Newbies here!!

Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

TheDeanClan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbies here!!

Hiya all, been a surfer of this site for quite a while now so finally decided to join and say hello!
Me and my family have just had our medicals and are awaiting return of our police checks, we are applying for the skilled 136 visa.
The time is just taking forever and we are so desperate to start planning our new life in australia, all things go through ok we are hoping to settle in Adelaide.
Is it just us or does everyone go through the doubting period of will we get it or won't we?
Anyway, theres my hello!
Have fun guys,
Leanne x
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Newbies here!!

Originally Posted by TheDeanClan
Hiya all, been a surfer of this site for quite a while now so finally decided to join and say hello!
Me and my family have just had our medicals and are awaiting return of our police checks, we are applying for the skilled 136 visa.
The time is just taking forever and we are so desperate to start planning our new life in australia, all things go through ok we are hoping to settle in Adelaide.
Is it just us or does everyone go through the doubting period of will we get it or won't we?
Anyway, theres my hello!
Have fun guys,
Leanne x
All the best! Still going through the skills assessment, should here any day. Yeah we have our days when we have our doubts.........totally normal. Enjoy your new life.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

StellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura about

Anyway, theres my hello!
Have fun guys,
Leanne x
Same situation as us, except we received the police checks yesterday and managed to scan them and send them to our CO. Every step of the way we had doubts, so we keep our heads down and get on with it, one step at a time. We've been told that it normally takes around 2 weeks to get notice of visa grant once they've received the police checks. The day that happens....

anyway good luck and welcome to BE.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi welcome to the site.

I think most people will identify with how your feelings,
there is nothing like a piece of paper to say you have your visa.
We are going for our medicals 15th November so hopefully if all goes well not too long to wait after that ( see the doubt is always there ).

Hoepfully it wont be too long before you can get on with your plans for Australia.

Good luck, look forward to seeing your Got the VISA post

Sarah
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

I really feel for all of you who are going through this process, its impossoble NOT to think the worst sometimes!!

It took me over 3 years from start to finish - and I was living in Oz at the time. I felt like I was in limbo, that I couldnt make any plans...so I just partied!!! to pass the time and take my mind off it!

Weh hey!! when it came through guess what?

I partied some more!!!

Good luck all !
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:21 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway, theres my hello!
Have fun guys,
Leanne x
good luck guys!! and just a small question..why Adelaide?