nurse

check out the nursing forum on here where all the nurses hang out. There are loads of jobs for nurses and you wont find a problem getting onto a new grad programme in brisbane good luck x
Old Jul 30th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jojoeg
hi,
i qualify as a registered nurse BSc (hons) in september 2008. We are coming over to Brisbane in 2008 with my husband as the main applicant, hes a blow moulder (tool and die maker as its called in Oz) would i be able to get a job straight away? ( after all the paperwork is done of course) i dont mind if i have to do a graduation year but realisically are nurses jobs as easy to find as people make out? like in the UK there are none-therefore it will be impossible to get experience prior to coming over due to the major job freezes in the UK.
any advice????
There is a nursing forum further down the BE opening page

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Where you might find more info, but my OH also newly qualified with no exp. (now in Aus working at Cairns Base) had no problems. Whether this is true of Brisbane as well I dont know but I expect so. She just e-mailed the hospitals direct asking about jobs & Cairns e-mailed back ....come for an interview, we have a recruitment drive in the UK at the moment! (we had always planned to go to Cairns)
Old Jul 30th 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

link to Qld health graduate programme

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/gnor/default.asp

I think intakes are once or twice a year as in the UK and it depends if they have enough Aus qualified nurses tofill the available places, but the will consider uk qualified nuses