Reload this Page >

NEWCASTLE/LAKE MACQUARIE

NEWCASTLE/LAKE MACQUARIE

Old May 1st 2008, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

MrsMoo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile NEWCASTLE/LAKE MACQUARIE

Hi

This is my first time on this site so please bear with me.

I am trying to find info on the Lake Macquarie area. We are looking to emigrate to Oz and want to be somewhere with great scenery on the sea/lake, but not too humid. I have been trying to look into this area, but can't really find any info on it. Anything would be great thanks. We were looking into NZ, but it seems to rain too much there. Any info on anywhere in Oz with the these attributes would be great. Thanks very much.
Old May 1st 2008, 4:07 pm
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice
Default Re: NEWCASTLE/LAKE MACQUARIE

Hello and welcome,
We were heading that way originally, but since changed our plans,the mrs has an uncle at lake mac (fennell bay ) and did a bit of research on the area.
looks really nice with a lot of older houses with bigger blocks.Try the search facility at the top , plenty of info on there,also try logging on to the lake macquarie newspaper (good local real estate section )

cheers
Old May 1st 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Shaundawn will become famous soon enough

Hi
Check out www.lakemac.com.au
Good Luck
Dawn
Old May 1st 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsMoo2
Hi

I am trying to find info on the Lake Macquarie area. We are looking to emigrate to Oz and want to be somewhere with great scenery on the sea/lake, but not too humid. I have been trying to look into this area, but can't really find any info on it. Anything would be great thanks. We were looking into NZ, but it seems to rain too much there. Any info on anywhere in Oz with the these attributes would be great. Thanks very much.
For the weather/scenery you want, there isn't really a nicer place to live in Aus, than Lake Macquarie area. Is beautiful place, stunning (wish I could live there). Best beaches in Aus in my opinion.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much everyone.

It sounds lovely there. My husband is a plumber so hopefully, he would be able to find work there.

I shall take a look at the links everyone has sent.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

HI MM
Lake Macquarie is a gorgeous area, we live there so I am a little biased.
We live on the west side of the lake, and are loving it. We are right next to the lake( it makes me smile eveyday), 20mins from the beach, 30mins from Newcastle, 45mins to Hunter valley vineyards and beautiful coastline as far as you wish to drive.
If you have any specific questions I will gladly help.

Hi

Old May 3rd 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

surreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
HI MM
Lake Macquarie is a gorgeous area, we live there so I am a little biased.
We live on the west side of the lake, and are loving it. We are right next to the lake( it makes me smile eveyday), 20mins from the beach, 30mins from Newcastle, 45mins to Hunter valley vineyards and beautiful coastline as far as you wish to drive.
If you have any specific questions I will gladly help.
Been reading this thread with interest as just returned from 3 month reggie in Oz. Had mind set on Melbourne.. but since changed my mind.
I want to wake up and have lovely scenery and as you say be right by the beach. Was going to comprimise as we where staying in Sunbury 35 mins out of Melbourne City and it was lovely, but No I must keep to my guns and remember why we are emigrating.
Anyway, everyone we spoke to in Melbourne of our age group 40+ say they will move anywhere above Sydney on the coast so whats the point of moving there if they are all going to be gone. Our boys are of our hands so no need to be near good uni or schools.
Is Port McQuarie & Lake McQuarie the same place?
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Hi MM

We live in Charlestown - between Lake MacQuarie and Newcastle. It is really lovely around Lake Mac and surrounding areas. We call ours the 10 minute town - ten minutes to good shops, beaches, Lake Macquarie and Newcastle with good access to Hunter Valley and also good routes out of the area towards Sydney or northwards up the coast to wherever the fancy takes you. Beautiful beaches all up the coast with some hidden gems.
There are some beautiful areas around here but bear in mind that we do have some humidity in the summer months. However if you settle near the coast you will benefit from sea breezes which help. We were going to settle more in-land but were persuaded by our son that it would be more comfortable near the coast. He was right!! Good luck with the emigration and if we can help at all please feel free to contact us.

Linda

p.s. It does rain here too!!!!! Have quite a lot since we arrived Jan 07!
Old May 7th 2008, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Port Macquarie is 4 hours drive north of Newcastle. It is also beautiful, we spent a weekend there a few months ago. We found it quite touristy though but we were on holiday mode

You may also want to look at central coast, lots of good areas there and only a short drive from Sydney.

Originally Posted by surreyfamily
Been reading this thread with interest as just returned from 3 month reggie in Oz. Had mind set on Melbourne.. but since changed my mind.
I want to wake up and have lovely scenery and as you say be right by the beach. Was going to comprimise as we where staying in Sunbury 35 mins out of Melbourne City and it was lovely, but No I must keep to my guns and remember why we are emigrating.
Anyway, everyone we spoke to in Melbourne of our age group 40+ say they will move anywhere above Sydney on the coast so whats the point of moving there if they are all going to be gone. Our boys are of our hands so no need to be near good uni or schools.
Is Port McQuarie & Lake McQuarie the same place?
Old May 7th 2008, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi Electricbaby27

What is the work like in Lake Macquarie? Is there quite a lot of building work going on? My husband is a fully qualified plumber, so we would be going on his visa, but he would definately have to work for a few years, not just for the money, but also for the social aspect.

Is there a good social scene there? We would hate to move to the middle of nowhere and be on own, not being able to meet up with people.

The last time I was in Oz was 16 years ago and everyone was so friendly, I'm hoping its still the same now.