Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newly qualified adult nurse working in OZ?

Newly qualified adult nurse working in OZ?

Old Jun 17th 2012, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Kayleighcakes231089 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newly qualified adult nurse working in OZ?

Hi I am going to be qualifying with a degree in adult nursing next year and I would love to make the move to Australia for a better standard of living for my family.

I was wondering if anybody knows whether I can go straight from qualifying in UK to working in Australia? Or do I need some NHS experience first?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

classybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to all
Default Re: Newly qualified adult nurse working in OZ?

Try the nursing forum. I have posted a few links in there for grad positions. They are extremely competitive but worth a shot. Here is the link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760879 Good luck

Last edited by classybird; Jun 17th 2012 at 9:08 pm. Reason: added link
Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Kayleighcakes231089 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kayleighcakes231089
Hi I am going to be qualifying with a degree in adult nursing next year and I would love to make the move to Australia for a better standard of living for my family.

I was wondering if anybody knows whether I can go straight from qualifying in UK to working in Australia? Or do I need some NHS experience first?

Thanks in advance
Can you explain what you mean by better standard of living?
Old Jun 18th 2012, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Yea. Better standard of living is rather subjective. If you are after sun, sure. Everything else.....
Old Jun 19th 2012, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

There's no two ways about it, Australia has a better standard of living
Old Jun 19th 2012, 6:21 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timmerman
mmmmm, not for us
Old Jun 19th 2012, 7:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Says he who lives somewhere other than Australia.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

Dorothy it see to me u just rake tgro these posts looking for arguments and trying to catch people.....make them look stupid etc, you have no idea where I live/have lived.

Fair enough Margaret you may be worse off than home but do you not reckon in general ozzie beats UK hands down?? I mean less drugs, lower unemployment, better housing, lower crime. not as much racial/religious barriers, more equality between sexes in the work place, pollution is lower, far less people from lower socio-economic backgrounds, less children living below the breadline etc
Old Jun 19th 2012, 7:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy it see to me u just rake tgro these posts looking for arguments and trying to catch people.....make them look stupid etc, you have no idea where I live/have lived.

Fair enough Margaret you may be worse off than home but do you not reckon in general ozzie beats UK hands down?? I mean less drugs, lower unemployment, better housing, lower crime. not as much racial/religious barriers, more equality between sexes in the work place, pollution is lower, far less people from lower socio-economic backgrounds, less children living below the breadline etc
No offence but a) I didn't understand what you wrote to Dorothy other than a bit about no idea where you live - your location says Glasgow, if you're not there then why have that as your location? and b) my world doesn't revolve around the things you mentioned other than unemployment and then only in my case. It's bull, basically. I had no issues with all that stuff in the UK and I don't here, no different just a different climate. Don't believe all you read in in the DM or see on some down under programme.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:16 am
Account Closed

We are financially worse off.
We work longer hours,
We will probably never buy a house again, so i feel like we will never have a home. We will have to move an average of every 2 years due to the crazy private rental system here, for me that's definitely the worst part.
Our kids education is shite.
I miss my family and friends.
I miss being a Scottish person in Scotland, i will always feel like an outsider.

Some people love it , some people don't, I truly wish i was one of the ones who love it, but this is how i feel, its definitely not good for my mental health, but i do get up each day and get on with it, but i feel like i am on a treadmill and cant get off.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Margaret3
We are financially worse off.
We work longer hours,
We will probably never buy a house again, so i feel like we will never have a home. We will have to move an average of every 2 years due to the crazy private rental system here, for me that's definitely the worst part.
Our kids education is shite.
I miss my family and friends.
I miss being a Scottish person in Scotland, i will always feel like an outsider.

Some people love it , some people don't, I truly wish i was one of the ones who love it, but this is how i feel, its definitely not good for my mental health, but i do get up each day and get on with it, but i feel like i am on a treadmill and cant get off.
No long term rentals??

Arre you able to move back to Scotland?
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
No long term rentals??

Arre you able to move back to Scotland?
No long term rentals that ive seen , although we have been in this one nearly 3 years, but on a yearly basis, even thinking about it makes me feel sick.

Cant move to back to Scotland ........ yet........ for a variety of reasons i cant be bothered going in to (mainly children and education related).

However I am saving like mad to buy a wee flat in Scotland (dunno if this will ever happen, but it gives me a goal.)
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Margaret3
No long term rentals that ive seen , although we have been in this one nearly 3 years, but on a yearly basis, even thinking about it makes me feel sick.

Cant move to back to Scotland ........ yet........ for a variety of reasons i cant be bothered going in to (mainly children and education related).

However I am saving like mad to buy a wee flat in Scotland (dunno if this will ever happen, but it gives me a goal.)
Well I hope you manage it so that you are happy again!!

Where are you living now in Oz?
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Omg no! That is all the things that are worse about oz. You have your places mixed. Ok, well there is less pollution here (but more per person). Infact cars are far worse here in SA where you don't need any type of mot etc, but I digress. There are FAR more drugs here!!! Houses are far crapper. Crime seems the same here as where I lived in Manchester. Far more racism here. No more equality in the work place. Far MORE people from lower socio-economic backgrounds. Can't speak about kids living below the poverty line.

Seriously, the only things better here is the weather and the space. That is the reason I came. Everything else is worse. If I could drag the uk to where Australia is and stretch it I would be happy :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.