Reload this Page >

newcomers to an excellent forum

newcomers to an excellent forum

Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: newcomers to an excellent forum

Originally Posted by Scossie
I knew you'd say that buddy, so I'm drinking them as quickly as possible, as we speak...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im going to be having a few later on as ive spent all week tarting the house up for the lovely estate agent to come value next week!!!! just hope im not getting too ahead of myself but nothing selling round here at all so thought better get it on sooner rather than later!?!?
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of
Wink Re: newcomers to an excellent forum

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Hi - we have just submitted our second TRA.

all the best

rooksie

thank you i hope you are successful. if you don't mind me asking what was wrong with your first TRA
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Latona
thank you i hope you are successful. if you don't mind me asking what was wrong with your first TRA

can you ask me what was right with it instead - would be a shorter list!!

everything was wrong with it!!

our refs were crap
we did not explain training (after quals received - they still want you to have trained on the job and be supervised)
we did not go into enough details re hubbies specific tasks

the whole thing was just a joke!!

HOWEVER, fear ye not because we could rectify all of the above its just a simple case of our first agent not telling us precisely what was needed. infact, they obviously didnt even know themselves or else surely they wouldnt have sent the application in... would they?????!!!

second time around with Go Matilda we knew exactly what was required because they told us and gave us clear and precise instructions and then the rest was easy! if you know whats required thats half the battle!!
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

such a crap start . but you seem to have pulled yourselves up by the boot straps and got on with a new TRA.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
good luck.

where do you want to go to?
are you going alone or with family?
Old Jun 30th 2005, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

such a crap start . but you seem to have pulled yourselves up by the boot straps and got on with a new TRA.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
good luck.

where do you want to go to?
are you going alone or with family?
thanks mate - and i hasten to add we wouldnt have been able to do it without help and support of fellow plumbers on the site being Fraser, Scossie (who had better restock his fridge!!), Paulf, Flumper, Anne4Terry, JoanneS & Cozz) - they are all smashing people.

Well we are going (we being myself, hubbie and 2 daughters Grace & Daisy) via STNI - originally SA but hoping for WA as they just joined the STNI scheme.

what are your plans?
Old Jun 30th 2005, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

there is me, hubby and 3 children 1 boy age 12(difficult age)two girls ages 9 and 4.
was hoping to go brisbane/ goldcoast.
but after our month recci last year they decided to change the pionts system.
so now we can only go to mackay and surrounding subs, so getting to be where we want to be will take us a couple of years after we get to oz.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

there is me, hubby and 3 children 1 boy age 12(difficult age)two girls ages 9 and 4.
was hoping to go brisbane/ goldcoast.
but after our month recci last year they decided to change the pionts system.
so now we can only go to mackay and surrounding subs, so getting to be where we want to be will take us a couple of years after we get to oz.

our girls are 9 and 4

i quite fancied Brisbane but our only option would have been SIR and i preferred to go STNI - swings and roundabouts and all that!!
Old Jun 30th 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

hi
my family are at the beginning of a very scary time we are nearly at the stage of sending our TRA (within the next week just waiting for work refs).
any one else just at the beginning.

we are hopefully heading for Queensland, but we are restricted to where we can go.
at the moment it seems that the only option we have is mackay?
can any one shed any light on this place. i have done a bit of research but would love it if some one could give me some personal feed back.
hi our family are more or less at the same stage, probably two - three weeks away from submitting ours. trying to cover as much as poss cause we are having a week away and as soon as we get back we want to send them. we are thinking of Wollongong or surrounding area,hopefully only an hour to an hour and half from Sydney, but depends where the work is. any info about Wollongong would help. thanx Lol
Old Jun 30th 2005, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
hi our family are more or less at the same stage, probably two - three weeks away from submitting ours. trying to cover as much as poss cause we are having a week away and as soon as we get back we want to send them. we are thinking of Wollongong or surrounding area,hopefully only an hour to an hour and half from Sydney, but depends where the work is. any info about Wollongong would help. thanx Lol

hi
sorry i can't help with Wollongong but we stayed in Sydney for a week last year.
stayed in a lovely place called narrabean(spelling might be wrong), its north of Sydney, a lovely place ideal for a family,
also stayed at Bondie beach, brilliant.
forgot to add manly beach area is also fab you can get the boat to the city
good luck with your TRA.
how many in your family?
Old Jun 30th 2005, 5:09 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to the site.
We stayed with friends in Wollongong last year. Seemed a lovely little town, right on the coast and about 45 mins by train into Sydney. Beach looked nice, good shopping centre etc.
If you want any specific info, I can email my friends there and ask them.
Good Luck with your TRA.
Julie
Old Jun 30th 2005, 5:12 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

hi
my family are at the beginning of a very scary time we are nearly at the stage of sending our TRA (within the next week just waiting for work refs).

we are hopefully heading for Queensland, but we are restricted to where we can go.
can any one shed any light on this place. i have done a bit of research but would love it if some one could give me some personal feed back.
Hi,
Welcome to BE!
We're just waiting for our TRA to come back. (I've no fingernails left!)
Good Luck with yours.
Julie
Old Jun 30th 2005, 5:26 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Hi
We are sending our TRA tomorrow MR DHL is Booked VERY SCARY!
There is a meet in Kent on Sunday at Paddock Wood you may have seen the thread we are going and have never been to one before so are a bit nervous.

Good luck with your TRA

Kris
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:35 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rooksie
thanks mate - and i hasten to add we wouldnt have been able to do it without help and support of fellow plumbers on the site being Fraser, Scossie (who had better restock his fridge!!), Paulf, Flumper, Anne4Terry, JoanneS & Cozz) - they are all smashing people.

Well we are going (we being myself, hubbie and 2 daughters Grace & Daisy) via STNI - originally SA but hoping for WA as they just joined the STNI scheme.

what are your plans?
Aaww shucks rooksie

Welcome to the site, loads of friendly faces here
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: newcomers to an excellent forum

hi
sorry i can't help with Wollongong but we stayed in Sydney for a week last year.
stayed in a lovely place called narrabean(spelling might be wrong), its north of Sydney, a lovely place ideal for a family,
also stayed at Bondie beach, brilliant.
forgot to add manly beach area is also fab you can get the boat to the city
good luck with your TRA.
how many in your family?
hi we are a family of five, john is the eldest at 17 shaun 10 and becky 8, all at the lovely bickering stage. my husband is a plumber and I work in a furniture shop. We both follow rugby league, hoping it will soon be aussie league. bye for now.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:12 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

hi we are a family of five, john is the eldest at 17 shaun 10 and becky 8, all at the lovely bickering stage. my husband is a plumber and I work in a furniture shop. We both follow rugby league, hoping it will soon be aussie league. bye for now.
Hey, another plumber. Very big welcome and lots of luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.