Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Newbies Guide to Keeping Your Pets Alive in Oz!

The Newbies Guide to Keeping Your Pets Alive in Oz!

Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough
Default The Newbies Guide to Keeping Your Pets Alive in Oz!

Here you go guys.
Straight from the horses mouth - well OH who's a vet out here
Hope this helps answer all the questions about ticks, snakes etc
Attached Files
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:58 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Newbies Guide to Keeping Your Pets Alive in Oz!

Thanks that's great we're getting a puppy in a few weeks time so will keep this.

Rebecca
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:06 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahge
Here you go guys.
Brilliant! thanks
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Here you go guys.
Thank you, been looking for comprehensive list like this for a while
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:28 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you that list it was most helpfull, but i think it might have just put me off buying a pet when we get there,, think i'd be worried all the time if my pet wasn't acting normal.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
Thank you that list it was most helpfull, but i think it might have just put me off buying a pet when we get there,, think i'd be worried all the time if my pet wasn't acting normal.
Woops, sorry!
I really didn't mean to scare people off keeping pets, I just wanted them to be aware of the signs - there's a lot of cr*p floating around out there
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Woops, sorry!
I really didn't mean to scare people off keeping pets, I just wanted them to be aware of the signs - there's a lot of cr*p floating around out there
Dont be sorry - if it makes people a bit more aware of the implications of having a pet then you did ok!!

Thats a great post you've done there, thank you and well done
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

Im having doubts taking my little dog after reading all that!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:03 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for that come in very useful if i ever decide to bring over my dog thanks
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:30 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Woops, sorry!

What would you say is the worst crap floating around? for pets I think this advice is great.

Cost can be prohibitive and care for puppies is very time consuming before they can have all the preventative treatments. But in total nothing more than than you would for a pet in any country. Ticks for me being the exception.