Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newcastle & Central Coast meet?

Newcastle & Central Coast meet?

Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:39 am
Just Joined

smileymel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newcastle & Central Coast meet?

I might be able to join, but I cant say definitley... Please keep me posted. Prob a really good area that would suit me would be somewhere in Cooks Hill, or on the Central Coast would be ideal for me as I would absolutley love to come along to one of the meet ups. The reason why I am specifically asking for something to be in those locations is that I do not drive so I would need to get some transport. Up to you though!!!

Mel
Old Jun 4th 2009, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

johnokiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

We're open to suggestions for location etc ..anyone got any good ideas? Speers Point park mentioned before or there's Newcastle foreshore with beach,playground (may be a bit busy at w/end) and cafes nearby -need a few as people dotted around and not sure what weather will be like weekend after this..somewhere kid friendly with access to coffee etc .. also could be more central to be near transport..
keep posting if you are interested so that we can firm up date and place
Cat and Dave
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

We know it's a bit short notice but anyone up for this Sun 14 afternoon?
If weather good - Speers Point Park?

Dave and Cat
Old Jun 12th 2009, 4:32 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Cat- I won't be able to come (as you know) but thought I'd say so on this thread to bump it up a bit!

See you next week hopefully
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Hey Cat- I won't be able to come (as you know) but thought I'd say so on this thread to bump it up a bit!

See you next week hopefully
Thanks hon - much appreciated

Next week wd be good.. (and keep me away from the shops!!)
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:54 am
Just Joined

emmalouise29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Penny_ann
Hi, Did the meet happen? Anymore planned?
I'm new to Lake Macquarie area with a young family and keen to meet other mums/families.
Hello,

I live in Minmi, near wallsend about 30 mins from Newcastle town centre. Im keen to meet new mums and families as well. Im pregnant with my first child and dont know that many people here.

What part of England are you from? Is your boyfriend/Husband english or from here? Mine is from here

Be nice to hear from you

Emma
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

super blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by palmfruit
hi i would be interested in meeting up. i live near spears point, and finding it quite hard getting to know people. i have two older children so don't get to interact with the mums at school (have tried to but nothing). Anyway if the meeting is going ahead let me know and i will try my best to be there.
We live near Cardiff.I came in Febuary with my wife and 2 teenage kids and we are just settling in.We would love to meet up for a drink if you are interested.Reply if interested
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:30 am
Just Joined

gosfordkim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by palmfruit
hi i would be interested in meeting up. i live near spears point, and finding it quite hard getting to know people. i have two older children so don't get to interact with the mums at school (have tried to but nothing). Anyway if the meeting is going ahead let me know and i will try my best to be there.
Hi my name is Kim and I live at Forresters Beach, don`t know where spears point is but would be interested in finding out if you want to meet up. I am at home on my own as my kids are so grown up they have their own homes, one unfortunately back in UK! Like you finding other people has been hard, so if you are interested let me know.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:09 am
Just Joined

skiveatwork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gosfordkim
Hi my name is Kim and I live at Forresters Beach, don`t know where spears point is but would be interested in finding out if you want to meet up. I am at home on my own as my kids are so grown up they have their own homes, one unfortunately back in UK! Like you finding other people has been hard, so if you are interested let me know.
Hi Kim,

Yes meeting folk is hard, we live in copacabana not too far from you, happy to meet up for a drink or too one afternoon / evening. Drop me a pm and we can arrange a time and place, all welcome!

Robert & Francesca
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Hi Kim we live 82k north of you the main place near us is Newcastle
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:43 am
Just Joined

What about somewhere in Erina Fair? I can make myself available any time as I do not work at the moment. The only commitments I have in the near future is a trip out to Perth next Friday where my eldest daughter lives. Will be back the following Friday, unless you want to meet before then?
xx Kim and Tony
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by super blue
Hi Kim we live 82k north of you the main place near us is Newcastle
Hi My husband Tony and I drove up to Newcastle last weekend so it is not that far if you want to meet up there one weekend?
x Kim
Old Oct 12th 2009, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi My husband Tony and I drove up to Newcastle last weekend so it is not that far if you want to meet up there one weekend?
x Kim
My self and Sue woud love to meet up 1 weekend just let us know when you are both free
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Penny_ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnokiwi
Meet didn't happen but would be good to arrange one soon as there seem to be quite a few here who are keen (us included!)

We are fairly new to area and also have a young family and have found it to be quite slow in getting established ..

What about weekend after this one (13,14 June)- Sat or Sun afternoon somewhere Newcastle/Lake Macquarie way?

Also, any Mums who like coffee between school hours - always happy to join you

Cat and Dave
Hi Cat,

You mentioned coffee for Mums in school hours, how about we kick it off and see if we can get others involved too? I have preschoolers so can only make Thursdays or Fridays. How about it?

Pen
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by super blue
My self and Sue woud love to meet up 1 weekend just let us know when you are both free
Hi Sue and hubby
Sorry have not been in touch but we have just got back from a trip to Perth and Adelaide. Yes we would love to meet up. I know tomorrow would be a bit soon unless you are available or would next Sunday be ok? Let us know a time and a place where we can find you.
Regards Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.