Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newly arrived in Northern suburb Perth (well a few months ago)

Newly arrived in Northern suburb Perth (well a few months ago)

Old Sep 29th 2010, 2:35 am
Just Joined

PERTH429 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newly arrived in Northern suburb Perth (well a few months ago)

SIZE="6"]Hi My husband Simon, me Debbie and our three girls aged 17, 19 and 21 came over a few months ago, the girls have settled in well at TAFE and Uni and have made lots of new friends - it seems most people on here have younger children for meet-ups, anyone else out there in their 40's who want to meet up at weekends. Simon is working full-time and I have just started some sign language classes at Clarkson. [/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old Sep 29th 2010, 2:53 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newly arrived in Northern suburb Perth (well a few months ago)

Originally Posted by PERTH429
SIZE="6"]Hi My husband Simon, me Debbie and our three girls aged 17, 19 and 21 came over a few months ago, the girls have settled in well at TAFE and Uni and have made lots of new friends - it seems most people on here have younger children for meet-ups, anyone else out there in their 40's who want to meet up at weekends. Simon is working full-time and I have just started some sign language classes at Clarkson. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Hiya, its difficult to get going when you first arrive isnt it. we have been here for just over 3 years now myself (Nev 46) and wife Theresa (43), we have a 15 year old daughter Kayleigh who goes to Rossmoyne High school. So where are you guys? where did you come from in the UK? What jobs are you doing? I am a juvenile custodial officer (posh title lol) kids prison officer, Theresa is a middle school admin at an all girls school. Drop us a line.

Nev.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Hiya

We're in our 40's (49 and 45), we have 2 boys 13 and 10, we live in Quinns Rocks and are always up for a meet up. I work every other Saturday, but won't be available for a few weeks as I'm off back to blighty (on my own with a 30kg baggage allowance) to surprise my best mate for her 40th birthday.

We'll be up for something when I get back

Cheers

Catkin
Old Oct 1st 2010, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by redlion
Hiya, its difficult to get going when you first arrive isnt it. we have been here for just over 3 years now myself (Nev 46) and wife Theresa (43), we have a 15 year old daughter Kayleigh who goes to Rossmoyne High school. So where are you guys? where did you come from in the UK? What jobs are you doing? I am a juvenile custodial officer (posh title lol) kids prison officer, Theresa is a middle school admin at an all girls school. Drop us a line.

Nev.
We were living in Medway Towns, Kent in UK - applied about 5 years ago when used to subscribe to this site, but agency took our money - and they have been mentioned on here doing the same to other people, so finally applied ourselves 3 years ago and got our visa but had to come over to validate 2008 coz we couldn't sell our house, so has been long struggle but finally here, Simon is a State Area Manager for a cleaning company and hating it so is desperate to find another job and I have just started teaching Auslan sign language but looking for a part-time position as well. Where are you guys from in the UK?
Old Oct 1st 2010, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Catkin09
Hiya

We're in our 40's (49 and 45), we have 2 boys 13 and 10, we live in Quinns Rocks and are always up for a meet up. I work every other Saturday, but won't be available for a few weeks as I'm off back to blighty (on my own with a 30kg baggage allowance) to surprise my best mate for her 40th birthday.

We'll be up for something when I get back

Cheers

Catkin
Hi Thanks for replying, would love to meet up when you get back from the UK, works out well coz my sister comes over tomorrow for 4 weeks so am really excited about seeing her again and we are off to Bali at the end of October with her. Wereabouts in the UK are you from? Have a great trip back to the UK and don't forget to pack your winter jumpers !!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Hi Thanks for replying, would love to meet up when you get back from the UK, works out well coz my sister comes over tomorrow for 4 weeks so am really excited about seeing her again and we are off to Bali at the end of October with her. Wereabouts in the UK are you from? Have a great trip back to the UK and don't forget to pack your winter jumpers !!
Hiya, we were in Huddersfield and went to New Zealand first, but then hubbys work brought us to Perth, so here we are, happy as pigs in muck

No intention of living anywhere else for a long long time if ever.

I've packed my jumpers, fleeces and thermals, my little bro (ok he's 39, but will always be my little bro!) called me today and said it was cold, wet and windy Doesn't matter it'll be worth it just to see my best mates face when I turn for her 40th birthday party I wouldn't be going back if it wasn't for that.

Will be in touch when I get back, if I forget (possible!) then just PM me or bump the thread up again.

Have fun,
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 10:13 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

We were living in Medway Towns, Kent in UK - applied about 5 years ago when used to subscribe to this site, but agency took our money - and they have been mentioned on here doing the same to other people, so finally applied ourselves 3 years ago and got our visa but had to come over to validate 2008 coz we couldn't sell our house, so has been long struggle but finally here, Simon is a State Area Manager for a cleaning company and hating it so is desperate to find another job and I have just started teaching Auslan sign language but looking for a part-time position as well. Where are you guys from in the UK?
God that sounds awful the agency taking your money, which one was that then? we used 'gomatilda' and they where fine. We left Lincoln to move here although I am originally from Liverpool. we have been here 3 years now but we started the process about 18 months to 2 years before we left so we must have been looking at it all around the same time as you guys. have you always used the same name on here as I dont remember seeing your name before, I used to run a spreadsheet on people moving out here so I knew a good few names at the time. How far up north are you? do you guys have any weekdays off at the moment? we are currently on hols so we could maybe meet for lunch one day if you fancied it?

Nev.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

Hi there,

The hubby and myself moved here 5 1/2 weeks ago. We're in Currambine and although we like it so far, it seems to be quite hard to make friends if you don't have children (which we don't). I'm 34 and Andrew is 40. Still looking for a job as a primary school teacher but its all paperwork and just as I think it's all done, more comes along (or is it just me?). We're lucky as Andrew works for himself, owning websites. We're up for a meet! :-)
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:11 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SammyT
Hi there,

The hubby and myself moved here 5 1/2 weeks ago. We're in Currambine and although we like it so far, it seems to be quite hard to make friends if you don't have children (which we don't). I'm 34 and Andrew is 40. Still looking for a job as a primary school teacher but its all paperwork and just as I think it's all done, more comes along (or is it just me?). We're lucky as Andrew works for himself, owning websites. We're up for a meet! :-)
get yourself registered, a police check and a working with childrens card and then hand round your CV to all the surrounding schools. A permanent post is nigh on impossible in a state school but get your foot in the door with relief work. I know teachers who pretty much do full time relief. Get a name for yourself at a particular school and then you have your foot in the door.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by redlion
God that sounds awful the agency taking your money, which one was that then? we used 'gomatilda' and they where fine. We left Lincoln to move here although I am originally from Liverpool. we have been here 3 years now but we started the process about 18 months to 2 years before we left so we must have been looking at it all around the same time as you guys. have you always used the same name on here as I dont remember seeing your name before, I used to run a spreadsheet on people moving out here so I knew a good few names at the time. How far up north are you? do you guys have any weekdays off at the moment? we are currently on hols so we could maybe meet for lunch one day if you fancied it?

Nev.
I actually remember your user name and was definitely on an Oct website until it all went belly up - although user name was different then (I can't even remember it - but was something to do with our names debsim or simdeb I think) - we are currently renting in somerly until we decide where to go (house still not sold in the UK) so still not plain sailing for us!!! At the moment Simon in Adelaide on business and my sister is over from the UK but certainly if you are free in November to meet for a coffee that would be great .
Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Hi there,

You are just up the road from us, so would be great to meet up, where abouts in the UK are you from? There are certainly lots of primary schools in the area so hope you haven't got to wait too long before you start work. If you are free in November let us know and we can find a local place to meet for a coffee or a drink - our local seems to be the Whale and Ale.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

Thanks Northern Bird for that. Can only only get WWC check when a school signs it off but everything else is in and awaiting a response... ) I've had some interest from a couple of schools but just awaiting my WA employee ID. Hopefully when the kids go back to school next week it'll move along again.

Perth429 - def up for a drink - not sure where the whale and ale is - we're still learning. Is it just by Quinns Rocks Beach? Could this be a new find before us?
We'd love to get together with other couples to help us find the ropes.
We lived in Birmingham before the big move - I'm a brummie born and bred but Andrew lived in Hampshire.
Anytime in Nov is good - Does anybody have a suggestion for dates?
Old Oct 9th 2010, 7:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Northern Bird for that. Can only only get WWC check when a school signs it off but everything else is in and awaiting a response... ) I've had some interest from a couple of schools but just awaiting my WA employee ID. Hopefully when the kids go back to school next week it'll move along again.

Perth429 - def up for a drink - not sure where the whale and ale is - we're still learning. Is it just by Quinns Rocks Beach? Could this be a new find before us?
We'd love to get together with other couples to help us find the ropes.
We lived in Birmingham before the big move - I'm a brummie born and bred but Andrew lived in Hampshire.
Anytime in Nov is good - Does anybody have a suggestion for dates?
The Whale & Ale is in Clarkson on Ocean Keys Blvd just by the shopping centre.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Of course, it is - We've been in that pub aswell. Typical me - can't remember the names of anything - whats my name again!

We could definitely meet there for a drink or so!
Old Oct 11th 2010, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Great to see lots of replies for a meet up at the Whale and Ale in Clarkson what about November any evening after the 6th November for me (I believe they have quiz nights on Monday so thats to be avoided) maybe for the next visit. But any evening that would suit people maybe a Thursday or Friday night. Debbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.