Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

newcomers to an excellent forum

newcomers to an excellent forum

Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: newcomers to an excellent forum

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Hi, and welcome to the site.
We stayed with friends in Wollongong last year. Seemed a lovely little town, right on the coast and about 45 mins by train into Sydney. Beach looked nice, good shopping centre etc.
If you want any specific info, I can email my friends there and ask them.
Good Luck with your TRA.
Julie
I would appreciate knowing if its possible to walk the children age 8 and 10 to school as i cannot drive and if its possible which areas to rent a property. many thanx for any info. Lol
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of
Default Re: newcomers to an excellent forum

Hi
Just like to say what a super site,loads of questions already answered by just reading.
We have just registered with an agent with a view to move to the Melbourne region on a skilled 136 visa.
Myself,hubby and 4 children 9,7,3 and 1
We have passed the first assessment and now have to pass another with the 'top dog' on Tuesday before starting out TRA.
Any advice on the area,ie Geelong and surrounding would be great.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by farrierswife
Hi
Just like to say what a super site,loads of questions already answered by just reading.
We have just registered with an agent with a view to move to the Melbourne region on a skilled 136 visa.
Myself,hubby and 4 children 9,7,3 and 1
We have passed the first assessment and now have to pass another with the 'top dog' on Tuesday before starting out TRA.
Any advice on the area,ie Geelong and surrounding would be great.
Youre just down the road!!! whereabouts are you - we used to live in minehead when we were a LOT younger!!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Youre just down the road!!! whereabouts are you - we used to live in minehead when we were a LOT younger!!
Cheddar,caves and gorge,where are you heading?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:07 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheddar,caves and gorge,where are you heading?

I know it!!

we are hoping for Perth. what about you??
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rooksie
I know it!!

we are hoping for Perth. what about you??
Melbourne we think,we are going in October for a holiday,so will have a good lookaround then
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Latona
hi
my family are at the beginning of a very scary time we are nearly at the stage of sending our TRA (within the next week just waiting for work refs).
any one else just at the beginning.

we are hopefully heading for Queensland, but we are restricted to where we can go.
at the moment it seems that the only option we have is mackay?
can any one shed any light on this place. i have done a bit of research but would love it if some one could give me some personal feed back.
Sorry I cannot give much info on Mackay itself but good luck throughout the whole process and welcome to the forum.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

CAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really nice

Welcome aboard! Another one escaping Kent I see. We are in Maidstone so I don't suppose anyone who knows this place will ask why we are leaving - chavs and hoodies galore! Not very PC but who cares! Where in Kent are you escaping from?
Caz
Sorry don't know much about the area in Aus you are asking about.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CAZ76
Welcome aboard! Another one escaping Kent I see. We are in Maidstone so I don't suppose anyone who knows this place will ask why we are leaving - chavs and hoodies galore! Not very PC but who cares! Where in Kent are you escaping from?
Caz
Sorry don't know much about the area in Aus you are asking about.

we are trying to escape from gravesend.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

CAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really nice

Oh sunny gravesend! I basically grew up there because my parents were deputy head teachers of a school called Southfields. I can see why you want to migrate.
Caz
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Latona
hi
my family are at the beginning of a very scary time we are nearly at the stage of sending our TRA (within the next week just waiting for work refs).
any one else just at the beginning.

we are hopefully heading for Queensland, but we are restricted to where we can go.
at the moment it seems that the only option we have is mackay?
can any one shed any light on this place. i have done a bit of research but would love it if some one could give me some personal feed back.
Have sent you a big dose of welcoming karma
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 11:02 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
I would appreciate knowing if its possible to walk the children age 8 and 10 to school as i cannot drive and if its possible which areas to rent a property. many thanx for any info. Lol
Hi Lol,
I will email my friends and find out this info for you. Hope you don't mind waiting a few days for an answer. They're not the quickest at replying

Julie
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Hi Lol,
I will email my friends and find out this info for you. Hope you don't mind waiting a few days for an answer. They're not the quickest at replying

Julie
hi thanx for that ,learning to drive would put extra stress on me right now, but may give it ago in oz. I don't mind waiting, as thats all we seem to be doing lately. Lol
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:22 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

...Any advice on the area,ie Geelong and surrounding would be great.
what would you like to know?

We live 'just down the road' (about 45mins) in Colac......go to Geelong often. Going on Monday actually.....
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by banjo
what would you like to know?

We live 'just down the road' (about 45mins) in Colac......go to Geelong often. Going on Monday actually.....
Basically we have been advised to Geelong due to the horse population!!
My husband is a farrier so we need the horses to survive!
Seems like a nice place by the coast,don't really know any more than that as to schools etc?
Look forward to hearing from your experiences

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.