Reload this Page >

Newcastle info anyone

Newcastle info anyone

Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mad Moggies R Us is on a distinguished road
Question Newcastle info anyone

Hi all
Hope someone can help, new to this forum, and although have been able to find sites relating to many other areas of Australia, as yet cannot find an expat site for Newcastle NSW. Does any one live their? I know it's not the most common choice for many people( everyone seems to live in brissie/adelaide/perth or canberra or the the odd rich peeps in sydney)We could probably just afford a beach hut :scared: ( with a fitted kitchenette of course) on manly beach.
We are halfway through process, passed TRA so just sending visa application, via agent. The last lot of paperwork for a while we hope !!!
So I guess the next 3/4 months will be as stressfull and sleepless as the last year. Thicky question what does 'lol' stand for i'm sure its obvious.
Me and Me blokey will be heading for sandown in march again this year, glad we have not got to go around agent stands though, this took up loads of time last year
Thanks for any replys. Sar, blokey and 3 mad cats
Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcastle info anyone

Originally Posted by Mad Moggies R Us
Hi all
Hope someone can help, new to this forum, and although have been able to find sites relating to many other areas of Australia, as yet cannot find an expat site for Newcastle NSW. Does any one live their? I know it's not the most common choice for many people( everyone seems to live in brissie/adelaide/perth or canberra or the the odd rich peeps in sydney)We could probably just afford a beach hut :scared: ( with a fitted kitchenette of course) on manly beach.
We are halfway through process, passed TRA so just sending visa application, via agent. The last lot of paperwork for a while we hope !!!
So I guess the next 3/4 months will be as stressfull and sleepless as the last year. Thicky question what does 'lol' stand for i'm sure its obvious.
Me and Me blokey will be heading for sandown in march again this year, glad we have not got to go around agent stands though, this took up loads of time last year
Sar

There have been a few posts on Newcastle on here.

Try doing a search. Look for 'Newcastle' or 'Central coast'.

Newcastle is a large city/town. It is the 7th largest in Australia and is the world's largest coal exporting port.
It was also the scene of Australia's worst earthquake when a dozen people were killed in 1989.

Newcastle is not a cheap place. It is as expensive as any town outside Sydney or Melbourne and far more expensive propertywise, on average, than Adelaide, Perth or Brisbane or other large towns.
Seafront properties in town will sell easily for over a million dollars and waterfront properties around Lake MacQuarie can be easily as much.

It is one of the areas I am considering and have been there many times.

Good luck

G
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Hi all
Hi there,

As far as I know I don't think there is a specific expats site for Newcastle. There is a little website called www.stickybeek.com.au which has a little bit of information for local people which might interest you. It has links to real estate sites, jobs, cars etc as well as the weather and surf report (very important with all our lovely beaches nearby!!!)

I grew up here but moved to UK over 20 years ago (as a backpacker) and then finally came home with hubby and daughter just over a year ago. We have settled pretty well, daughter in high school has made some lovely friends, husband found work very quickly, was made redundant 3rd dec, got temp work in a factory immediately and is due to start new job end of this month so there is work available without too much trouble. We live in a fairly nice 4 bed house with pool and distant views which didn't cost over half a million dollars. Newcastle to us has everything we want (better shops would be good) and Sydney is 2 hours down the freeway for a bit of big city fix when I need it.

Well I'd better get off before I start boring you with my life history, but if you need specific information I'll try and help out. Oh - and as far as I know lol is laugh out loud or lots of laughter but I could be wrong.

Julie
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:24 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Hi all

Hi Mad Moggies

Found your thread, we are also looking at the Newcastle area as we have relys that live that way. Will have to start hounding relys for info and will let you know if I find any and would appreciate you or anyone else doing likewise, as there is not huge amounts of info on the web. Cheers Halflinggirl
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Mad Moggies R Us is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Newcastle info anyone

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
Hi Mad Moggies

Found your thread, we are also looking at the Newcastle area as we have relys that live that way. Will have to start hounding relys for info and will let you know if I find any and would appreciate you or anyone else doing likewise, as there is not huge amounts of info on the web. Cheers Halflinggirl
Hi halflinggirl
Sorry for the delay in reply. I've got some info which I got from a couple who are already in Newcastle (have been their for a couple of months) Sam & Molly. They have been very helpful and I'm sure I would be running around like a headless chicken after only 2 months in :scared:
If you look at a thread that was posted on Jan 23rd by shecha re animal quarantine questions, Sam and Molly have replied to this and i added my million questions
As you will hopefully see at the end of said thread I put my email address, so if you want to send me an email, I have some more info which Sam and Molly sent to me, of which I will forward to you.
Have you started the process yet? . we are halfway, sent visa app off on 28th jan, have had confirmation of receipt in Adelaide, so now going a bit more mad :scared: waiting for next stage.
Where abouts do you're rely's live ?
Are you going to the emmigrate show in march, we went last year and found lots of info, could'nt believe how busy it was, glad we got their early, we are going again this year.
Hope you find thread
Best of luck
Sarah,Craig and The Mad Moggie Crew