British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Newcastle United Football Shirts in Perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/newcastle-united-football-shirts-perth-195322/)

Carly Dec 6th 2003 7:10 am

Newcastle United Football Shirts in Perth

Im trying to buy a Newcastle United Football shirt for a Christmas present, any ideas where I can buy one in Perth. :cool:

WBB Dec 6th 2003 9:18 am

Re: Newcastle United Football Shirts in Perth

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Carly
Im trying to buy a Newcastle United Football shirt for a Christmas present, any ideas where I can buy one in Perth. :cool:

i don't know about perth but they were all over brisbane when i was there.

i must say whoever the shirt is for has very good taste in football.

:D

keel Dec 7th 2003 6:35 am

Hello Carly

I can't remember the name of the shop but I,m sure I saw some town tops for sale in Perth city centre recently.

OzTennis Dec 8th 2003 10:28 am

Carly

As billy noted that's good taste!

Official or replica? At Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne they have quite good Made in Thailand NUFC shirts for about $10 (I have a 'Northern Rock', and a 'Brown Ale' shirt from this source, bought a number of years apart! Only close inspection reveals that they don't say adidas).

As it is a present you will want the genuine article though of course:) Judging by the UK price they will probably be around $100. I'm sure you will be able to find them somewhere in Perth selling them and someone else will hopefully tell you where -good luck, and merry christmas.

OzTennis:)

wafoo1 Dec 8th 2003 11:04 am

Newcastle,hmm seen some in Melbourne,can't remember the retailer,it was a big chain thougth, but I wore my Portsmouth one at the beach a few times,wondered what all the stares were about then realised they are sponsored by TY beanies,the kids loved it!

Phil & Karen Dec 8th 2003 4:48 pm

Dont want to upset anyone but you could always raise his ambitions in life and buy him a Manchester United shirt - lol.

Arron Dec 8th 2003 5:43 pm

Originally posted by Phil & Karen
Dont want to upset anyone but you could always raise his ambitions in life and buy him a Manchester United shirt - lol.
That's right,he would then be a proper "red", as most live thousands of miles from Manchester.

WBB Dec 8th 2003 8:05 pm

Originally posted by Arron
That's right,he would then be a proper "red", as most live thousands of miles from Manchester.

lol :D

denhim Dec 8th 2003 8:43 pm

have you not thought of buying the goon army shirt from their official website??

Merlot Dec 9th 2003 2:28 am

Yes but many born and bred there .......

warwick road Dec 9th 2003 3:05 am

stunning originality from the man from tameside

RichS Dec 9th 2003 3:17 am

Originally posted by warwick road
stunning originality from the man from tameside

Replied 'outraged of Tonbridge Wells'

Actually the smoggy probably got the best idea - go to the web site. You might actually find more 'climate friendly' gear besides. Those replica tops make you right sweaty and unpleasant (only really appropriate for United fans then)

OzTennis Dec 9th 2003 9:34 am

Originally posted by RichS

Actually the smoggy probably got the best idea - go to the web site. You might actually find more 'climate friendly' gear besides. Those replica tops make you right sweaty and unpleasant (only really appropriate for United fans then)
That's why I suggested the Made in Thailand NUFC shirt - thinner, more climate friendly material.:D

OzTennis:)

sandradee Dec 9th 2003 10:00 am

There is a shop on Hay Street that sells replica football shirts. Just past Milligan Street before you get to His Majestys Theatre.

warwick road Dec 9th 2003 8:52 pm

Originally posted by RichS

Any truth in the rumour that Anelka is coming to OT in January, Bertie?

Apparently he can't wait to get out of the King Kevs council house....